What's the most expensive creature you've seen?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
lolacharm
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

What's the most expensive creature you've seen?

Post by lolacharm »

I just lurked in someone's keep and saw a creature that must have been just...expensive af (original doni with a few extras). Now I'm curious as to what the most expensive around are.
RobotChimera
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: What's the most expensive creature you've seen?

Post by RobotChimera »

Probably Elder Crystalwings. Maybe if you had an unfrozen hatchling at 0.00%
lolacharm
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by lolacharm »

RobotChimera wrote:Probably Elder Crystalwings. Maybe if you had an unfrozen hatchling at 0.00%
That's what I saw that made me ask this (frozen though) :lol: (dateless too, not sure if that's at all normal for donis from back then?)
RobotChimera
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by RobotChimera »

lolacharm wrote:
RobotChimera wrote:Probably Elder Crystalwings. Maybe if you had an unfrozen hatchling at 0.00%
That's what I saw that made me ask this (frozen though) :lol: (dateless too, not sure if that's at all normal for donis from back then?)
Yeah I think it had to be unfrozen at some point. Dateless is from a crash that removed a lot of data from creatures (such as date, parentage, ect). and created the first SB hybrids. Happened with a LOT of donis, there was a process to get things back though and people could select a custom date for creatures that had lost theirs I think. So that's how some old donis have "weird" dates (like Oct 31st Temple Cat)
Jeccakat
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jeccakat »

RobotChimera wrote:
lolacharm wrote:
Yeah I think it had to be unfrozen at some point. Dateless is from a crash that removed a lot of data from creatures (such as date, parentage, ect). and created the first SB hybrids. Happened with a LOT of donis, there was a process to get things back though and people could select a custom date for creatures that had lost theirs I think. So that's how some old donis have "weird" dates (like Oct 31st Temple Cat)
It wouldn't be weird for the original crystalwings to be dateless, because creatures didn't have birthdays until some point during the first year. The earliest birthdays I have (from a brief check of my earliest creatures) are from December 2009. Though I went on hiatus for several months before that, so I don't know when dates were added specifically.

LTB Frozen Doni Eggs ----- LTS Random Stuff ----- 7/25 Gifts <3
~ ~ ~ ~ ~Hatchling only, please~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Flower by Salt
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

Temple Cats were once the reigning champion of Most Expensive and oddly, Streamborn Baku had a good month or so, way back in the day, when they cost quite a lot. But now it seems to depend on the person and the dates.

There was someone who had an orig unfrozen Pillagebeast egg - from the first time the april first joke eggs started because there was this joke that - eventually - it would hatch into the ultimate Magi Companion. They stashed it and basically played the game with just 3 egg slots for something like two or three years. I have no idea what they did with it or even if that person still plays, but that might be worth a pretty penny, being the only one of it's kind that still exists(/ed).

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Meow
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Meow »

I have four of the original Temple Cats, one is an unnamed frozen hatchling, and I have to say; he cost me a lot more than his companions. From memory it also took me months to obtain him. I can't find the trade in my history, and the thread is long gone, but I believe he set me back 10 mil in either 2011 or 2012 (not sure tbh)? So for when it was it was a lot. :sweat: Probably not the most expensive thing on the site at the time, but for the time when I bought him, it was a lot of money to be offering to get one.

But I'm still happy I bought him. :t-swoon: He's my treasure.
►◄

<3 I seriously love some of the people here.
(you know who you are *hugs*)
You never cease to amaze me. <3

Practising my drawing skills: feel free to send me pictures of your pets! <3 :3
Shiranui
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shiranui »

I think that would be a SB Elder Crystalwing for 20 millions or so.
At least that's what I have seen....no idea about people's (hidden) treasures!
That includes the two beauties in my signature...I paid a hell lot for them a couple of years ago and I have no idea how much people would offer in case I put them up for sale. (don't worry, I won't. No idea whether there even are any other original dragon hatchlings like those)
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

I'm the proud owner of a dateless Temple Cat. I won her in an auction and I genuinely have no idea how much she cost. It was a steal, although expensive for me at the time. 2 mil?

I'm sure the Elder Crystals, Dark/Light Unicorns, and Void/Celestial Dragons are most expensive.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage
mrbluesky
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by mrbluesky »

I haven't been online long enough to see any really famously expensive things, but I've heard about how expensive and rare Temple Cats are even outside of MS (in conversation)! Which of course just makes me want one :3

Return to “Community Discussion”