How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by darksouls »

We miiiiight have to completely reorganise our Keep... This is getting very chaotic. XD
formerly ardroth - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+ - wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry
We are a plural system, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise. We do our best to return clicks.
... But do you like Dark Souls as much as we like Dark Souls? ⚔️

ImageImageImageImageImage
Hollowshield
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Hollowshield »

Today was alright, minus the fact that my fiance had to go into work early, so no goodbye hugs because I was asleep-
I also have a splinter in the corner of my nail so it hurts to use my middle finger for typing. Other than that things are really swell! My cucumbers are spourted, so is the sweat sugar snap peas... My tomato plant has some sort of disease or blight sadly that is transmitted in the air, so it wont make it. You can only treat it appaerently but cant cure it. My little fur baby tried ot eat my phone charger too lol

Also I totally need to better organize my stuff too XD
https://magistream.com/user/Hollowshield Please click my little ones <3 Image
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

Hollowshield wrote: May 18th, 2024, 6:08:52 pm Also I totally need to better organize my stuff too XD
We've been organising by who in the system wants or likes what, plus some extra tabs between everyone's names, to prevent lag/crashing if somebody goes to look at the tab, but it's getting mighty confusing. XD Might need to forgo the 'organised by who collects what' method in favour of more organisation per species/event type/etc.!

It probably doesn't make much sense to anybody who isn't plural but we like having individualised tabs per system member, because several of us participate and play. :)
formerly ardroth - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+ - wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry
We are a plural system, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise. We do our best to return clicks.

Hollowshield
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hollowshield »

Ardroth wrote: May 18th, 2024, 6:12:27 pm
Hollowshield wrote: May 18th, 2024, 6:08:52 pm Also I totally need to better organize my stuff too XD
We've been organising by who in the system wants or likes what, plus some extra tabs between everyone's names, to prevent lag/crashing if somebody goes to look at the tab, but it's getting mighty confusing. XD Might need to forgo the 'organised by who collects what' method in favour of more organisation per species/event type/etc.!

It probably doesn't make much sense to anybody who isn't plural but we like having individualised tabs per system member, because several of us participate and play. :)
I can understand, I had an uncle who was the same way, but with his art.
And a coworker (and my bestfriend) organized their pokemon cards that way too
https://magistream.com/user/Hollowshield Please click my little ones <3 Image
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

I'll be going to sleep in a bit (it's midnight here >- <), but I just feel like putting this here to get it out of my system.
I've been planning a modded Minecraft run lately with Pixelmon and various other mods (something tells me my laptop will not like me for this... I got a decent cooling pad today, but gaming laptops are still laptops and laptops have nonexistent ventilation.), and I'm taking suggestions for things to add into the run. My planned version is forge on 1.16.5, and I would prefer to keep API/technical mods at a minimum, but other than that any kind of mod can be suggested (Content, QoL, visual touches (I love visual touches a lot, tbh), etc).
I might eventually have to look into getting a proper gaming PC, because like I said, laptops have nonexistent ventilation and with how I sometimes play pretty resource-intensive games (I think the heaviest right now on my laptop is Genshin Impact, though I don't play that much; I'm expecting heavily modded minecraft with a self-made datapack (if I can get that figured out, that is) to be Not Fun for the fans in this thing), the charger is just plugged in almost all the time and I often split up longer sessions (especially in Starbound; my laptop does not seem to like my giant work-in-progress base there, so whenever I'm working on that I split the building session up to let it cool off every once in a while) just so I don't risk losing data or ending up with a corrupted file (I admit I really don't have a very good habit of making backups at the moment, I almost always forget to do it even though I aim to do it at least once a month, keeping a few of the older backups as well).

Hoping to draw a character or two tomorrow, and will be making a small sprite as well, looking forward to it!
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Mazzi wrote: May 18th, 2024, 7:15:17 am Honestly kind of thrilled to be back, it's been like time traveling this morning logging in again after all those years. <3

I currently need to finish my orchestra practice before tomorrow but I dun wanna.
Wh- Mazzi?? You're back! How've you been??
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Mazzi wrote: May 18th, 2024, 7:15:17 am Honestly kind of thrilled to be back, it's been like time traveling this morning logging in again after all those years. <3

I currently need to finish my orchestra practice before tomorrow but I dun wanna.
It's been so long! Hope you've been well <3
bebbies:

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3

Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

I have a little of everything - tabs for my magi characters (plus allies and one location), tabs for creature armies, one lone themed tab, tabs for things that get bred, and a tab labeled "Stuff." It's not consistent, but it works. What I really need to do is (re)name creatures, now that renaming costs have been so drastically reduced. For anyone needing a random name generator, this one is good - http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/ .
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

Mathcat wrote: May 18th, 2024, 8:05:02 pm For anyone needing a random name generator, this one is good - http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/ .
We use this one too!! :D It generated our username to begin with, so it feels fitting. All our critters get random names now.

Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Mathcat wrote: May 18th, 2024, 8:05:02 pm I have a little of everything - tabs for my magi characters (plus allies and one location), tabs for creature armies, one lone themed tab, tabs for things that get bred, and a tab labeled "Stuff." It's not consistent, but it works. What I really need to do is (re)name creatures, now that renaming costs have been so drastically reduced. For anyone needing a random name generator, this one is good - http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/ .
That might be helpful to me, too, thanks. I rarely name my creatures anymore, there's so many.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”