This magiversary, can we all agree to do something?

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

This magiversary, can we all agree to do something?

Post by audrei9 »

Image free nursery is starting to get physically painful to use.
Let's just all agree to remove a creature from it *after* we do something such as freeze it, gift it, trade it, or after it's finished growing to adult form! That's what I've been trying to do now. I've clicked through an entire page and only gotten 5 gold from it because of how nothing else would give gold. It's driving me crazy and I still have 5 more pages to go through.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LTB any and all holyhounds and deadwood deer! No inbreds please!
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who sent me gifts!
Ardroth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: This magiversary, can we all agree to do something?

Post by Ardroth »

From the IFN:

'Please note! Each creature will be removed from the system once it has grown up, is frozen, is released, is put in a trade, is put in a hidden tab, or once it has been in the nursery for 2 days, regardless of what state it is in at the moment. If your creature hasn't grown or hatched during the 2 day period, feel free to add the creatures again.'

You're probably getting only five gold from an entire page because you've clicked everything on it already. Try clicking the more recent pages. Also, don't clear your browser history, because the way I tell if something's been clicked by me already recently, is that the link icon (the diamond) is reddish instead of blue. If it's a blue diamond or underline link in the forums, you'll get 'fresh' gold from it.

Do you have the Alicanto Heart?
they/them - plural + fictional - 25+ - awake at weird hours - wishlist
We are a plural system, all posts are made by Alex (he/they). We do our best to return clicks.
If you get a random trade from us, it's probably a gift. Our Keep is protected to prevent lag.
Anything not in a Sales tab is not for sale, trade, rental, or breeding.
Need a Gender Change, Breeding Restoration, or Tuning Glass? PM us!
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

Ardroth wrote: May 11th, 2024, 9:24:58 pm From the IFN:

'Please note! Each creature will be removed from the system once it has grown up, is frozen, is released, is put in a trade, is put in a hidden tab, or once it has been in the nursery for 2 days, regardless of what state it is in at the moment. If your creature hasn't grown or hatched during the 2 day period, feel free to add the creatures again.'

You're probably getting only five gold from an entire page because you've clicked everything on it already. Try clicking the more recent pages. Also, don't clear your browser history, because the way I tell if something's been clicked by me already recently, is that the link icon (the diamond) is reddish instead of blue. If it's a blue diamond or underline link in the forums, you'll get 'fresh' gold from it.

Do you have the Alicanto Heart?
Huh. That's really odd. Half the pages in most of the creatures I click have adults in them. Does it just work differently for you?

I always thought the description was more of a goal than what the IFN was, because it never worked right for me from day one.
And yeah, I have the alicanto heart.

Ardroth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ardroth »

Again, try clicking the more recent pages, there will be more eggs and hatchlings there. I'm not entirely sure how it all works exactly, you'd have to ask Rosehill, but as far as I know it's working as intended. :o If it's not, that's on me assuming it is, but it's also an event, so there's more creatures and load on the IFN than usual, anyhow.

If you're participating in the click threads as well, which are always very active during events too, there will be overlap there and with the IFN, I'd assume too.

I've never had to remove stuff, myself, but I'll start checking anyhow.
they/them - plural + fictional - 25+ - awake at weird hours - wishlist
We are a plural system, all posts are made by Alex (he/they). We do our best to return clicks.
If you get a random trade from us, it's probably a gift. Our Keep is protected to prevent lag.
Anything not in a Sales tab is not for sale, trade, rental, or breeding.
Need a Gender Change, Breeding Restoration, or Tuning Glass? PM us!
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

How the IFN works with removing adults and such isn't instant, so for example if your click grows a creature to adult, the IFN doesn't remove that creature from the IFN list immediately.

Instead within certain intervals a few times each hour a batch of around 150 creatures is checked, either by random or by certain criteria, and the grown, frozen, etc. creatures from within that batch get removed from the IFN.

Due to certain randomness in the selection of the checked batch, it may happen that some removable things linger in the IFN for a seemingly long time, especially when there is more than 1000 creatures in it. Eventually everything gets removed from the IFN after two days in any case, so especially on an average day there should be no need to manually remove creatures from the IFN unless you especially want to. :italian:

If you want to be certain you only click eggs or hatchlings, the "to hatchling only" section shows the creature images.
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

Rosehill wrote: May 12th, 2024, 2:45:06 am How the IFN works with removing adults and such isn't instant, so for example if your click grows a creature to adult, the IFN doesn't remove that creature from the IFN list immediately.

Instead within certain intervals a few times each hour a batch of around 150 creatures is checked, either by random or by certain criteria, and the grown, frozen, etc. creatures from within that batch get removed from the IFN.

Due to certain randomness in the selection of the checked batch, it may happen that some removable things linger in the IFN for a seemingly long time, especially when there is more than 1000 creatures in it. Eventually everything gets removed from the IFN after two days in any case, so especially on an average day there should be no need to manually remove creatures from the IFN unless you especially want to. :italian:

If you want to be certain you only click eggs or hatchlings, the "to hatchling only" section shows the creature images.
I didn;t know this, thank you!

Return to “Support and Suggestions”