How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
CaityJuju
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by CaityJuju »

@Chess Unrelated kind of but I like your avatar, it's cute :)

Today was better than a couple days ago, I got my Obsidian mirror in the mail so I'll be practicing Scrying with it shortly. It rained all day so I didn't do much at all, but that's fine. Tomorrow I'm seeing Guardians of the Galaxy with my brother, hopefully I enjoy it. :P
Set your heart ablaze. Thank you so much for clicking my creatures! <3
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

oh man I haven't been on here in a looong time. Ummm life updates, things are ok. Work is crazy, but I got engaged on my birthday. We're gonna get married next spring.

We've decided to leave Vietnam after next school year, so I will start the job hunt this fall. I think we'll look into moving to India.
Chess
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chess »

Oh man, I did not realize just how stressful finding housing would be, especially in a smaller city/town. D: Didn't really get started until a little too late. Important lesson for me - Always call, never email. Luckily things seem to have turned a corner. Crossing my fingers that this one works out. :splat:
CaityJuju wrote:@Chess Unrelated kind of but I like your avatar, it's cute :)
Thank you :D It's actually the official sideart for the Red Panda, drawn by Glasswalker.

...Are sidearts still being drawn? I guess they aren't a super visible part of the site, but I always liked looking at them.
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Not sure why I bothered getting the disc version of the ps5. Not even 10 games and the memory is already completely full because each game is practically being downloaded off the discs and onto the console. Nevermind that the console (bundle plus warranty) was already $600, I have to go drop another few hundred on an additional ssd card. :facepalm:

I hear XBox is the same nonsense. So is the Nintendo Switch really, but at least microsd cards for the Switch are significantly cheaper than an ssd. Also the Switch doesn't download 60 to 100gb off each of the game cartridges into the console system. :sweat:
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
CaityJuju
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by CaityJuju »

Chess wrote:Thank you :D It's actually the official sideart for the Red Panda, drawn by Glasswalker.

...Are sidearts still being drawn? I guess they aren't a super visible part of the site, but I always liked looking at them.
I've seen some side art in the bestiary and they all look amazing! I wish all the species had one honestly. Glasswalker is a talented artist. :D

Today was fun. Went to the mall with my brother to hang out before seeing Guardians of the Galaxy. I got a new shirt with Bakugo on it from My Hero Academia - he's not my #1 favorite character in the series, that would be Deku, but he's in my top favorite still. I also got a Deku decor pillow at a different store, and a Funko Pop of Endeavor from the same series. You think I like My Hero Academia? :P

The movie I thought was really good, but also quite sad. If you love animals, be prepared to cry and have your heart hurt, that's all I'll say about the new Guardians movie. <3
Set your heart ablaze. Thank you so much for clicking my creatures! <3
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Revan wrote:Not sure why I bothered getting the disc version of the ps5. Not even 10 games and the memory is already completely full because each game is practically being downloaded off the discs and onto the console. Nevermind that the console (bundle plus warranty) was already $600, I have to go drop another few hundred on an additional ssd card. :facepalm:

I hear XBox is the same nonsense. So is the Nintendo Switch really, but at least microsd cards for the Switch are significantly cheaper than an ssd. Also the Switch doesn't download 60 to 100gb off each of the game cartridges into the console system. :sweat:
We got ours disc version because despite the games basically being downloaded anyway (I'm fairly certain the disc does not, in fact, contain all 100gb and the existence of patches/updates etc. makes that a moot point anyway) there's something extra spooky about only owning something digitally. (The irony of saying this in a post on a pet site where I own a fair number of donation creatures is not lost on me.) Also it means we can borrow games from our friends, a concept that just gets more and more quaint with all games being digital these days.

Unrelatedly, so my husband and I are planning out our upcoming vacation, and one of our stops is in a city I studied abroad in 10 years ago. So I figured it might be nice to meet up with my host parents. My host mom was my primary point of contact so I want through my social media looking for her, only to find that her accounts had disappeared. I was about to just try straight emailing her and hoping that she still used the same email 10 years later, but decided to google her full name first.

....the first relevant result was her obituary. Apparently she died of cancer last year T_T
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Kestrad wrote:Also it means we can borrow games from our friends, a concept that just gets more and more quaint with all games being digital these days.
Heh. I have no friends. >.< At least...none really that play video games. :sad:

Kestrad wrote:Unrelatedly, so my husband and I are planning out our upcoming vacation, and one of our stops is in a city I studied abroad in 10 years ago. So I figured it might be nice to meet up with my host parents. My host mom was my primary point of contact so I want through my social media looking for her, only to find that her accounts had disappeared. I was about to just try straight emailing her and hoping that she still used the same email 10 years later, but decided to google her full name first.

....the first relevant result was her obituary. Apparently she died of cancer last year T_T
My condolences. :t-hugs:
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

Why is pizza the best gift ever?
Happy cheesemas!

I swear I'm not high. Just hungry.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

If anyone is looking to earn some gold, Master Belmos has eggs in Growing, growing 2, 3, 4 and growing to hatchling tabs. Only to hatchling please. Too many adults last time :t-noes:
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

It's the circle of gold: First, I mine it in Master Belmos' Keep and later I spend it on Master Belmos' creatures. :t-:3:

On topic: Headache since yesterday, probably related the plane's air con.

@Dil: I hope both your husband and mother are well again (and you got some rest, finally).

Return to “Community Discussion”