How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by HobbitFeet »

jessk wrote:HobbitFeet - :t-hugs: I imagine public medical is probably not an option for you, but just in case..! That's the work I do and folks aren't always aware of their options.
It's certainly not what I'd consider safe, but it's an option. Medical type jobs usually come hand in hand with offered healthcare, so it's definitely on the table.

Ah, my conservative family members are oddly silent on today's goings-on. Cute. And predictable.
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆
Jrap17
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jrap17 »

HobbitFeet wrote: Ah, my conservative family members are oddly silent on today's goings-on. Cute. And predictable.
Mine hasn’t. Honestly, they have been on a roll today and I haven’t had this much fun reading post on Facebook ever.

Of course, none of my family is rioting, they just have jokes. My family is very sarcastic.

ImageImage Image
QueenoftheRabbits
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by QueenoftheRabbits »

my rabbit has an abscess in her mouth so her vet recommended that I feed her critical care (a liquid/paste food) until her surgery next week. she refuses to eat out of a syringe (likely bc her face hurts) so I gave it to her in a shallow dish and she immediately stuck her little paws in it and tracked it all over the carpet lol
I'm really glad I brought her in for a checkup though- I definitely wouldn't have been able to tell that anything was wrong. she hasn't lost weight or had any difficulty eating as far as I could tell.
member of the artificer's association and the dark brotherhood, happy to get creatures for you, details on my profile wishlist pie head
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

Well, that was good 5 days. Here's to 2022.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
jessk
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jessk »

Well, today certainly was batshit insane..
ImageImageImageImageImage
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

HobbitFeet wrote:
Airasyraye wrote:I’m really sorry to hear that. Did you look up Assurant? I think it was you I recommended it to. I know it can be spotty in areas, but it’s all work from home. We just hired 3 in my dept.
It might not have been me, but I appreciate the advice either way, lol. Assurant... I don't think I've ever heard of them. How's the work like? Do customers get abusive on a regular basis? I've worked by phone before and I'm a dab hand at working with computer programs, so I'll keep them in mind.

I'll only found out about my situation yesterday evening, so I'm going to take a few days to breathe and assess my choices before making any decisions c:
Customers can get abusive because people suck. Just hang up on them. I do property insurance claims, the lender side of things. There’s also health insurance, mortgage insurance, and other stuff. It’s the biggest company you’ve never heard of. International and all. It’s all work from home at the moment (except for those poor souls required in the Mail room and maintenance).
I sit on my butt waiting for someone to call and say they set their house on fire or some drunk cunt drove into their living room. I take the details and if they’ve already informed their property insurance co and have a check, I give them the hoops for the lender on the loan to give them their money. Most times, like 9/10, 8/10 it’s nothing but give us the check and we’ll sign it, then send someone out to make sure you didn’t spend it on a boat.
Other departments just make sure you have the legally required amount of property insurance or flood insurance on your dwelling or help you with health insurance stuff. Others take a look at docs customers send in to make sure they’re legible and what we need for any given situation. And still others make calls out to say, “dude, no, you can’t replace your stick built house with a double wide.”
I think maybe other stuff, too, but I really only know what’s in my area.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

i thought i'd be more annoyed when this happened. scared, maybe. anything. it probably doesn't say much good that it isn't even slightly shocking.
sigh... 13 more days. by then either it'll have been all patched up, or attempts to stabilize the issue will fail and it'll be so much worse than either previous option that we might as well all just give up and get the hell out.
i'm so goddamn tired of all this faction bullshit. digging up pointless shit to fixate over said pointless shit and then puke that same pointless shit back up all over anyone who suggests maybe moving on with life and going for something practical. it's all so mind-numbingly, dangerously fucking stupid. "united" my ass.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

SirChicken wrote:On a more positive note, Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock are projected to win the Senate seats for the Georgia runoffs, which means democrats will have successfully flipped the Senate.
I was cheering and rooting for them from Sri Lanka :yey: :yey:
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

It`s snowing :woo: WHOO!

EDIT: holy shit, people stormed The Capitol!? What was Secret Service doing!? O.o
I just...this...this is real right? :wat:
Last edited by AssassinsCreed on January 7th, 2021, 1:05:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

two hours to wake up. nearly 20 minutes til time to leave and my awakening progress has stalled and started rolling backwards.
it's nearly 9am and i am twice as tired as i was at 7am when i got out of bed.
see, this is why i get the urge to just not go to sleep the night before doing anything. waking up is more tiring than anything else. i could have pulled an allnighter and i'd be more awake than this.

plus the coffee i drank specifically to avoid my awakeness backpedaling, after apparently doing nothing to prevent it, is going to make me have to pee a lot. great help, thanks a bunch!

Return to “Community Discussion”