Show-And-Tell Thread?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
PaleoMage
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Show-And-Tell Thread?

Post by PaleoMage »

I doubt this idea has much longevity, and I also expect it to result in accidental rules violations, but I thought it would be cool to have a thread for people to talk about their favorite critters and what personal significance they have that sets them apart from others of their species. It could be a gift from a friend, it could be a memorial to a real life pet, or it could even be a creature you display at the top of your main tab because you just think it's neat.

Some quick guidelines:
  • As per the rules, no links. But it's not a show-and-tell without something to look at, so use this code, replacing the hash marks with the ID at the end of your creature's URL:

Code: Select all

[img]http://magistream.com/img/####.gif[/img]
  • Only post a creature (or pair of progenitors, or two creatures that are connected in some way) once per day... or once per page, I guess. Whichever is sooner. No double posting, of course.
  • Try to engage with others' posts! Sometimes you just don't have anything to say, and that's fine, but posting a prized pet is more fun if you know what other people think of it.
Example:
ImageImage
Here we have Valerica and Harkon, my first two ambula bats (from the day after they were released, unfortunately :lol:) and progenitors of my Volkihar lineage. Bats are great, ambula bats are probably my favorite MS bats, and the Dawnguard storyline was my favorite part of Skyrim, so these two bloodsuckers are among my favorites.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sale Tab | Free Tab
Always buying Ambula bats at 300g each!
Dancingstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Show-And-Tell Thread?

Post by Dancingstar »

This is Polaris. You see, back years and years ago when the Norther/Southern Light foxes came out, I was immediately in love. I wanted one for years and years, until some very nice person (Though I don't remember who. I looked back in my trades and can't find it.) gifted me him. He is my DREAM CREATURE and he serves as my keep guardian. I do hope to get him a mate, one day. But that can wait. Polaris is good enough for me. <3
Image[
Omira
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Omira »

Dancingstar wrote:I wanted one for years and years, until some very nice person (Though I don't remember who. I looked back in my trades and can't find it.) gifted me him. He is my DREAM CREATURE and he serves as my keep guardian. I do hope to get him a mate, one day. But that can wait. Polaris is good enough for me. <3
<3 ImageImage <3
These are my first two donation creatures and much like Dancingstar, I have no idea how i got them. I just remember looking through my keep shortly after id joined and as my creature pile up and i sort them, i notice these two, click on them and...theyre donation creatures! I was surprised and even now, looking through my trades i have no idea where theyre from. For a little bit i even thought that "maybe everyone gets 2 donation creatures when they join?" but i know thats not true. I love them both and would absolutely love to get partners for them. As well as finding out who sent them/how i got them.
My Wishlist
Please Help Hatch!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Will do my best to click back!
<3Thank you for all the amazing gifts! <3
SouthernCryptid
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SouthernCryptid »

This is Erebus. It took me forever to save up for him even years ago (I don't mine for gold, after all!) and not a week after I traded/bought him from someone- This Crash happened and he was lost...
It was saddening for me, but he was replaced, and his date actually wound up disappearing at some point. I'm sure that happened to quite a few of the ones that were returned during the fixes made for the crash and loss.
So now he's dateless, and I guess that makes him even more special. c:
Tyrannogon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyrannogon »

ImageI still haven't named it, but this was my first donation pet! I received him years ago completely at random by WolfBane382. ^.^ I love dinosaurs and this was back when the Raznak was the most dinosaur-like creature on Magistream. It was the creature I wanted the most, but didn't have the money or time to gold mine a lot. The kindness and being gifted it out of the blue shocked me so much! Especially seeing as I'm not the most talkative person due to my shyness.
ImageImageImageImageImageThank you Lazuli for my avatar sprites!

Return to “Community Discussion”