Creatures 1030/1031-Desgolos

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creatures 1030/1031-Desgolos

Post by Merkwerkee »

Okay but imagine

Desgolos being fed and groomed to be public transport. Given enough feed to become the correct size, and then one day people start queuing at a signpost in the square and along comes this train-sized millipede with ladders affixed to its back at certain points. The conductor is a dude with bags upon bags of lightly-magicked fertilizer that he tosses down in front of the Desgolo wherever he wants it to go.

For longer trips there are older, more experienced Desgolos, ones large enough to have cabins and such affixed to their carapaces and who don't need as much magic-stuff to let them know where to go

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
WolfBane382
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by WolfBane382 »

I like these! The sprite work is very pretty and I love anything that is pink or purple. XD Awesome work! ^_^ Also, I don't hate bugs. I don't find them icky or gross, as they are part of the earth and have been for 1000s of years. As Nadine one put it "Bugs are practically our landlords. They were here long before us. And will be here long after we're gone."

*Wonders how many people will get that* XD

WB
Last edited by WolfBane382 on August 26th, 2019, 12:14:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Until next time remember, No mystery is closed to an opened mind" ~Tim White Sightings~

DC Scroll
QueenOfMolluscoids
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by QueenOfMolluscoids »

Oh, I love millipedes! Those Western are extremely cute, but Southern look like Satan's spawn (artwork is still great, tho)
ImageImageImageImageImage
RubyNightShade
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by RubyNightShade »

I just grabbed two Southern Desgolos before I knew what they were, and then I find out they're giant centipedes! Yikes!!! Yhey're pretty centipedes, though. :lol:
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

aww i love these leggy bois <3 the adult sprites of both are really pretty/cute
(pronouns: they/them)

happy 15th magiversary!

<3 clicks appreciated-just to hatchling pls <3
jmilana
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jmilana »

BashfulWolf wrote:I love them! They're beautiful!
Insects and the like are EXTREMELY underrated in the real world. We need insects in our life. Many people hate them just because they're "scary" or "gross", but a lot of the time they aren't! They're just as beautiful as a cat or dog.

But why JUST my room? I don't eat in there. There's nothing for other bugs to eat, so why would they choose to hang out in my room and not the rest of the house? Bugs are disgusting and horrible. :yarly:

Plus, as a last ditch effort, I have removed all of the furniture from my room (except the bed) and sprayed the entire place with poison. Let's see the little creeps survive that! :devil:
Insects also heat up/get cold, so they will need shelter to stay safe! You may not see any other insects, but there's a really good chance that your room has lots of insects, especially carpet beetles (which aren't harmful, don't worry). It just isn't your room either, there are extremely tiny insects that will be hard to see at first all over your house... there's even microscopic mites on your face. They aren't disgusting, they want to survive just like us.
Poison doesn't last for long, and new insects will come in. If you want to get rid of insects without harming any other living creature in your house, I suggest buying plants that insects don't like or even orange oil spray if you really want to kill insects.
Orange oil spray sounds good. Would you recommend a certain brand? Or is it something made at home? I do have 2 rabbits, and I've actually been sleeping in the living room with both of them to avoid the poison. So a non-poisonous solution would be safer for them.

(Unfortunately, I live with my parents, whose house is not safe for house rabbits, so they sleep in cages. It breaks my heart to lock them up like that, but I do let them run around during the day, when I'm there to supervise them. So they don't actually run through the poison or anything like that. I've kept them completely out of my bedroom since the poison was sprayed.)
Last edited by jmilana on August 26th, 2019, 5:56:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Starchild
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dr Starchild »

oh god why.

Centipedes and silverfish are the only bugs that gross me out. I'm even fine with millipedes and earwigs, but this time, I'll be glad to get my set and hide them at the bottom of my collection, never to be looked at again.
ImageImageImage
BashfulWolf
CreaturesTrade

Post by BashfulWolf »

Orange oil spray sounds good. Would you recommend a certain brand? Or is it something made at home? I do have 2 rabbits, and I've actually been sleeping in the living room with both of them to avoid the poison. So a non-poisonous solution would be safer for them.

(Unfortunately, I live with my parents, whose house is not safe for house rabbits, so they sleep in cages. It breaks my heart to lock them up like that, but I do let them run around during the day, when I'm there to supervise them. So they don't actually run through the poison or anything like that. I've kept them completely out of my bedroom since the poison was sprayed.)
I think any brand of orange oil pest spray would be good, just as long as it doesn't have any chemicals that may harm small animals like your rabbits. Natural orange oil spray may be best.
You can make homemade ones I saw, but the website I saw on how to make it says to leave it in the shade for two weeks.. so it's best to go and buy one instead.
Hope this can clear up your pest problem!
ImageImageImage
"Beasts all over the shop. You'll be one of them... Sooner or later..."
ImageImageImage
"The sweet blood, oh, it sings to me. It's enough to make a man sick..."
lolacharm
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by lolacharm »

the only creatures worse than spiders XD
Sanax
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sanax »

Dr Starchild wrote:oh god why.

Centipedes and silverfish are the only bugs that gross me out. I'm even fine with millipedes and earwigs, but this time, I'll be glad to get my set and hide them at the bottom of my collection, never to be looked at again.
#mood
To hatchling only, please.

To adult, thank you. c:
None at the moment.

Return to “Community Discussion”