Mysfytts fake Gingerbread House

Mysfytt
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Mysfytts fake Gingerbread House

Post by Mysfytt »

I didn't feel like making one so I painted it in Photoshop instead. Mine usually have a sagging roof XD.

* And if it looks familiar that's because I am the same Mysfytt from DC who designed the base for the house last year - so I just painted the same thing. It's my idea of the quintessential gingerbread house anyway - and like the real thing, painting on all those fiddly lollies took the longest.
I am so excited...- ImageWheeeeeeee!
Evil does not understand beauty for it can never possess it,
so hidden away, secretly, in the dark - It destroys it.

Mysfytt
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: Mysfytts fake Gingerbread House

Post by Mysfytt »

Someone Pmed me to ask how i did it, they had Paint. Not sure if Paint is able to do it because it doesn't have the brush variety photoshop does - but here is the explanation I gave them anyway just in case anyone else wants to know so they can have a go.

-------------------------------

um Ok - I am not sure what brushes MS Paint has but I'll do my best. Most was made using a solid edge brush and a fuzzy edge brush which is 2nd and 3rd on the brush list - at varying sizes and opacities. The dappling on the house was a brush called spatter at a large size. I had the outline from the sprite I did as a bezeor curve - so I was able to bring it into a new document and start from there.

I sourced the colors from the sprite using the eyedropper and solid filled it the center color before doing the lighter shades and darker shades either side of it. I also blurred the finished house fill a bit so it wasn't so sharp with the spattering. The outline was drawn on a different layer so it stayed the same.

I don't know how to explain any of it any better because after that i just sat there and thought of stuff to put on and draw it - I started with the icicles on new layer using the hard brush on white and did them, then switched to a smaller fuzzy brush at only 40 percent opacity or so and did a shadow in light blue. The same with the snow and window frames.

The rest is made in a similar fashion - just drawn.
I always use a different layer for a new shape, and repeat it by copying that layer. I used hue to change the colors, especially the cashus on the roof and the window glass and icing border - and used transform to make them the right angle if it was different - for the icing border bits.
I am so excited...- ImageWheeeeeeee!
Evil does not understand beauty for it can never possess it,
so hidden away, secretly, in the dark - It destroys it.

Return to “2013 Cookie Contest”