Otherkin thread for otherkin only

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.

Are you a otherkin?

Yes and I'm a Werewolf
7%
Yes and I'm a Vampire
3%
Yes and I belive I'm a Wolf
No votes
Yes and I'm a Coyate
No votes
Yes and I'm a Shapeshifter
3%
Yes and I'm a Therian
14%
Yes and I'm a Humanoid
No votes
Yes and I'm Something Else
14%
No (but I'm interested in learning about Otherkin)
21%
No(please do not post here)
38%

Total votes: 29

TxCat
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Otherkin thread for otherkin only

Post by TxCat »

Will be writing NaNo this year with Pshaw, like always. Probably overhauling a story we botched and then never finished.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Harlan Ellison

DC: ImageImageImageImageImageImage Nyoka: ImageImageImage Flowergame: ImageImage
Snoopy
CreaturesTrade

Post by Snoopy »

I have no idea what this NaNo thing is >_>
† I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.†

"Flying is learning how to hurl yourself at the ground and miss." If you ever feel the need to get to know me more, here.
http://ask.fm/Strobanov

Don't Clicky :D
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

www.nanowrimo.org
When I first heard about it, I thought it was some kind of Anime Con! The second year I knew about it, I tried and failed epically.

So what is it?
National Novel Writing Month
Although it's very international.
It's an annual writing event held from November 1st through 30th. Anyone can participate. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novella in 30 days. It's allowed to be pure crap. The purpose is to just get you writing, shove your evil inner editor under a rock and just GO for it.
There are forums to either help, or distract you on the site. You can usually find a local group who actually gets together to write and have fun. Often times, you can join an IM group to cheer each other on, and participate in Word Wars- where everyone writes as fast as they can in a set amount of time. When time is called, everyone posts how many words they got done, and the one with the most words wins. You win bragging rights and the envy of those who can't type as fast as you. lol.
At the end, if you make it to 50K, you get bragging rights, and can download a certificate of achievement and such.
I've only won ... 3 times I think, and this will be my 8th or 9th year doing it. My biggest issue tends to be lack of time, working and stuff. Currently, I'm unemployed, so I won't have that excuse this year.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
Snoopy
CreaturesTrade

Post by Snoopy »

Huh. All my stories inevitably involved people dying violent and painful deaths. So not such a great idea XD
That and i have school now >_>
† I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.†

"Flying is learning how to hurl yourself at the ground and miss." If you ever feel the need to get to know me more, here.
http://ask.fm/Strobanov

Don't Clicky :D
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

That's ok too.
They have a forum of dares and adoptions. People post random ideas and you can pick one or more to use.
adoptions can be like a plot idea or a character.
Dares are fun. One of the more popular ones is "kill your main character"
One of the most enjoyable ones I was given in an IM was "include a Squid in your next scene". Me, being Hawke, the hoarder of Skwiddies around here, had to jump on it. But, my story was taking place in a medieval castle. How in the heck was I going to include a squid?
Enter the Ditiopi Scene. Dee- tee-oh-pee. DTOP. Dead Thing On Plate. I had the castle chef tormenting the foreign usurper with a 'traditional meal' of inedible squid stuffed with super hot peppers and spices. It was great.
Sadly, I'm not certain that the scene is going to make it into the final cut, because I decided that 3/4 of the problem with that story was that I was trying to start it far too early. The story didn't get interesting until much later, so I decided to turn all that stuff into deleted scenes and start the novel where it got interesting. Actual important information from before can be relayed in discussions and memories.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Popsicle stand”