Christian Believers Guild -- OPEN

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
Snoopy
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Christian Believers Guild -- OPEN

Post by Snoopy »

Whoops double post xD
Last edited by Snoopy on April 11th, 2012, 1:37:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
† I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.†

"Flying is learning how to hurl yourself at the ground and miss." If you ever feel the need to get to know me more, here.
http://ask.fm/Strobanov

Don't Clicky :D
Snoopy
CreaturesTrade

Post by Snoopy »

My back is getting worse >_> The joys of horse riding :D

and Lilianne i would listen too ^_^ ....well....read too! XD
† I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.†

"Flying is learning how to hurl yourself at the ground and miss." If you ever feel the need to get to know me more, here.
http://ask.fm/Strobanov

Don't Clicky :D
AwesomeSauce
CreaturesTrade

Post by AwesomeSauce »

Icethornstar wrote:
So did y'all do anything special for Good Friday and Easter? :3
My Grandma and my Auntand two Uncles came over for dinner. They aren't christians though...But it turned out to be pretty fun. We just hung out and played a few games. The usual at our house. xD
Image Image
† I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too then copy and paste this in your signature.†
Mood: wee
Noodles
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Noodles »

Sunday I went to church. We listened to a nice, inspiring message. But not much other than that. :/
Thank you...
PaleoMageEzibuttrandomnameHiddenMystic
Tanya9771beckyh2112P3PPYc0rnRilian
KetrillascreamyourselftinnidawgKyrare
GwinniFinlandiaBreAngelWolfwing
...for making Christmas a dream come true!

Lilianne
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lilianne »

Today was Matthew 5.14-16
It's about the town on a hill and the lamp on the table and how we are the light of the world. The challenge was to share a good deed with someone in my "house" today. I interpreted that to mean in the college in general since we call it "our house", so at first I looked for the perfect good deed to share, then realized that it might work better if i just took any opportunity to help someone out. I feel great! even the small things like holding the door for someone or smiling at the cashier when i got my lunch made me feel like i was doing something good. Do you think so?

I think that the best way to be a light for others is to just be cheerful and happy no matter the circumstances. It's difficult, especially when I'm not doing well in my classes, but if I keep in mind that this happiness is for a greater purpose, for eternity, then I can be joyful no matter what happens.

Thank you for "listening" to me. I hope this made your day brighter. God bless <3
Thanks for all the gifts!

To hatchling only plz!
ImageImageImageImageImage

To adult

LTS Event and other Creatures
SleepySpaceDad
CreaturesTrade

Post by SleepySpaceDad »

I'm only twelve so I'll share my kiddish views. I think it's great you do little tidbits of kindness, just doing one big and quick thing won't change it, but a huge things made up of tidbits building up to a big thing counts. I got to a private Christian school and I'm very sheltered :derp:
PM me if you want my discord.
Steam
Icethornstar
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Icethornstar »

We had a special Good Friday service instead of our usual Friday night program. Even as a Christian, I don't think about how God died on the cross for us every day- on Good Friday, though, it's really a time where I realize how little I am and what little I can do in comparison to Jesus. It just made me think a bit more than usual.
Something I'd been thinking about was the moment of betrayal. Do y'all know how much Judas got paid for betraying him? It was around 30 silver coins. That's like saying Jesus's life was worth thirty coins. It just makes me wonder how easy it is for temptation to draw us away from Him, no matter the cost, be it thirty coins, thirty perfect test scores, thirty moments of happiness, etc.
But then I overslept for Easter service, though, so that made me feel bad :c
Lilianne wrote:Today was Matthew 5.14-16
It's about the town on a hill and the lamp on the table and how we are the light of the world. The challenge was to share a good deed with someone in my "house" today. I interpreted that to mean in the college in general since we call it "our house", so at first I looked for the perfect good deed to share, then realized that it might work better if i just took any opportunity to help someone out. I feel great! even the small things like holding the door for someone or smiling at the cashier when i got my lunch made me feel like i was doing something good. Do you think so?

I think that the best way to be a light for others is to just be cheerful and happy no matter the circumstances. It's difficult, especially when I'm not doing well in my classes, but if I keep in mind that this happiness is for a greater purpose, for eternity, then I can be joyful no matter what happens.

Thank you for "listening" to me. I hope this made your day brighter. God bless <3
Mmm, I'm definitely saving those verses. Maybe I'll open up my phone on a bad day and see this staring back at me :3

Being a light for others is something so hard, though. But then, you have to to think of Jesus and His time on the Earth- He loved everyone. So even if it doesn't feel like anything, you're living the lifestyle He wanted us to live, to love others and just try to make things as easy and pleasant as possible for those around us so we can reflect what He stands for. Pure love and pure joy are something that everyone tries to chase, but I think after you come in contact with God, you start to pursue them less and less, because you start to realize that God is perfect love and joy. It's really heartening to see what change this can make in people, when they truly believe. As cheesy as it sounds, the world becomes the tiniest bit of a better place IMO. That's just what I've come to believe.
Good luck with this, I hope you'll be able to think about it a lot~
AmazingGrace1314 wrote:I'm only twelve so I'll share my kiddish views. I think it's great you do little tidbits of kindness, just doing one big and quick thing won't change it, but a huge things made up of tidbits building up to a big thing counts. I got to a private Christian school and I'm very sheltered :derp:
Not childish at all, no worries. xD Do you know what the difference between a Christian school and a regular private school is? I'm just curious.
AwesomeSauce wrote:
Icethornstar wrote:
So did y'all do anything special for Good Friday and Easter? :3
My Grandma and my Auntand two Uncles came over for dinner. They aren't christians though...But it turned out to be pretty fun. We just hung out and played a few games. The usual at our house. xD
That sounds nice, I'm glad you had a good time :3

/claps for Noodles
xD
Was there anything special this year for y'all?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
guineapig
CreaturesTrade

Post by guineapig »

We had a family dinner. It was tasty. :lick:
PLEASE don't click under my quest progress tab!
don't click this link...
† I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too then copy and paste this in your signature.†
ShadowFire225
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShadowFire225 »

Lilianne wrote:Today was Matthew 5.14-16

I think those are wonderful things to do. For us, I know, that it seems like small even insignificant things at times. But for the people we touch when we do them it could mean the world to them, especially if they've had a hard day. And it makes them stop and think that there are people out there who care for them, even if they are random strangers. I love doing something small, but meaningful, for someone random and seeing the look of joy that crosses their face. And then I think that this momentary joy will be replaced with eternal joy in heaven, and how happy it makes my Heavenly Father to see His child think of someone else.
I'm a Christian-a sinner washed clean by Jesus' cleansing blood
http://deepforestcomic.com/ (<- A friend's webcomic)
Clicks please?
ImageImageImageImageImage
SleepySpaceDad
CreaturesTrade

Post by SleepySpaceDad »

In my mind a private school is more sheltered school than public and Christian one is like that but with Christian themes in it.
PM me if you want my discord.
Steam

Return to “Guilds Quarter”