The Book Wyrms - a Magistream Book Club - OPEN

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
badgeroverlord
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Book Wyrms - a Magistream Book Club - OPEN

Post by badgeroverlord »

I LOVE Books let me in
badgeroverlord
Brian Jacques, Lightning, Serious or Romantic
Lightning
It is harder to read
but if you can get past the first chapter or so
you get a lot of suspense and romance
I'm Back <3 fp
=]:D (turn your head) Help spread Ten-Gallon Hatted Man
Spoiler
http://magistream.com/family/14535
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
badgeroverlord
CreaturesTrade

Post by badgeroverlord »

fennelstar wrote:I love The Outcast of Redwall! Also Eulalia, Tagarrung, Mattimeo (Slagar!) and so, so many others... the only one that didn't catch my interest was the Bellmaker, for reasons unknown to me.
Agreed I love those books too
I'm Back <3 fp
=]:D (turn your head) Help spread Ten-Gallon Hatted Man
Spoiler
http://magistream.com/family/14535
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sorakaji
CreaturesTrade

Post by sorakaji »

I am now most of the way through A Storm of Swords, and I am pleased to report that I have not found the story lacking at all, even though most of the people I have talked to who have read the Song of Ice and Fire series say that this one isn't as good. It's so good that I'm actually reading it on my library's website and don't mind that at all.
My friend lent me the first half of this book (her copy is actually 2 separate books) but is still reading the 2nd half. So when I finished this first half, I just started reading it on my library's website.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Spoiler
BBkat wrote:Sort of a promotion/signal boost thing.

A friend (online friend, but friend nonetheless) is getting her first novel published, hopefully sometime in September(so you'll be able to order it from Amazon or as an e-book if memory serves).
As a sort of teaser I guess she's put the first chapter up on her blog, which you can read here: http://liliy.net/blog/2012/09/writing-s ... chapter-1/
If I remember rightly it's sort of horror/sci-fi(ish) genre(I say 'ish' because I don't know if things like, androids would count as sci-fi). I dunno if anyone's into that kind but, give it a look anyways(I did and I'm even more psyched for it to come out despite neither of these being things I would normally be interested in-plus she's been talking about it for the past, at least year and a half). You can even leave her comments there to let her know what you think.
Ok so, it's actually available to read now.
It is a good read, I enjoyed it, a lot(and it's ot normally a genre I'd pick up). I have it on my laptop Kindle(because I was to impatient to order a book and wait for it to arrive :lol: )
So if you like murder mysteries, sci-fi, androids(any or all of them) you might want to consider checking it out. :yarly:
LadyKonekoSama
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by LadyKonekoSama »

I love books, let me in!
Username: LadyKonekoSama
Favourite books/authors/genres: I like Fantasy and the like.
Recommend ONE book! Tell us why it’s great! I've just recently read 'Into the Wild' by Sarah Beth Durst. I liked it because it told a different side to fairy-tales. Because fairy-tales aren't always what they seem...

Also, how do I link my post? I'm probably going to start a list, so...
Image ~Wishlist in profile~ Feel free to keep mine, but please click hatchlings and eggs in my main tab ONLY!! Or, I have put an Image Free Mine in my profile. :D

~Gifts: 7/25~
decfudge
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by decfudge »

I love books, let me in!
Username: decfudge
Favourite books/authors/genres: Erin Hunter (Warriors, Seekers and Survivors), Maximum ride, Fantasy books, With and Wizard.
Recommend ONE book! Tell us why it’s great! Maximum ride (For anyone aged from 12-15) I love Maximum ride! It has something new at every page that you would least expect! The author James Patterson wrought it so well it takes me along with the story. Sometimes I get so lost in one of his books I forget I'm at home in my bed. Instead I'm at the 'school' or flying high with the eagles!
I am dedicating my account to give-a-ways. I will be doing egg-sitting, stock give-a-ways, breeding, and streamcatching. All donations are welcome, and 100% will go to the give-a-ways! Some times the creatures donated will be sold in auction. All proceeds will go towards buying creatures for the give-a-ways.
solidfoamsoul
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by solidfoamsoul »

I love books, let me in!
Username: solidfoamsoul
Favourite books/authors/genres: Stephen King, JRR Tolkien, Jasper Fforde, sci-fi, fantasy
Recommend ONE book! Tell us why it’s great! - The Dark Half was my first Stephen King book, I read when I was 15, I think. It remains one of my favorites. It's dark, suspenseful, you really feel for Tad and his wife and kids. It's great. I remember reading it and thinking "Of course! This is what all the fuss over Stephen King is about!" and it's so richly deserved.

Right now, I'm reading "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett and "All Creatures Great and Small" by James Herriott. I totally recommend "All Creatures". It's not gripping tales! But it's lovely and pleasant and just plain nice to read. Same with watching the show, which is on Netflix.
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by MissMurderPaws »

I love books, let me in!
Username:Arospersonalguard
Favourite books/authors/genres: John Green, anything classic, Darren Shan, fantasy...
Recommend ONE book! Tell us why it’s great! Oh...god...this is hard...uh.... Hm.... Well... Brave new world
I try to return clicks! Thank you so much for any clicks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Live for Dethklok. Die for Dethklok.
Mother of Monsters DiscordMy F2U Base Library
sorakaji
CreaturesTrade

Post by sorakaji »

Arospersonalguard wrote: Recommend ONE book! Tell us why it’s great! Oh...god...this is hard...uh.... Hm.... Well... Brave new world
Awesome book!
SleepySpaceDad
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by SleepySpaceDad »

I love books, let me in!
Username: AmazingGrace1314
Favourite books/authors/genres: John Green, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, J.K. Rowling, Jane Austen, fantasy, sci-fi
Recommend ONE book! Tell us why it is great! The Fault in Our Stars. I can't say too much, or I'll spoil it, but it's the story of a girl, Hazel, who has lung cancer, and she meets a boy named Gus in a cancer support group.
PM me if you want my discord.
Steam

Return to “Guilds Quarter”