Happy Holidays

Learn about the latest updates here.
Lunaroki
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Happy Holidays

Post by Lunaroki »

It's enough past midnight that gifting is gone but we are not yet able to open our gifts. Looks like we still have to wait for morning before the big gift opening extravaganza.
Mine: ImageImageImageImage
My DAN Post

My Ambry: none at the moment
RemiIronstaff
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: Chair of Theriomorphology, HieroZoology Department, Unseen University.

Post by RemiIronstaff »

just like RL, lol...thought we came here to get AWAY from that.
Please help! MUST BE "FED" FROM LINK TO COUNT - thanks! PM me for a treat for being helpful! (my handle over there is "singingbadger", if you're looking for me)
Spoiler
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

One year, when I was like... 4... Dad took me out to get Arbys for Christmas Eve dinner and Santa came while we were out, so I opened everything that night!
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
RemiIronstaff
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: Chair of Theriomorphology, HieroZoology Department, Unseen University.

Post by RemiIronstaff »

i had a deal with my youngsters...the stockings - which were rather large and generally had some pretty cool stuff in them, i've always believed in doing the holidays in a big way - went on their beds as soon as they either fell asleep or faked it sufficiently well for me to reward the performance. they could go to town on them at will and even devour the edibles on the condition i was allowed to sleep at least until daylight. worked out well all around...
Please help! MUST BE "FED" FROM LINK TO COUNT - thanks! PM me for a treat for being helpful! (my handle over there is "singingbadger", if you're looking for me)
Spoiler
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wynterborne
RG Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wynterborne »

I always let my kidlings open one gift Christmas eve, generally one they chose, but sometimes I had an ebil plan so I got to pick which one they opened first ^.^ Now that the eldest has flown the coop *sniff* I have to content myself with such little things as silly tags (you know, giving a curling iron and signing the tag "from Fabio") and my old standby, "The gift wrapped by Hector the Clam". You see, Clams don't have hands, so Hector's gift is generally not wrapped all that well, with about ten or fifteen different kinds of paper, and a whole roll of tape holding it together :P But he always draws a self portrait on the tag so we know he wrapped it. He's such a great guy, erm, appetizer....
Thank you for the clicks!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Wishlist
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

We open all our presents on Christmas Eve, have ever since we were little kids. Parents would hide the 'big gift' until Christmas morning and that would be the "Santa gift".

Yay opening egglet gifts tomorrow (errrr.. today?) xD
Sheraxia
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sheraxia »

Wicked cool idea! Thanks very much ^-^
Moonheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Moonheart »

Every year until this year my family has had the same traditions.

On Christmas Eve we would go out to eat. Then when we got home I was always allowed to open one present(as long as it was after 6:00pm) Then I would have to clean my room. My mom said that if I wanted Santa to come I had to have a clean room. Then my mom would always have to sleep with me because I was too excited to sleep.

At 2:00am Christmas morning my parents would wake me up. I had to rush and unwrap my presents. I had to do this because after I opened my presents me and my family would start the long drive up to Jersey. I never had a problem making the 14 hour drive ever since I was 4.

We would always go up so we could be with my moms family and they lived in New York, Jersey, and Pennsylvania( my mom was the only on who decided to move to the south). We would always arrive in Jersey ( for those who haven't guessed, when I say Jersey I mean the state of New Jersey) at around 6:00pm Christmas night, where we would go to my grandfather's house and eat supper with the entire family(minus my dad's, he's from the south and the whole reason my mom moved down south was so they got be close to my dads family and yet I know my cat's family better then I know them). After we finished eating the children( me and my cousins) would open the presents from our aunts and grandfather( my step-grandmother's family would do the same, but no one cares about her anymore( we have our reasons not to like her o her family anymore). Then for the next week we would stay at my grandfathers house.

This has happened ever since I was 4. Then my grandfather died two years ago. Last year for Christmas, the day after Christmas we still went up, but we stayed in a hotel, but it wasn't the same. Christmas just isn't the same without going up to Jersey and seeing my grandfather.

I'm sorry if there was some information that didn't need to be in there, but this year my whole family has been a little depressed and it helped a little to share the story.

Thanks for those who decided to read the whole story.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

My keep is open for mining. Please feel free to go in and get some free gold!

TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

I read it Moonheart. Very cool traditions.
Moonheart wrote: After we finished eating the children( me and my cousins) would open the presents from our aunts and grandfather...
However... I think maybe you need a comma in there... kuz right now it looks like you ate the children. :wave:
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
Moonheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Moonheart »

TNHawke wrote:I read it Moonheart. Very cool traditions.
Moonheart wrote: After we finished eating the children( me and my cousins) would open the presents from our aunts and grandfather...
However... I think maybe you need a comma in there... kuz right now it looks like you ate the children. :wave:
No, we did eat the children. Jk. I should have notices that dangling modifier. We jut finished talking about that in English and I actually enjoyed them.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

My keep is open for mining. Please feel free to go in and get some free gold!

Return to “Site News”