FAQ: The Frequently Asked Questions thread (Updated Nov 2023)

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Re: FAQ: The Frequently Asked Questions thread (Updated Nov 2023)

Post by Rosehill »

Hellcat wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 9:16:10 pm Is there a way to obtain the item that freezes the color changing on Scarf Wyrms even with the event over?
Or will my frozen hatchling and 100% adult I thought would stay gold [after I froze/raised them this morning during the time frame] be color changing forever instead :sleep: :|
Right at the moment there isn't a way to get the moon shards, but more opportunities for getting them will come. ^.^
kitsunefire
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by kitsunefire »

Hi, I wasn't able to find the answer anywhere else- what happens if you open a gift with an egg but you have 5 eggs already? Does is disappear or can you grab it later?

Thanks in advance ^^
⋆꙳•̩̩͙❅*̩̩͙‧͙ the lab ₊˚。⋆❆⋆。˚₊ dragons ‧͙*̩̩͙❆ ͙͛ ˚₊⋆ [clicks always appreciated!] Image ~wishlist~
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

kitsunefire wrote: January 5th, 2024, 3:37:40 am Hi, I wasn't able to find the answer anywhere else- what happens if you open a gift with an egg but you have 5 eggs already? Does is disappear or can you grab it later?

Thanks in advance ^^
Opening gifts allows you to exceed the egg limit, so you can open gifts even if you already have 5 eggs. The gifted eggs will just appear in your Keep as normal. Of course if you have quite a lot of gifts and open them all up you will then have all those unfrozen eggs in your keep, and need to hatch them before you can grab any more eggs from the stream or shops. ^_^
LittleMaple
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by LittleMaple »

I was unsure where to find the answer to this- where the heck do you get an Ashen Feather from????

Edit: nvm I found it!!!
Meowdy!! I'm Maple :3 I have a fantastic soulfriend offsite <3

I'm a newer user and I struggle with social cues and have minor anxiety around pms. Please keep this in mind when messaging me :3

Mobile user only </3
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

Is the quest "Aderyn's Amagnae Farm" completely retired or only available during the harvest event?
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Just curious because I noticed while I was going through my keep breeding eggs for someone. The Ikonoki can't breed despite subsequent event releases being able to, and the release post by Rosehill does state that they will be able to breed. Given all the site troubles, I think they might have been overlooked by mistake. Unless this was a typo?
February 14th 2023: Creatures 1386 and 1387 have been released.

They are limited event creatures. They will flood the stream up to and including February 20th. The creatures will be able to breed.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Is the quest for the Black Market only active when it's open? Cause I gathered the requirements and returned to the Stream, where my gold was taken, but not the eggs and I have no badge.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

froglady wrote: January 27th, 2024, 2:06:14 pm Is the quest for the Black Market only active when it's open? Cause I gathered the requirements and returned to the Stream, where my gold was taken, but not the eggs and I have no badge.
It is yeah.
Atemumet
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Atemumet »

I apologize if this was already covered somewhere, I did try a search of the thread before posting. Please be gentle if I've spoken out of turn, I am at very high anxiety lately.

1. If it isn't confidential information, how long is the refresh rate on the streams? I know the eggs will reload and give new ones to choose from every so often, but I was curious what that time frame is. I'm assuming it's something like 3min, 5min, or 10min.

2. Same with clicking a creature to grow them, what's the cooldown on that?
*crying gay tears 24/7*
My critters for free/trade
Yarold's Click Exchange
Pokéfarm | Dragon Cave
Atemumet's Linktr.ee
͙˚*  *˚͙
° ˚Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.˚ °
art by Peachiare
Rosehill
Coder
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

Atemumet wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 12:37:52 pm I apologize if this was already covered somewhere, I did try a search of the thread before posting. Please be gentle if I've spoken out of turn, I am at very high anxiety lately.

1. If it isn't confidential information, how long is the refresh rate on the streams? I know the eggs will reload and give new ones to choose from every so often, but I was curious what that time frame is. I'm assuming it's something like 3min, 5min, or 10min.

2. Same with clicking a creature to grow them, what's the cooldown on that?
It seems that we haven't actually included the stream refresh times in the FAQ, so a very valid question! (We are in the process of updating our FAQ and Rules, so this is good input for us to include this information as well.)
-The Main Stream (i.e. the one accessed here https://magistream.com/) refreshes every 15 minutes, at xx:00, xx:15, xx:30 and xx:45 of each hour.
-The Seven Tributary Streams (i.e. the ones accessed by the yellow diamonds in the world map https://magistream.com/world) refresh hourly at xx:00.

As for creatures, they gain growth from each individual clicker every 6 hours. This is not tied to actual times of the clock, but is dependent on how long it has been since the clicker in question has clicked that creature. If no-one has clicked a creature in the past six hours, the creature also gets a boost in the growth the click gives. ^.^

Return to “Support and Suggestions”