Avalon Keep Art Contest! (Light Raiju, Black Ice Dragon...!)

This forum is for art shops

Moderator: Hall of the Arts Moderators

Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Avalon Keep Art Contest! (Light Raiju, Black Ice Dragon...!)

Post by Phoenixwildfire »

Welcome Artists, and thanks for the interest! Now, on to the goodies...

I want to attract a BUNCH of artists for this one- the prizes are as follows (yes, PLURAL.)

Characters are from my keep story, Avalon Keep;

Previously commissioned pictures may NOT count towards a prize

1st Prize: (GROUP CHARACTER PRIZE!)

To qualify for this prize, pictures must be detailed and include a background as well as at least two (preferably all four) of the main characters of the Avalon keep.

BONUS PRIZE: (Keisin or Rynu)

Draw Keisin or Rynu (waist-up is fine) background is not required, but is a bonus.

2nd Prize: (SINGLE CHARACTER PRIZE!)

Pictures that qualify in this category feature one main character (Pheona, Lir, Rynu or Keisin)

(background not required for high quality pics, but are always worth bonus points)

3rd prize: (SINGLE CHARACTER/CREATURE PRIZE!)

Pictures that qualify in this category feature one character (secondary) or creature.

May include: Alabast (Naga) Galadriel (Mermaid) Centurion (Male centaur) Prism (Cascara Butterfly) Lir (Light Unicorn) or Medusa (Dark Basilisk)

Contest Ends: Feb. 14th (hehe <3) But MAY be pushed back if people ask for more time.
Last edited by Phoenixwildfire on December 19th, 2010, 1:32:18 am, edited 9 times in total.
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Avalon Keep Art Contest! (over 500k in prizes!)

Rules:

1. Artworks must be completely your own work.

You are welcome to add more than one picture into each category, but please, quality over quantity ^_^
2. Feel free to have some creative license with outfits- the only rules for them are: Pheona wears red and black. Rynu wears green and black and Keisin wears blue and white
have fun ;D
3. Please stick to character design- Don't change eye colors or anything >_<;
4. Please include a signature in your picture! Be proud of your artwork- include a signature so I know immediately who made it <3
5. If you are doing traditional art (which is welcome) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use a good scanner! I can't tell you how many times I've seen an amazing picture look awkward because of a bad scan...
6- and the most important- HAVE FUN! This is just for me to have character pics by others <3 I so very much loooove having character art done <3 I'll probably have another one of these contests with super prizes like this if this one goes well ;D We'll see!

(and of course follow forum rules)
Last edited by Phoenixwildfire on November 17th, 2010, 2:22:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Characters:

I basically have different songs I base personalities off of- if you want to get the 'feel' of characters, then you can listen to these ;3
Spoiler
Pheona: (hehe this is fun- a song based off me... hmm...)

Escaflowne Opening (lol anime!)

Also, Sora from the same series:

I have essentially two alternate personalities- depending on my mood.

Rynu:
The Undertaker by Puscifer

Very Dark and Brooding, no?

Keisin:

King of the Mountain by Trans Siberian Orchestra (YEAH ROCK OUT!)

and

Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

Lir:

I'm too Sexy- NO... :lol: almost.

Yellow by Coldplay

Main Characters

Pheona-
Spoiler

Pheona is a fire magi that resides in a forest hear Synara City. Her keep is large, and contains mostly minicorns and phoenix. She travels with her loyal companion, the light unicorn Lir.

Pheona has a short temper, and can become quite... volatile... when angry. She has been known to accidentally set things on fire, and she does not take teasing kindly. She is often outspoken, which tends to get her in trouble, gaining her either close friends or enemies. She does not speak much about her past- it's painful to her, and so most of the time she tries not to think about it.

Magic is a Red glow

Eye color: Red
Hair color: Black, cut to shoulder length
Wears red and black robes, usually with gold embroidery around the edges

Rynu-
Spoiler
(by Neoseptum)

Rynu is a magi that is known to be a jack of all trades. Unlike Pheona, he has no element he has focused his studies on. (though he does have a natural talent for earth magic) He has no keep, and his only two companions are Medusa the Dark Basilisk (which is often seen hanging around his neck) and Yin the Noctis Enox.

Rynu is Pheona's little cousin- but just because he's younger does not mean he's weak. He joined the Brotherhood years ago, and after a bad fight with Pheona, cut off ties from her for years. After a recent... 'meeting', Rynu realized his decision was probably the worst he's ever made. He is trying to redeem himself, though he is now marked a 'Betrayer' by the Brotherhood.

Rynu is often dark and sulking- think 'emo'.

Magic is a Green Glow

Eye color: green
hair color: wavy and cropped to ear length- often quite wild.
Wears green and black robes, and has a tattoo of a black serpent along the bicep of his left arm.

The serpent:

Keisin- (note: this is my favorite character other than Lir XD)
Spoiler

First of all: Keisin is NOT a magi, and gets quite offended when you call him so. He has no creature companions, and has no need of them. (they're just animals, after all- no offense Lir.) He is a sorcerer from the mountains- and often jokes that he is 'King of the Mountain' (if you want to do a fun picture like this- I WOULD LOVE YOU.) He's often quite a prankster, which is how he met Pheona, Rynu and Lir. He is often very goofy, but can turn serious quite quickly when the need arises. He is often smiling- and loves to tease others. Also, he's handsome- and he knows it. (quite a flirt, really.)

Keisin has a VERY volatile magic skill- he can do quite a bit of damage if he needs to, but usually only uses his magic for... 'entertainment'. His magic is a GOLDEN glow.

Eye Color: Deep blue:
Hair color: blond, and swept to one side so that it almost covers one eye
Wears blue and white and silver- usually wears a blue and white robe with white fur around the hood, sleeves and seams.

Lir- (<3 <3)
Spoiler

A light unicorn.

Lir is vain and proud- and quite protective of Pheona and his mate, Amalthea (a dark unicorn). Lir is known to be quite moody, and sometimes grumpy when he's not getting the attention he thinks he deserves.
SPOILER FOR STORY:
Spoiler
His human form has pale skin and metallic golden hair- very very handsome, and smug. He can wear whatever outfit you'd like him to.

Half human form- Keisin messed up (didn't have enough magic) Lir is now stuck in an anthro form until Keisin gets the rest of his magic back.

Essentially a light unicorn anthro (reference coming soon)

Secondary Characters

Alabast the Naga

Alabast is usually quite quiet and withdrawn. He is eternally calm, except around Galadriel- who he finds infuriatingly annoying. He spends most of his days tending to the young creatures in the keep- particularly the dragons.

Galadriel the Mermaid

Galadriel is beautiful and spritely- she is very talkative, and cares deeply for Capricorns- particularly Ruby. She cares for the aquatic creatures, sitting in the hatching pond, happily playing with the young creatures. She loves to tease Alabast- he's so easy to get riled up.

Centurion the Centaur

Centurion runs with the minicorn and unicorn herd in the Keep, friend to the stallion and his mare Amalthea. While Lir is out on his travels, Centurion acts as his replacement to keep order in the Herd. He is amused by the relationship between Alabast and Galadriel and often laughs while they fight.

Prism the Cascara Butterfly

Prism is the most trusted creature of Pheona's late teacher. He left Prism to Pheona to travel with her and warn her of the dangers of the world while she traveled to expand her keep and her knowledge. Prism whispers quietly in your ear, his voice barely audible because of his size- he often is very vocal with his wings to compensate.

Medusa the Dark Basilisk

Medusa was abandoned in a forest as a hatchling. Lost and cold, she crawled into a stump to try and keep warm for the night. A young man came along, looking over at the stump and finding the small hatchling. Since Rynu saved Medusa, the basilisk has been his constant companion. She wears a black cloth over her eyes so she won't turn anyone to stone- she tends to have a temper.

for MUCH more detailed info on Lir, Keisin, Rynu and Pheona:

of course ^_^ Let me get a few references for you-

(oh, and just so you know, you'll need all 4 main characters in the pic for the Raiju- that's Rynu, Keisin, Pheona and Lir- Lir can be in either his human or unicorn form)

Lir's references- 1,300 years old (estimate) looks 30 years old
Spoiler
the build of an Arabian Stallion-

Obviously a light unicorn, the reference for that is in the first post.

With a spiral golden hone- (like a Narwhal's)

His hooves and horn and mane are all made of metallic gold (meaning, it's reflective)

In his human form, he has hair like this-

No facial hair, of course. He's a unicorn XD

But about down to his waist, and metallic gold. His eyes are also metallic gold.

He has fairly pale skin, with a golden undertone
Rynu- 20 years old (the youngest, but tallest)
Spoiler
Rynu has a darker skin tone- He essentially looks a bit like Johnny Depp, but with a different hair style. (and no facial hair) Like this-

He has a black serpent tattoo winding up his left arm.

He also has a large scar across his chest from his childhood. It looks pretty nasty (puckered and healed over).

but with this hair (black) like that of Will Turner from Pirates of the Caribbean-
(wavy, and goes about down to his shoulders)

His outfit can be anything medieval-ish, as long as it's black. His entire outfit must be BLACK. (maybe brown pants)

he's very dark and brooding, so smiling is not really in his personality much...
Keisin- 23 years old
Spoiler
His hair is very similar to this- Image
but a bit longer and blond in color-

Here is a reference for him with all his colors-

His hair is golden in color, and you can see the amulet he always has around his neck- it's very important to him (holds his soul)

his winter robe goes down to about midway from his feet to his knees- the colors are seen in the pic, and the fur runs entirely along all the seams of the robe, and along the bottom seam of the robe.

He looks a bit like Orlando Bloom in his facial structure (much more smooth than Rynu) but has no facial hair and his skin is slightly more tanned (from the sun reflecting off the snow at his home)
Pheona- 22 years old
Spoiler
Pheona's hair is like that in the pic in my signature- it goes down to about her shoulders, and is black and swept to the side.

She has a similar appearance to Natalie Portman-

She is short and fairly slight, but not too skinny. She's pretty curvy, unlike Natalie.

Pheona has deep red eyes- as well as a more tan skin tone than Keisin or Rynu.

She's fairly flirty with Keisin, but protective and chummy toward Rynu. She doesn't realize it though, that's just how she naturally is.
Last edited by Phoenixwildfire on January 8th, 2011, 5:37:29 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Entries:

(you are responsible for your image's link working by the time this contest ends- if I can't see your picture, how can I know what great work you did? :()

When you see a number next to your art, that is what prize you qualify for-

for (1) you must have two characters and a background as a minimum. For (2) you need 1 character (main), background is a bonus but not required. For (3) it can be any character, and no background is required.

(1) = light raiju
(2) = black tienko
(3) = savantis bat

Deathmaster- Lir (2)
Gingy- Lir (2)
Mordeth- Lir (3)
RandomParaphernalia- Lir and Pheona (2)
Twister4eva- Group (1)Rynu (bonus)
Dulin- Young Keisin (2)
AzuraRiverja- Pheona (2)
Last edited by Phoenixwildfire on February 14th, 2011, 9:51:01 am, edited 11 times in total.
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Avalon Keep Art Contest! (DP prizes- RAIJU!!)

open for posting <3
PossessedFae
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PossessedFae »

Solike... aren't there more characters for ref? Or all those names I see in the first designed to make people go crazy?

/planning on doing Lir :P
I have a lot of butterflies. :derp:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

The refs are under the spoilers underneath them- I'm working on some actual picture refs for people, but as of now you'll have to go by a description XD

plus I just edited it with the secondary characters ;D
PossessedFae
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PossessedFae »

Haha. :yey: Posted while you where editing, most likely.

/now plans on mermaid and naga xD

Lir will mostly likely be painted digitally, but if I do the happy couple, most likely in traditional unless by some miracle I deem myself skilled enough to try them digitally. :tard: Don't worry about my scanner; images are only carppy when I do black/really dark colors in a color image (like if I drew a tinsel wyrm with a miststalker and can't do it in black/white because the miststalker is in color >.>).
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

lol I did take a long while to edit it XD

Awesome <3 I love traditional art just as well as digital, so I'm good either way ^__^

Just remember the qualifications for the prizes- to go for the Raiju you have to have a background to the picture as well- and it has to have detail and such.

it's worth 300k after all O.o
PossessedFae
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PossessedFae »

We will see. xD I just got MyPaint ( <3 ) and I am still trying to figure out which brushes work best with a mouse since I don't have a pen tablet.

Return to “Seller's Gallery”