Is anyone actually *selling* Tylluan? [economic discussion]

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
ellysketchit
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Re: Is anyone actually *selling* Tylluan? [economic discussion]

Post by ellysketchit »

PaleoMage wrote:
Skyeh wrote:I know that when my birthday rolls around, I'll be able to donate 50$, probably 75$, and less likely, 100$.
You're kidding. o.o' And I thought that the idea of me spending 30$ on this place was a little much. I suppose it does keep the site running, though, so such large amounts as $50 onwards do make sense, in a way...
Anyway... I know that I was wishing that I could help people buy donation pets since I'll be donating soon, but with 30 shards I won't have much extra. XD"
Maybe I'll up it to 40..? No, I couldn't possibly...
In all, I've donated several hundred dollars already. >_> That's why I'm very vocal about things that I see where the site is going astray in any way. I mean, I feel like I own a damn big piece of it.

LOL.

[eggs] IRL causing problems; sorry all

ellysketchit.deviantart

Egglock Help!
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[eggs]

No matter how bad it gets,
Zoro always has the ability
to make it all better.
[/center]
Atuin
CreaturesTrade

Post by Atuin »

I never have actual money in real life going spare. Living expenses and pets. If the cost of shards was reduced a little I might be tempted to buy some though. Alas not to sell anything as I still wouldn't be able to spend that much.
...All would love to be clicked...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My FR user name is: Lapinporokoira (Wind)
My DC User name is: Atuin
ellysketchit
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ellysketchit »

I don't, either, if you want to know the truth. That's why I was so worried about my mortgage this month...

But it helps keep me sane. I only spend a bit each month unless I get money from somewhere extra. I sort of reason that it's less than what I'd be spending on medication if I actually had health insurance and got some for my illnesses.

Yeah, bad reasoning. I know.

[eggs] IRL causing problems; sorry all

ellysketchit.deviantart

Egglock Help!
Spoiler

[eggs]

No matter how bad it gets,
Zoro always has the ability
to make it all better.
[/center]
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

It's only been four days...

But yeah, I think a lot of is that there are a ton of people who don't donate compared to those who do. So demand is up, and there's really no need to make LTS threads. Just find the LTB that's offering the most. Heck, I saw someone jack up the price on someone else in their LTB thread. 100k turned into 150k, because the seller thought they could (and maybe did) get away with it.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Phoenixwildfire »

I do have my trading thread for them, but unfortunately unless things turn around a bit for me I won't be able to buy more than 1 weeks worth for others :/ so that takes another 30 shards out of the market that would have been there otherwise.

Things in real life just aren't working out right now- what with the harsh economy and the holidays coming up, people don't have as much money to spare on donation pets as they used to.
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BluMajica »

I was thinking of donating the $50 I got for my birthday here...but I'm under some stresses in RL with car rego due, christmas payments, another $200 textbook to buy for summer school...so I won't be this month, besides even with the aussie dollar being even with the US dollar a $1 for $1 exchange ( :woo: ) I want to wait and see what happens for the December donation pet...Im not much of an owl fan lol though the sprites are fantastic.

So yeah, more excited about a Dec donation pet than this months - so perhaps some others are in the same bin? Want to see what the Christmas DP is?

and ive seen some selling but...my views there are more in line with my sig than anything else lol

edit: I also don't sell Dp's as when I do be generous and sell for a "reasonable" amount of 10k per shard or less people go get greedy and sell it on for stupid amounts....just ugh...
Beetle by Cassowary

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

I was Mordeth - I am now not. I'm gone again - find me on VOU if it's urgent under Mordeth
Atuin
CreaturesTrade

Post by Atuin »

Mordeth wrote:
edit: I also don't sell Dp's as when I do be generous and sell for a "reasonable" amount of 10k per shard or less people go get greedy and sell it on for stupid amounts....just ugh...
The only donation pet I've sold was a spare one that I was fairly certain I bought in a thread when prices were lower. I would never take advantage of a gift. I have a bunch of Shaa I got or my birthday as gifts and even though I'm always desperate for gold I haven't even considered selling any.

The only donation pet I'm willing to sell was one I bought a while back before prices got astronomical as a spare for future trading.
...All would love to be clicked...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My FR user name is: Lapinporokoira (Wind)
My DC User name is: Atuin
NellaFantasia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by NellaFantasia »

I definitely think there's a lack of supply. A lot of people are hurting in the real world and simply don't have the means to donate here in large quantities. People I used to see selling donis every month to others have closed up shop. Lack of supply, but high in demand with more and more people joining. It's getting difficult to find them.

//ImageImageImage//
codes
Spoiler

[url=http://magistream.com/creature/9027655][img]http://magistream.com/img/9027655.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/9027879][img]http://magistream.com/img/9027879.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/9027892][img]http://magistream.com/img/9027892.gif[/img][/url]
[/center]

twitter: @lezsourfruit

Art by Faeryl
Skyeh
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Skyeh »

ellysketchit wrote:
PaleoMage wrote:
Skyeh wrote:I know that when my birthday rolls around, I'll be able to donate 50$, probably 75$, and less likely, 100$.
You're kidding. o.o' And I thought that the idea of me spending 30$ on this place was a little much. I suppose it does keep the site running, though, so such large amounts as $50 onwards do make sense, in a way...
Anyway... I know that I was wishing that I could help people buy donation pets since I'll be donating soon, but with 30 shards I won't have much extra. XD"
In all, I've donated several hundred dollars already. >_> That's why I'm very vocal about things that I see where the site is going astray in any way. I mean, I feel like I own a damn big piece of it.

LOL.
I donated 50$ last month, and I can donate at least, bare minimum, 25$ per month.
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

ellysketchit wrote:
PaleoMage wrote:

LOL.
XD Between July 09 - Present I've donated $125. Course I slacked off a lot on donating last semester as I had no money!

Return to “Community Discussion”