Image Free MagiStream Nursery

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.

Would you use this mine if it were created? If not, why? Please elaborate in a post.

Yes.
45%
No. (Please elaborate.)
1%
Yes, it would help me raise my creatures.
36%
No, I don't understand how this works.
No votes
No, I don't like the risks involved.
No votes
No, I cannot use mines due to computer (or other factor) limitations.
4%
Giraffes. XD
15%

Total votes: 103

starlightneko
CreaturesTrade

Re: Image Free MagiStream Nursery

Post by starlightneko »

So long as mom's internet restrictions don't interfere, I'm for it
Star enjoys speaking in third person. ImageImage

nanotyranus wrote:MAGISTREAM
People come here to make no sense and kick butt, and they're all out of butt.
They've already stolen all the butts.
jinglepupskye
CreaturesTrade

Post by jinglepupskye »

tinnidawg wrote:These things need a database to work effectively, all those things ultimately costs money.
In DC a few players donate to the hatcheries, in MS anyone who can donate would obviously buy shards for DP's.
Also sustaining those kinds of RL costs is something that is very hard to sustain.

There are free sites, but they are free for a reason. There are restrictions to the amount of vartiation possible on those.
They also need a dedicated coder.
If coding's a problem why not ask the head honchos? You get nothing by not asking! I don't know if Tristan and Damien have the time/inclination, or would be willing to get involved in a fansite, but as long as the site's coding was static then the main job would be coding it initially. Any further coding could be sorted as and when.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

I don't think that Tristan or any other coders here would have the time, even just for the initial start.

But why not make it forum based? Make a free forum, have a thread where the mine is. No need to sign up if you want to use it. You just need a link to it, and if you want your creatures on there then post in the thread on Magistream... owo
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
DevilCrest
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Lounging in a tree at the Jungle of Raza surrounded by panthers.

Post by DevilCrest »

Piney wrote:I don't think that Tristan or any other coders here would have the time, even just for the initial start.

But why not make it forum based? Make a free forum, have a thread where the mine is. No need to sign up if you want to use it. You just need a link to it, and if you want your creatures on there then post in the thread on Magistream... owo
The problem with forum based mines is that there's too much stuff in the background - in other words, the forum is the extra bits that no one needs. I just need a couple simple HTML pages that people can just click and leave: barebones. Having to navigate through a forum is just too much work for some people - I'm one of them.

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
Personal SB Telvian Panther Army: 2,182
Image[/center]
Tinni
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tinni »

Piney wrote:I don't think that Tristan or any other coders here would have the time, even just for the initial start.

Because it would need a lot of volunteers on their toes all the time adding the egg and hatchling codes and removing teh adults.
ImageImage
Spoiler
To Hatch only, please

Code: Select all

[url=http://magistream.com/creature/7891261][img]http://magistream.com/img/7891261.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/7891482][img]http://magistream.com/img/7891482.gif[/img][/url]
My MD Threads
Spoiler
Image[/center]
Sssasha
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sssasha »

tinnidawg wrote:

Because it would need a lot of volunteers on their toes all the time adding the egg and hatchling codes and removing teh adults.
No one would be removing adults. Just a complete wipe once a week to keep adults out ^^ It means more work for those wanting their hatchlings to grow, but less work for those actually managing the site thing, which is what matter, right? :P If you want your creatures to grow you has to work for it!

Wish I had some input on actually putting a simple site together, unfortunately I cant think of anything. I'll see if my husband has any input on the matter...
~~~~~
Sssasha would like some hugs!
~~~~~
Event critter breeding
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

I see. Well is a free website a possibility? I know I had one waaaay back when. Didn't cost a thing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
DevilCrest
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Lounging in a tree at the Jungle of Raza surrounded by panthers.

Post by DevilCrest »

Piney wrote:I see. Well is a free website a possibility? I know I had one waaaay back when. Didn't cost a thing.
I can't imagine a free site host being able to offer the amount of bandwidth we'd potentially need...for free. :sadtard:

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
Personal SB Telvian Panther Army: 2,182
Image[/center]
Ktanaqui
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ktanaqui »

I think it would go over great, and it would be a lot of fun to use. I would definitely send in every creature that I gather, and I would also click every creature there, every day~ It would be a great idea because it would be much more organized than the current "Click Threads" and it would be easier for those of us, like myself, that wish to help raise critters, to do so.

ImageImage
Anira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Anira »

I would definitely love to have one. However, due to a lot of RL issues, my time would be limited. If I absolutely had to, I could get on every night, but I'm far too tired to bother.

As for coding, I know enough to be able to do/edit simple HTML and possibly some CSS. But I can't/am far too lazy to create an entire website/web page/whatever, even a simple one. I would be willing to weed out adults and frozens when I am online, though.

Return to “Community Discussion”