Not clicking

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Ruffian75
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Not clicking

Post by Ruffian75 »

It's simply good manners to:

1.) Separate out one's own creatures from those one is "sitting"/"ninjaing"; place ninja'd creatures/sittings in spoilers automatically no matter how many creatures there are;

2.) If there are more of one's own creatures than can be fitted into the signature (15 if no other links are there)? Place them in a spoiler without hesitation (codes for ninjas are a good idea if they are not also posted in one's signature);

3.) Don't place creatures in the click game/Hatchery post which appear in one's signature. No need to duplicate. Just direct users to the signature to click the creatures there;

4.) Consider NOT posting CREATURES from other sites in signatures and/or the DAN; link to one's Keep-equivalent instead. Posting non-MS creatures, IMHO, clutters up DAN posts and signatures even more than they are already. Any good pet game has provisions to "level-up" creatures connected with that site and/or associated with it. MS should not be a substitute for failure to use those site-specific resources properly.

One also needs to consider that MS should not act as advertising for other pet sites (or other sites at all). That's really what posting creatures from other sites does: Gives them free advertising that they may actually NOT want (sites may want to control where and how they are advertised). If one really wants to post other sites' creatures (or links, come to think of it)? Use one's Profile page and tell people to go there if they want to "level-up" offsite creatures;

5.) Try to NOT post more than once on the same page of any click game. Waiting is indeed good and checking before posting is even better. However, I will be pragmatic about this point: Errors do occur for whatever reason and people should not get upset if they do;

6.) Consider using the DAN as the first place to post (on MS). Most of the problems we see with click games would not exist IF the DAN were the only game in town; everyone gets only one post and it's easy to keep track of who got clicked when even if one does not check the click logs! It's the persistent "spamming" of the other click games--unfortunately necessary the way the game is set up if one is to get any benefit from posting in those games--that perhaps drives people crazier than anything else;

7.) Remember the Golden Rule. If one wants clicks, one must GIVE them. To anyone within a reasonable number of posts from one's own. DON'T click just one's friends' and/or MS staff's creatures, but broadcast your clicks far and wide to help out others, even people one does not know.

That's only fair.

P.S.: Why not check out MS' fan-owned click sites? Don't pass up the chance to get even more gold. :D
Spring Is Here! Image
*****************************************************************************************

To Hatchling: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

To Adult: Image
Daily Adoptable Nursery, Ruffian75.
katann
CreaturesTrade

Post by katann »

I click when ever i see a click critter to help that persons pet grow and I do not mind that there are other click critters in their sig. After all is it not what the games are about - getting your pets the clicks they need :lol:
sorakaji
CreaturesTrade

Post by sorakaji »

I'm less likely to click if the person says they will click back if they get clicks, instead of..clicking forward. XD

I'm also less likely to click donation pets. So the only way I click donation pets are if that's all the person has, and I try to click at least one of each person's (or in the click threads I click the number of creatures for each person as I am expecting clicks for, since I only post mine in the click threads if they are 80%).

I'm the most likely to click someone's if they either specify that it is over 80% or if they have a cool icon, or a neat quote in their sig. Once, someone quoted one of my favorite movies (the Court Jester) in their sig, so I immediately clicked all of their pets.

I also always click as many winged cats as possible. I don't know why, but I can't help clicking them. I also click koi hatchlings almost as much, because they're so cute.
shadowdeath
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by shadowdeath »

Me... Well, I'm lazy, I'm in school or asleep most or the time, and I'm elsewhere. -shrugs- Mostly just talking to friends, but... Yeah. xD I can only multitask so well.

But the biggest reason for my lack of clicking, really, is that school started again. That's probably the problem for a lot of the peeps here on MS that are in school, at least. -shrugs- I guess it just has a bigger impact than peeps realize.

And... Yeah. xD There's my lame reason. -nods-
shadowrose45
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by shadowrose45 »

I try to click when I'm up to it.

I hate eggs under spoilers--just a personal thing...I don't need to know WHOSE eggs I'm clicking--I just use multi-links and click.

Posting multiple times on a page annoys me too. At least wait til it flips to the new page.

The new add-on for firefox helps a lot--the windows don't actually STAY open which makes it a lot easier for me to click than it is when I have to close a zillion windows.

I use twitter a lot to hatch. I find that nothing seems to hatch in the click threads at all, so I rarely use them. Most of the sitters never seem to be around. I'd gladly pay them to sit eggs so I could breed my creatures (the whole reason I joined)

One of the reasons I rarely use my DC account is that DAYS it takes to hatch anything--and that's rapidly happening here as well.

I keep reminding myself it's a click and grow site :D I am not known for my patience.

But..it would be nice if the click threads only LET people post there once every five minutes and if they ONLY allowed egg codes. No "Please" or "X USer" -- just eggs to click :D
16/25 Thanks

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Deshera
CreaturesTrade

Post by Deshera »

I used to think there were not enough clickers out there, but after paying close attension I found that there were lots of clickers out there. It simply depends on how dillagent a click/poster you are. There are things that do effect the amount of clicks. Like where, when, and who is online.

The drops in clicking came when a few of the mass posters that don't click came on and started posting. By paying attension I found not only did they not click they drop the click ratio as well since it drove real clickers away and made it hard to find the post where people willing to click are. I admit when a page consists of 2-3 people posting in rapid sucession that will never click back at all. I admit I tend to stop clicking myself and wander off for a bit.

After really paying attension to these things I've started trying harder to up my clicking on other areas of the forum when I get frustrated and wander off for a few minuits. Even if they don't click back I feel better contributing where and when I can.
[b]Tree Status: 20/20[/b] Thank you for the gifts.
[u][b]High priority magistream:[/b][/u][url=http://magistream.com/creature/2946921][img]http://magistream.com/img/2946921.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/2947477][img]http://magistream.com/img/2947477.gif[/img][/url]
[u][b]Dragon Cave:[/b][/u] none
sorakaji
CreaturesTrade

Post by sorakaji »

I forgot. The number one reason I don't click someone's eggs and hatchlings is when they say "click everything in my sig please" like they expect you to click everything and aren't appreciative if you just click one or 2. Especially if their sig is loaded with pets.
Zzela
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zzela »

@Ruffian75

Your point 1 - I don't agree here, with a big exclamation mark! I would NEVER place someone else's eggs under a spoiler, THIS is what would be no good, at least in my books.
Even more than that, I always put my sitting in front, and only then place my codes. It's a way of showing respect to your customers, for they agree to pay you for being served well, which means their pets' growth is supposed to be top priority.

Your point 2 - What for? When people go to click threads, they are ready to face tons of codes. I do not ask them to click all of them if there are many, but just seeing them is no problem at all.

Your point 3 - I get what you mean here, but again, I don't see any harm in putting all eggs in one place, the post, instead of directing and redirecting.

Your point 4 - I don't understand why.. Rules allow that. Also, if you take my sig as an example, I do not even have a MS creature there. I remember there was a rule earlier, that you have to put at least one MS pet into your sig in order to put non-MS. What I did was putting one grown-up MS creature which made no sense. XD For some people, putting MS creatures into sig just for growing is pointless.

Your point 5 - Understandable, unless the click thread is very unactive (depends on the time).

Your point 6 - Oh my God, I've never even used the DNA and I've only visited it twice or something. To me, it's terrible. I think we should have choice. If someone prefers spam, let them spam, as long as they follow the rules, which allow click threads.

Your point 7 - I agree =)
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Ruffian75 wrote:It's simply good manners to:
Ruffian, I love you dearly, but this is a matter of YOUR opinion, and I'm a bit offended that you're pushing it off as we should all be doing it because you've decided it's 'good manners'.
That said, I do mostly agree with your points. =P
1.) Separate out one's own creatures from those one is "sitting"/"ninjaing"; place ninja'd creatures/sittings in spoilers automatically no matter how many creatures there are;
I only agree with this in the case of large (2 rows + of visible eggs/ hatchies) sitter posts, and I DON'T like seeing who the owner of each set of eggs is.

2.) If there are more of one's own creatures than can be fitted into the signature (15 if no other links are there)? Place them in a spoiler without hesitation (codes for ninjas are a good idea if they are not also posted in one's signature);
Eh....
3.) Don't place creatures in the click game/Hatchery post which appear in one's signature. No need to duplicate. Just direct users to the signature to click the creatures there;
I mostly agree with this, and I generally only show mine in my post if there's more than fit in my sig, which I just had happen last night with 3 imps, a sarvain, 8 dire pups and 4 tienko eggs! My personal eggs will also be included in the lump of Emerald Hatchery eggs when I'm sitting them.
4.) Consider NOT posting CREATURES from other sites in signatures and/or the DAN; link to one's Keep-equivalent instead. Posting non-MS creatures, IMHO, clutters up DAN posts and signatures even more than they are already. Any good pet game has provisions to "level-up" creatures connected with that site and/or associated with it. MS should not be a substitute for failure to use those site-specific resources properly.
One also needs to consider that MS should not act as advertising for other pet sites (or other sites at all). That's really what posting creatures from other sites does: Gives them free advertising that they may actually NOT want (sites may want to control where and how they are advertised). If one really wants to post other sites' creatures (or links, come to think of it)? Use one's Profile page and tell people to go there if they want to "level-up" offsite creatures;
I completely disagree with all parts of this one! If I hadn't seen a gryphon in a sig on DC, I never would have found this site. If we're not going to allow 'advertising' here, then why should other sites allow us to be advertised there? My Squibies and DC dragons pretty much grow ONLY based on clicks/ views received here. I refuse to go to another person's page on the other site to click (just like I don't click keeps here), so if their creatures are not posted individually, they're not going to get clicked by me. I don't care if they're in peoples' sigs, and I go to the DAN to click them there and I want mine clicked from the DAN. I have my Firefox set to block images from sites I don't play on, so they don't 'clutter' anything. The multilinks doesn't pick them up when I click the group.

5.) Try to NOT post more than once on the same page of any click game. Waiting is indeed good and checking before posting is even better. However, I will be pragmatic about this point: Errors do occur for whatever reason and people should not get upset if they do;
Yes, this is true. It's not doing you much good to post more than once per page in any the click threads but "above you", and even that one, it's RUDE to be the one in every other post, thus 'hogging' all the clicks from the folks who actually only click the person above them. I've been known to foe-list people who do that.

6.) Consider using the DAN as the first place to post (on MS). Most of the problems we see with click games would not exist IF the DAN were the only game in town; everyone gets only one post and it's easy to keep track of who got clicked when even if one does not check the click logs! It's the persistent "spamming" of the other click games--unfortunately necessary the way the game is set up if one is to get any benefit from posting in those games--that perhaps drives people crazier than anything else;
Meh... I use it as a gold mine, but I prefer the active clicks, and the higher chance of actually being clicked back via the others.

7.) Remember the Golden Rule. If one wants clicks, one must GIVE them. To anyone within a reasonable number of posts from one's own. DON'T click just one's friends' and/or MS staff's creatures, but broadcast your clicks far and wide to help out others, even people one does not know.

That's only fair.
Yes, this is true.

P.S.: Why not check out MS' fan-owned click sites? Don't pass up the chance to get even more gold. :D
Yay for the Emerald Hatchery! Lol.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
Thaliel
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Thaliel »

only reason I do not click would be a too big main site. I often do not have time to scroll through a huge mass of adults just to find the few hidden eggs and hatchlings. Or I do not even find anything to click, like people who own onnly adults and frozen. I would really appreciate one or the other person who has clicked me to organize their keep better, as I have set myself to click back anyone for any creature I can find, but If I cannot find any, I cannot click...makes sense doesn't it ^.^
Image <-click

Return to “Community Discussion”