Not clicking

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Re: Not clicking

Post by BluMajica »

wolfeyedangel wrote:I think part of the question is this: How do you determine, given the time lag in the 'recent clicks' list?

~Wolf
i give it at least a 1/2 hour for them to show - just in case.

but there are some serial non clickers in the threads. and they flood it...sigh.. anyway most people do, and I dont have too much of a problem with them, but I do have to check back every couple of hours when i am home to post and click some more.
Beetle by Cassowary

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

I was Mordeth - I am now not. I'm gone again - find me on VOU if it's urgent under Mordeth
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

Mordeth wrote:
wolfeyedangel wrote:I think part of the question is this: How do you determine, given the time lag in the 'recent clicks' list?

~Wolf
i give it at least a 1/2 hour for them to show - just in case.

but there are some serial non clickers in the threads. and they flood it...sigh.. anyway most people do, and I dont have too much of a problem with them, but I do have to check back every couple of hours when i am home to post and click some more.
That seems to be at least decently reasonable, though (for the record) my question was more for Nexta and those sharing her take than for you. You have demonstrated a grasp of pragmatic reality.

~Wolf
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ellysketchit
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ellysketchit »

wolfeyedangel wrote:
You have demonstrated a grasp of pragmatic reality.

~Wolf
Quote of the day.

*hugs Wolf*

;3

Also, Mystic, I wasn't aiming it at you, just using the word because you brought it up. People have been screaming about this for a very, very long time and many have been calling other "liars" when they don't realize there's a delay for names to show up. I'm not twisting anything. You said 'you can't stand liars', I intimated I can't stand those that don't understand the delay. If that's not you, then I'm not pointing fingers at you.

Right?

Everyone gets so fussy over things said. >_< I don't mean to single people out. If I did, I would actually quote them.

[eggs] IRL causing problems; sorry all

ellysketchit.deviantart

Egglock Help!
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[eggs]

No matter how bad it gets,
Zoro always has the ability
to make it all better.
[/center]
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

metalmad wrote:It's slowing the growth of creatures when there are no back-ups... like today... has not been any and I am starting to get pissed off about it. Wish people didn't whine about it because every time there is back up the click data is cleared and you can click again! So I dont get what's so bad about that. There are people who really never click and those who always click and you'd get more clicks from the always clickers if the back-ups were more frequent. Because they would be able to click several times a day.
This is not true. The back ups don't affect clicks. Your own internet may change the ISP # you are connected with. Tristan has it coded so that you can click every 12 hours. (he stated this more recently than the old info posted about 24 hours- unfortunately, I don't remember where, or I would quote it)
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
Cereus
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cereus »

I only hit up Magistream now and then. I rarely stay for very long so there's hardly any reason for me to click. Then there's the fact that I work/run errands all weekend long and find clicking boring overall. As for my creatures that I get- it's easier to spam them on other sites/Twitter than to hit up the click threads on Magistream itself.
Keep is Closed ATM. Nothing in my Keep is for sale- I'm all about trading.
My avatar runs on SmartAvatar

Yes I'm that cheap-I only donated for the extra PM space.

Online- Just hidden. :P

Delightful Drinks and Desserts

Image || Image
Tereghan
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tereghan »

Here's one I haven't seen brought up yet. People who have more than four eggs posted without a spoiler drive me nuts. They're either sitting without one which just lacks common courtesy (or if it's just one or two people, list who they are please.), or they have multiple accounts which is against the rules.
"Courage is the price which life exacts for granting peace..."
-Amelia Earhart
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BluMajica »

Tereghan wrote:Here's one I haven't seen brought up yet. People who have more than four eggs posted without a spoiler drive me nuts. They're either sitting without one which just lacks common courtesy (or if it's just one or two people, list who they are please.), or they have multiple accounts which is against the rules.
I'm sorry - but I do not see how having more than 4 eggs without a spoiler is a problem? yes I use a spoiler when there is a lot that I cart around, but if I have what I am sitting under a "Sitting" header and my own under "Mine" I do not see this as a problem...esp as I sit for Lyk whoa - phre3? run by 1anioh and I do not have more than 20 creatures all up.

I do not think it lacks any courtesy if I do not have them in a spoiler - though if it gets more than about 20 odd I do...I think it is a personal preference if you don't like sitters having creatures in or out of a spoiler is our decision and you can refuse to click those if you wish - but I do not see that as a problem for non clickers. Unless of course you are meaning that because someone is sitting then the people who they are sitting for do not click...
Beetle by Cassowary

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

I was Mordeth - I am now not. I'm gone again - find me on VOU if it's urgent under Mordeth
somehow
CreaturesTrade

Post by somehow »

Mordeth wrote:
Tereghan wrote:Here's one I haven't seen brought up yet. People who have more than four eggs posted without a spoiler drive me nuts. They're either sitting without one which just lacks common courtesy (or if it's just one or two people, list who they are please.), or they have multiple accounts which is against the rules.
I'm sorry - but I do not see how having more than 4 eggs without a spoiler is a problem? yes I use a spoiler when there is a lot that I cart around, but if I have what I am sitting under a "Sitting" header and my own under "Mine" I do not see this as a problem...esp as I sit for Lyk whoa - phre3? run by 1anioh and I do not have more than 20 creatures all up.

I do not think it lacks any courtesy if I do not have them in a spoiler - though if it gets more than about 20 odd I do...I think it is a personal preference if you don't like sitters having creatures in or out of a spoiler is our decision and you can refuse to click those if you wish - but I do not see that as a problem for non clickers. Unless of course you are meaning that because someone is sitting then the people who they are sitting for do not click...
I totally agree with you! :D 4 eggs is no problem at all. It is when exceed twenty eggs that a person should be using spoilers. I, myself, only put spoiler when I hit about 30 eggs. I wouldn't mind putting eggs in spoilers, but I notice there is great difference of clicks between eggs that are not in spoilers (mine) versus the ones that are. Now, I have to go back to click threads! Gotta hatch these eggs!
I will be leaving after Valentine event. Thanks for playing with me.
Tereghan
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tereghan »

Mordeth wrote: I'm sorry - but I do not see how having more than 4 eggs without a spoiler is a problem? yes I use a spoiler when there is a lot that I cart around, but if I have what I am sitting under a "Sitting" header and my own under "Mine" I do not see this as a problem...esp as I sit for Lyk whoa - phre3? run by 1anioh and I do not have more than 20 creatures all up.

I saying like they'll have 12 or more just all next to each other, no divisions, no headers, no titles, and almost a page worth of hatchlings. If people mention they're siting then it's cool, but just a mass of eggs and whatnot makes it look like I'm expected to click all of them and only get one account's worth of clicks back. I use snaplinks but I don't always like opening an entirely new window to click someone's post just because they're being lazy.

Most times I just click what's in their sig.
"Courage is the price which life exacts for granting peace..."
-Amelia Earhart
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Tereghan wrote: I saying like they'll have 12 or more just all next to each other, no divisions, no headers, no titles, and almost a page worth of hatchlings. If people mention they're siting then it's cool, but just a mass of eggs and whatnot makes it look like I'm expected to click all of them and only get one account's worth of clicks back. I use snaplinks but I don't always like opening an entirely new window to click someone's post just because they're being lazy.

Most times I just click what's in their sig.
I completely understand your feelings on this- clicking a lot of peoples' critters and only getting one click back from them- it used to bother me, but then I started needing the gold, so I bite it and enjoy the gold. When I sit the Emerald Hatchery codes, I state in my post that if you're inclined to only click mine, they are in my sig- and I keep them in a single row, not mixed with anything else. I even started putting a big break between my MS and DC when I occassionally have a DC egg or few to get grown. I do that specifically because of various reasons stated for not clicking.

The only time I would have an egg in there that isn't mine is if I'm either helping hatch/ grow something I bred for someone else, or if I'm hatching something that will be mine after trade.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”