Not clicking

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
ellysketchit
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Re: Not clicking

Post by ellysketchit »

DevilCrest wrote:
ellysketchit wrote:Another problem I mention very often is that people complain and say folks are "liars"...

Sometimes the clicks don't show up right away.

I click stuff and then randomly check back to see and half the time my name isn't listed.
The name under Recent Clicks doesn't register right away, but the progress bar should change immediately. Therefore, clicks DO show up/register right away...they're just not "logged" right away. ;)

Yes, technicalities. /shot
*shakes finger at*

You know what I meant. LOLOL

Everyone whimpers that the names don't show, and they threaten that "they check back"... but what happens when they don't realize the names don't show immediately? xD;

[eggs] IRL causing problems; sorry all

ellysketchit.deviantart

Egglock Help!
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[eggs]

No matter how bad it gets,
Zoro always has the ability
to make it all better.
[/center]
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

One thing I'd like to mention that I have observed (casually I haven't done any hard tests on this, but it appears to be consistent and I may devise such a test next time I hit the click threads.)

There is a practical level 'delay time' between a post and the results. People's clicker fingers aren't as fast as the keep page's refresh so some folk may wind up looking for results before much of anyone's had a chance to click, especially on the first few posts. There seems to be a build up over a couple of minutes than then dwindles over about the same. I know I discover I have clicked the page I intend to post on, and discovered that my post posts about 5 pages ahead of where I thought it was going to. This is especially true when I'm multi tasking, and could go a long way to explain that peak then dwindle of clicks. But I can gain clicks from the click threads for several minutes after leaving them.

Now to what I click and don't click. I click only Magistream creatures. I click all creatures I think I haven't clicked before (and the ones I'm not so sure about) on the page that is last before I make my post. Then I click anything that is on the page on which my post appears that I haven't already. I only rarely skip people, and that's usually only for a single session in the click threads (and generally because I keep getting re-directed to a site I don't intend to go to and can't figure out how to avoid it in their sig.)

~Wolf
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackmoonflower
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by blackmoonflower »

I would click more often if I wasn't having problems with my internet going out every five to ten minutes (is being a ninja and stealing other people's signals :smirk: ) And I'm having some trouble getting pages to even load at all, so trying to click slews of eggs on one specific post becomes a challenge. I try, though.

I do have trouble getting clicks. Or perhaps I'm just impatient. :wtf: But I try not to have more than one click post on a single page. I've seen people post like five times on one page, which seems a little ridiculous and unfair to everyone else who wants clicks. Just saying, not pointing fingers... T_T
TribalCat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TribalCat »

I post in the click threads, at the most just one post per page, and I always click the person ahead of me. Sometimes I click everyone ahead of me on that page, depending on what else I'm doing online. I also have a post in the Daily Adoptable Nursery and try to click 10 pages a day there (different 10 pages every day). I'm guessing that some of the people who post in there aren't returning the favor, but I'm not going to get upset about it. I use eggsitters to help me hatch eggs for my shop, and they do a great job.
"If people were Superior to Animals, they'd take better care of the world," said Pooh.

Shop: ImageImage

LTB/LTT Gold & Doni's for GB Crystalwings
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

I was click threading, and clicking in the DAN this evening and came across another reason why I might not click ALL of the creatures in a post. This affects only huge lists of creatures that isn't broken up with "enters". In the main three click threads, I will load images to make sure my post is clear of adults before I submit, but then I turn off the automatically load images. This is the easiest way I have figured out to know which links I've already clicked. Unfortunately, any posts with more than about 14 links in a row I can't see, and so sometimes those don't get clicked if I don't remember to load the page with images and re-click that section.
This also happens in the DAN, except I click the whole thing with images off. It makes for much faster loading and clicking of everything. In the DAN though, there's only a few posts of MS creatures (anything helping Master Belmos and a couple of sitters), the rest of stuff that doesn't always get completely clicked are usually squibies.
That reminds me... could those with posts in the DAN helping Master Belmos update them? I think Belmos's own post is full of frozen winged cats still!
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

only time i don't click is if
1. Too many creatures because it freezes my rubbish laptop clicking on them
2. I can't be bothered/ don't have time
3. If i've already clicked everything on the page
4. lag or the click topics moving to quickly

Usually i click everything on the page i post my eggs on but the majority of the time its the same users posting on the pages so its easy to click them all. Most of the time i don't because i'm too busy and its just a quick open tab, paste codes, post, change tab again.
metalmad
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by metalmad »

It's slowing the growth of creatures when there are no back-ups... like today... has not been any and I am starting to get pissed off about it. Wish people didn't whine about it because every time there is back up the click data is cleared and you can click again! So I dont get what's so bad about that. There are people who really never click and those who always click and you'd get more clicks from the always clickers if the back-ups were more frequent. Because they would be able to click several times a day.

Now onto the topic of myself... I click whole pages but lately it's just difficult to keep track on who I have not clicked back because again the data doesn't get cleared and I dont remember people by names. During the quiet times of day time in europe I usually have clicked pretty much everyone who bothers to post in the click threads. :p So there is usually no one left to click. When it gets busier though I only click the page I've posted on and couple of people who are nice and click back and big gold mines.

Besides when I see the blue line of a new link under an adoptable I feel like it's a personal insult and I must get rid of it. :evil:
ImageCome join us at the dog game of the century, Alacrity!
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

ellysketchit wrote:Another problem I mention very often is that people complain and say folks are "liars"...

Sometimes the clicks don't show up right away.

I click stuff and then randomly check back to see and half the time my name isn't listed.
If this was directed at my post (am the only one who used the word liar) - please don't twist what I said - I was not complaining and did NOT call anyone a liar - just said that when I post I have clicked I have indeed clicked.
HiddenMystic wrote:If I post I have clicked - I have - can't stand liars. And contrary to popular belief - not all that have clicked always show up as having clicked - I have had that problem occasionally ever since I joined.
I don't have a problem with clicks not showing up as a rule....but when I take specific creatures on test runs in the click threads once in a while and I notice a specific member has posted they have clicked them and they haven't shown up 3-4 days later on more than 1 creature on different days.....well that DOES irritate me more than just a little bit sometimes ya know? I am in the click threads ALOT every day (I stream catch and eggsit) and yes I know that affects the progress - no problem there. But it also means I also see the members that are in them alot too and makes me more likely to do a random check on some just to see if they are clicking as they are posting too. :wave: Am not some kid on a rampage about non-clickers - am old enough to be the parent or grandparent of (probably) 75% or more of the members on MS. :lol:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it IS a duck. :t-bucktooth: Am done posting on the subject now.....cya in the click threads lol.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Nixta
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nixta »

I only click the creatures of people that click my creatures. Take the time to click mine and I'll take the time to click yours. I only have so much tome to spend on the computer and cannot click every single poster's pets, so I post and come back later to return the favor.
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

I think part of the question is this: How do you determine, given the time lag in the 'recent clicks' list?

~Wolf
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr

Return to “Community Discussion”