Not clicking

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Not clicking

Post by vipor »

Greetings

For a while now we all realise that less people are clicking.
Now i think we all have a reason why you wouldn't want to click.

So i was wondering what reasons people have of not clicking.

Now i don't mean this to to turn into a flamewar.
I just know that some people might not be willing to click pets when they are put up in a certian way and i think by sharing those reasons we might be able to understand what we can do to avoid it.

Now my reason would be that i use snap links and i hate it when people put Magistream pets in their siggy with off-site pets woven trough.
Like magistream dragon cave magistream squiby and ectr

And i just stop clicking pets of users who put their click post up eight times on the same page.

O and if this turns into a flame war, i will use the quick mod tools to close this again.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Re: Not clicking

Post by Raneth »

I haven't had too much of a problem with my creatures not getting clicked. There are a few occasions where I'll put all my creatures in all three threads and get nothing, and that is frustrating. Most of the time, though, using all three threads gets me between 5 and 10%, regardless of how many I post at once. I think people with snaplinks like the large groups of creatures, whereas people without it like the single or few egg posts, so it balances out.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

I think the only times I don't get clicks in when I've spammed the threads a lot and everyone there has already clicked. At that point I usually try to restrain myself from posting until a new batch of people arrive.

I usually click the person above me at least. Most of the time the entire page. Only times I don't do that when I don't have time (just enough time to drop my eggs and go), when my internet's crap (like right now, college internet sucks), or when I don't have snaplinks installed on a computer. Or a mouse. XP
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

I don't have to worry about offiste pets at all. With the creative use of a Firefox add-on called AdBlock Plus, I've made every offsite clickable vanish (save for Dragon Cave, which I also- sporadically- play).

If one can't see them, they never get in the way, then, do they? :t-X3:

Problem solved.
Image Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Image

MegaTen
IGNs: JillYukimarimo, Ian`O`Rantan
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
IGNs: Dree-Elle, Keleth, Pyro Jack
Imposibibble
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Imposibibble »

You may not be able to see them, but the link is still there.
I use snaplinks (with Adblock) and sometimes I click a row of seemingly only MS creatures but then tabs of Dragonadopters, various digimon sites and other sites I've blocked still pop up. But I guess if you don't really know you're clicking them, I guess there's no harm. :t-shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

Imposibibble wrote:You may not be able to see them, but the link is still there.
I use snaplinks (with Adblock) and sometimes I click a row of seemingly only MS creatures but then tabs of Dragonadopters, various digimon sites and other sites I've blocked still pop up. But I guess if you don't really know you're clicking them, I guess there's no harm. :t-shrug:
Actually, with the way I do it, I just go to the root, let's say a made-up site (Poofledumplings). Instead of going into Preferences and blocking an individual picture (poofledumplings.net/varmints/pics/1234567890.gif), I just block everything coming from that server (poofledumplings.net/*).

I don't get pics, links, or anything else from the parent site. And if I do, there's no trace, no redirect, nothing to tell me I've stealth-clicked jack squat. Sometimes, it can be a PitA though, when people relink their pixels by uploading them to an anonymous hosting service like TinyPic, wherein one has to block every one individually (unless one wants to blam TinyPic altogether)...

Although maybe hardware has something to do with it, OS, etc. I don't know. All I do know is that it works like a dream for me, and if I knew how to post all of my laptop's relevant specs, I would in a jiffy.
Image Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Image

MegaTen
IGNs: JillYukimarimo, Ian`O`Rantan
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
IGNs: Dree-Elle, Keleth, Pyro Jack
Kriever
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kriever »

I find the clicking threads aren't as effective as before, but I still can get eggs hatched decently. (And other users', too.)

There are two kinds of users: Those who click above, but more often than not, those that click a whole page. You don't have to spam everytime; I myself try to post just once per page, and still can wander off to do offsite things with minimal trouble. We don't count those who just post without clicking... >.>

Piney's method works as well for posting, and waiting until a new batch of people come. Obviously it's usually more effective to use the click threads during daytime hours. (Or in this case, the majority of the users from the U.S) I visit the site in off-peak hours such as now, and still can get them hatched.

Edit // If you drag code-trains around (Which I've seen you do), Maybe you might want to add a small update on top whenever you add in a new code or a new user's creatures. At least those who use the clicky threads for goldmining can do so on the new ones.

DoomedDaphnia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DoomedDaphnia »

The only time that I don't click a person is if I've already clicked them on another page :tard: And when that happens, I try to click another person on the page instead. Other times I'll be able to click everyone on a page every time I post.

The only time I ever use Twitter is if I need something hatched super-fast, but usually the click threads work well for me :yarly:
Herbstblatt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Herbstblatt »

The few times I actually am in the Click Threads, I click everything except the aforementioned offsite pet - magistream - offsite pet (in any variation).
Just some things I find annoying: Abnormally large posts. Some have one pet at the upper corner, another at the opposite lower corner, like at least four spaces between each of them and the pets in the middle and a really large text font or with a even bigger picture in it. I have to scroll so much for that, and I really have a large display screen.
Another thing is an adult pet like the Naga or something as a "youngling caretaker" (or similar). It's not that annoying as the other one but I really don't need to click that pet, seeing as it's already grown. If I want to earn a lot of gold, I can use the Image Free Mines or mine some Keeps.

LTB Abeoth Frogs (1k) and Razan Orchids

Frogs drawn by Munin and Cassowary ♥
Kriever
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kriever »

Herbstblatt wrote:The few times I actually am in the Click Threads, I click everything except the aforementioned offsite pet - magistream - offsite pet (in any variation).
Just some things I find annoying: Abnormally large posts. Some have one pet at the upper corner, another at the opposite lower corner, like at least four spaces between each of them and the pets in the middle and a really large text font or with a even bigger picture in it. I have to scroll so much for that, and I really have a large display screen.
Another thing is an adult pet like the Naga or something as a "youngling caretaker" (or similar). It's not that annoying as the other one but I really don't need to click that pet, seeing as it's already grown. If I want to earn a lot of gold, I can use the Image Free Mines or mine some Keeps.
I dunno about that, 'Keep Guardians' or things like that, 'Hatchling Sitters', and other titles... They seem to be all the hype. :t-shrug: You still get 1 gold if you click on them though... But like you, I don't see much of a point. Aside from aesthetics, of course.

A huge amount of smiley/word spam is also one of my peeves, but you can't have everything in the world.

E.g " -Creatures here- CLICKLIclickclickClickClick -insert 5 random smileys- "
Last edited by Kriever on October 26th, 2010, 1:15:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Community Discussion”