Gold Devaluation?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Pink
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Gold Devaluation?

Post by Pink »

GrowlingCupcake wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:That`s not exactly what I meant. (I fail at making a point >>) We could improve the site by lowering the prices, which might not exactly be what they were about a year ago, but they could possibly be better then they are now.
I hope I explained myself okay. <<
Improve the site? For whom? People who BAWWW over prices? Why should they take precedence?

:facepalm:
No. For everyone. So you don`t want cheap prices? That`s fine. You don`t have to buy them at that.
GrowlingCupcake wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:I know that when I joined, there wasn`t a problem. Donation pets we being sold at the most 10k a pop.
Why can`t we just go back to that?
*points at RL economy* You want 10k a pop? Make donation pets worth less USD.

The economy is not broken. The economy is not in need of fixing. It's people who whine and want everything handed to them on a silver platter that are the issue. Lets get rid of them!
I`m just being reasonable. No, I do not want donis to be 5g like some other people do. Just cheaper than they are now. Think of the the newbies who CAN`T donate and are seriously broke. It can take them up to a month to get that kind of gold. 200k for a $5 pet, in my opinion, isn`t fair.
@Kynali + shadowrose45: That would mkae gold-mining much easier, thus raising the price of donation pets.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DevilCrest
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Lounging in a tree at the Jungle of Raza surrounded by panthers.

Post by DevilCrest »

shadowrose45 wrote:
Kynali wrote:i had an idea...it might not be good or whatever....

But instead of everything being worth 1 gold a click....

Lets have adults be worth 2 gold
Hatchlings be worth 3
And eggs be worth 5

to match the prices of the DP's and to make it worth it to visit click threads. And it would make it easier to get more gold...

If it is stupid then ignore me....

Tried to quote into my post, didn't work.

I think this is a good idea!
There are people saying there is too much gold being generated, thus attributing to the high price of the DPs. Again, I ask, other than generating even more gold for the site, how would this positively impact even a majority of the site?

Would the higher value of gold for growing creatures clicked be an incentive to click on them as opposed to adults? What's 'wrong' with the system as it is right now with 1g per creature (non-frozen) clicked?

Wolf's ratio thing applies here too: The more gold generated, the currently high prices of DPs will only go higher to 'correct' the ratio of gold generated. For those who want to decrease the amount of gold generated, this is going to give them more of a reason to BAWWWW.

I don't see a way to drive DP prices down by changing other factors (aka the way gold is generated) since it all depends on the sellers. The only way I see DP prices going down is if either..

1) a large number of sellers can and are willing to sell low -- this has already been stated
or
2) lower the amount of shards required to purchase donation creatures and HOPE TO HIGH H-- that the price in gold will decrease -- this has already been stated and is virtually USELESS. SORREH. >_>;;
or
3) EXTREME CASE: do away with donation creatures altogether so that there's no need to argue over this anymore while still having donations in place; and if no donations go through to have the site shut down
or
4) LESS EXTREME CASE: have donation creatures, but they won't be tradeable and are only available (in an absolute case) to donators...so that this argument about a) having to generate gold to purchase high-priced DPs and b) there's too much gold generated because of the high priced DPs and c) the 'I CAN'T EARN GOLD. GIVE ME GOLD FOR FREE. KTHNXBAI.' argument (in an extreme sense, not targeting anyone) is hopefully, but highly unlikely killed (But truth be told, this will drive donations down and might lead to site shutting down..albeit slower than option 3.)

THE BOTTOM LINE
Unless there is something (a change) that the staff feels (and unanimously agrees to) will positively impact a majority of the site, we will consider, but not implement it. A Bloo (admin): please help me either verify or refute this Bottom Line. :P

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
Personal SB Telvian Panther Army: 2,182
Image[/center]
MadHattery
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by MadHattery »

DevilCrest wrote: 4) LESS EXTREME CASE: have donation creatures, but they won't be tradeable and are only available (in an absolute case) to donators...so that this argument about a) having to generate gold to purchase high-priced DPs and b) there's too much gold generated because of the high priced DPs and c) the 'I CAN'T EARN GOLD. GIVE ME GOLD FOR FREE. KTHNXBAI.' argument (in an extreme sense, not targeting anyone)
If this did get.. put in, I'd have to vote for an option to gift someone the donation creature [egg] and/or the shards for it :orly: I know people love to get doni creatures and gift them out.
...! ⌠Look who's back, back again⌡
Codes to go[5/11]
Spoiler
[/code]
!...
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

DevilCrest wrote:
THE BOTTOM LINE
Unless there is something (a change) that the staff feels (and unanimously agrees to) will positively impact a majority of the site, we will consider, but not implement it. A Bloo (admin): please help me either verify or refute this Bottom Line. :P
That's only true if by "the staff" you mean "Tristan;" at least in changes like this.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.
DevilCrest
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: Lounging in a tree at the Jungle of Raza surrounded by panthers.

Post by DevilCrest »

Morgaln wrote:
DevilCrest wrote:
THE BOTTOM LINE
That's only true if by "the staff" you mean "Tristan;" at least in changes like this.
It was super sekkritly implied, yes. :P

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
Personal SB Telvian Panther Army: 2,182
Image[/center]
kavala
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by kavala »

DevilCrest wrote: Would the higher value of gold for growing creatures clicked be an incentive to click on them as opposed to adults?
I hope so. Now, creatures hatch more slowly than ever. Even older cratures. Very few people visit click threads. They just gold mine instead. The whole game changed a bit because of that. I think not for better.
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

kavala wrote:Now, creatures hatch more slowly than ever. Even older cratures. Very few people visit click threads. They just gold mine instead. The whole game changed a bit because of that. I think not for better.
I agree with this, however- we cannot put the genie beck in the bottle, now that it's been unstoppered. I think it's now more of a question of "how do we deal with this" as opposed to 'how do we change this", because it's not going away anytime soon, this much has already been made emphatically clear.

I vehemently oppose the putting of even more gold into the system- see what's happened with the image-free mines? This would only exacerbate the problem even more.
Image Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Image

MegaTen
IGNs: JillYukimarimo, Ian`O`Rantan
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
IGNs: Dree-Elle, Keleth, Pyro Jack
shadowrose45
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by shadowrose45 »

kavala wrote:
DevilCrest wrote: Would the higher value of gold for growing creatures clicked be an incentive to click on them as opposed to adults?
I hope so. Now, creatures hatch more slowly than ever. Even older cratures. Very few people visit click threads. They just gold mine instead. The whole game changed a bit because of that. I think not for better.

I 100% agree with this statement.

It just takes too damn long to hatch--and at least for me--takes the fun away from growing and breeding my own babies.

When I first started-we could hatch about anything in a few hours. Now it's taking days on some things unless you spam the click threads for hours non-stop. I'd love to make my own families of creatures--but just hate seeing the same 4 eggs for days on end.

As for the donation issue---Even though I can donate and get the ones I want--I'd hate to see it where we couldn't sell them to those that can't. Not because of the gold--but for the kids that just can't get them any other way.

If shards were less expensive--what would Tristan's incentive be to even keep the site? I'm sure he likes that money coming in! Donations keep this place going financially, I think. i know I usually donate more than $100 per month--and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that does.
16/25 Thanks

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
GrowlingCupcake
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by GrowlingCupcake »

Nevaeh wrote:
GrowlingCupcake wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:That`s not exactly what I meant. (I fail at making a point >>) We could improve the site by lowering the prices, which might not exactly be what they were about a year ago, but they could possibly be better then they are now.
I hope I explained myself okay. <<
Improve the site? For whom? People who BAWWW over prices? Why should they take precedence?

:facepalm:
No. For everyone. So you don`t want cheap prices? That`s fine. You don`t have to buy them at that.
GrowlingCupcake wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:I know that when I joined, there wasn`t a problem. Donation pets we being sold at the most 10k a pop.
Why can`t we just go back to that?
*points at RL economy* You want 10k a pop? Make donation pets worth less USD.

The economy is not broken. The economy is not in need of fixing. It's people who whine and want everything handed to them on a silver platter that are the issue. Lets get rid of them!
I`m just being reasonable. No, I do not want donis to be 5g like some other people do. Just cheaper than they are now. Think of the the newbies who CAN`T donate and are seriously broke. It can take them up to a month to get that kind of gold. 200k for a $5 pet, in my opinion, isn`t fair.
@Kynali + shadowrose45: That would mkae gold-mining much easier, thus raising the price of donation pets.
Except not everyone has an issue with the prices. You do. People who complain do. I don't, at the prices I buy or at the prices I sell and yes, I do spend gold buying current DPs for myself.

I don't consider this being reasonable. It takes work in RL for me to make money to spend here. And I seriously don't give a shit if a newbie is crying over being unable to afford DPs. Get over it and get the creatures that exist at cheap prices or for free and work for something.

I don't think 10k per shard is fair. I put in way more work to get that money than what I would value 10k.

I do not support the idea of handing things to people on a little platter. At least some effort should go into it.

Donation pets are NOT vital to the game. If they are a goal in a player's game, then let the player work for it or find an attainable goal.
shadowrose45 wrote:
kavala wrote:

I 100% agree with this statement.

It just takes too damn long to hatch--and at least for me--takes the fun away from growing and breeding my own babies.

When I first started-we could hatch about anything in a few hours. Now it's taking days on some things unless you spam the click threads for hours non-stop. I'd love to make my own families of creatures--but just hate seeing the same 4 eggs for days on end.

As for the donation issue---Even though I can donate and get the ones I want--I'd hate to see it where we couldn't sell them to those that can't. Not because of the gold--but for the kids that just can't get them any other way.

If shards were less expensive--what would Tristan's incentive be to even keep the site? I'm sure he likes that money coming in! Donations keep this place going financially, I think. i know I usually donate more than $100 per month--and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that does.
Twitter has made the number of people in click threads fall. Not mining. If there is no twitter, we're back to click threads being the only way to raise creatures.

I've averaged about 100USD per month from the beginning of this year (when I started donating) to now.
Working on getting back into things after a forced hiatus.
LTS: Shards at 50k each.
WolfSpeaker
CreaturesTrade

Post by WolfSpeaker »

I am pretty new here, and I don't gold mine or anything, and EVERYTHING is to expensive, exept for freebies of course. I mean, people are selling stream creatures for 500 gold! That may be affordable for me, having a few k, but if they are that much, then what are people pricing for shop born?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://dragcave.net/user/dumbodudeno2

Return to “Community Discussion”