Gold Devaluation?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Pink
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Gold Devaluation?

Post by Pink »

My point is that if people want the insane prices to stop, they`re going to have to do something. They just can`t sit around for everything to happen. And right now only a few people are actually trying to stop this. But if that`s what I must do, then yes, I will try.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kynali
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Kynali »

Umalia wrote:I doubt wolfeyedangel meant that everyone makes 10k gold a day. I think she was just using it as an example. But really, making 10k in a day is pretty easy with mining. And I know that it was mentioned before, but everyone can mine. Even those with outdated technology can do it, if not as efficiently. I think most people make such low averages either because of not mining (because it's boring, hard with old tech, ect.), they don't have/take the time to play much, or they're just lazy.

I make less than 5k a day (excluding days I sell creatures, which are rarely expensive ones). Yet I have just over 370k, which is a fair amount. However, if I mined, I'd probably would be pretty rich as I spend quite a few hours a day on here. But I don't mine because Firefox likes to crash. Now, if I was really determined to make gold for whatever reason, I could put up with it. Otherwise, I'm just too impatient and lazy to mine. In the end, I think that's what it comes down to for most people.
Everyone can mine but not everyone has the time too. I have school 7 hours a day and a life on the weekends. If i could sit in front of my laptop and click all day i could get maybe 500 gold before Firefox ups and crashes due to to many tabs. I hand click. No snap links not image free. Hand click. No idea how to use snap links and image free kinda bugs me because i want to help grow creatures not just click a thousand adults. In a day i could pull in oh...3k plus gold gotten from posting.

The average person on here might not be as lucky as to spend a day on here and click. I know people who can barely get on for 20 minutes before they are dragged away.

What we need is to start looking towards the people who are selling high and those with tons and tons of gold. I saw a LTB thread for a Thylacine and a LTS thread for a Thylacine. The LTB was for 100k the LTS was for 80K. That seller then posted into the persons LTB thread accepting 100k for their precious DP. I am not going to name names but unless we can start hitting those sellers and buyers with the wake up stick nothing will change. Whining will increase and more threads like this will rise and fall. People say don't buy, but for some people that's nearly impossible.

Greed is a sick sick thing, and it has the MD by the jugular.
My Tumblr♥ I'm backkkkkkk~ Image
DoctorOctopus
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by DoctorOctopus »

DevilCrest wrote:
Ktanaqui wrote:My suggestion is this: Add a feature to the site that will allow you to open several tabs at once, and as the creatures are clicked, they close themselves back up. To balance out the newbies & oldies using it, make it so that only people that have been there for below a certain number of months can use it - this will help the newbies with gold mining. And if, for the heck of it, somebody feels that oldies should be able to use it too, then set aside like one day out of the week where the oldies can use it too.
The issue with this suggestion is that what's being suggested is not a site-based implementation. It's browser-based since it's the tabs that load. In short: the site cannot be programmed (as far as I know) to limit the auto-close tab feature since it has to deal with every individual's browser - something that the site cannot manipulate.

By the way, there is a userscript that will work natively in Chrome that was written by one of our members: http://userscripts.org./scripts/show/83367 It closes all magistream creature tabs automatically - just what you're looking for, right? Sans the limitations you suggested. ;)

Actually, I'm pretty sure that a site can manipulate tab closing- just as an example, GPX Plus has precisely that feature. It closes tabs after you've intereracted with the Pokemon and if you can't interact with that Pokemon. Admittedly I have no idea how it works coding-wise, but it does!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks for the gifts!
If you're gonna shorten my name, it's Doc Ock. Not DocOc.
I will buy any and all Albino Dire Wolves- any gender, stage, bred, inbred, named, whatever. Offering 2k per regular, 3k per purebred.

Image Puck is my Keep Guardian
randomname
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by randomname »

Wolf--I personally think that the gap between those with a lot and those with a little would be much smaller if gold mining adults was gone because of the speed and efficiency involved, and I think the price adjustment would be much shorter and less traumatic than what you envision. But the only way to test both our theories is to do it, and I don't see that happening, nor do I really want it to happen.
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DevilCrest
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Lounging in a tree at the Jungle of Raza surrounded by panthers.

Post by DevilCrest »

DoctorOctopus wrote:
DevilCrest wrote:
Ktanaqui wrote:My suggestion is this: Add a feature to the site that will allow you to open several tabs at once, and as the creatures are clicked, they close themselves back up. To balance out the newbies & oldies using it, make it so that only people that have been there for below a certain number of months can use it - this will help the newbies with gold mining. And if, for the heck of it, somebody feels that oldies should be able to use it too, then set aside like one day out of the week where the oldies can use it too.
The issue with this suggestion is that what's being suggested is not a site-based implementation. It's browser-based since it's the tabs that load. In short: the site cannot be programmed (as far as I know) to limit the auto-close tab feature since it has to deal with every individual's browser - something that the site cannot manipulate.

By the way, there is a userscript that will work natively in Chrome that was written by one of our members: http://userscripts.org./scripts/show/83367 It closes all magistream creature tabs automatically - just what you're looking for, right? Sans the limitations you suggested. ;)

Actually, I'm pretty sure that a site can manipulate tab closing- just as an example, GPX Plus has precisely that feature. It closes tabs after you've intereracted with the Pokemon and if you can't interact with that Pokemon. Admittedly I have no idea how it works coding-wise, but it does!
Hrm...but my next question would be whether or not it'd be worth it for Tristan to code such a thing. :P

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
Personal SB Telvian Panther Army: 2,182
Image[/center]
Kynali
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Kynali »

DevilCrest wrote:
DoctorOctopus wrote:
Hrm...but my next question would be whether or not it'd be worth it for Tristan to code such a thing. :P
But i rely on crashing Firefox so i know when to stop for the day....or else i'd kill my hand with manual clicking

I'd like it if adults didn't give gold. Gold should be a reward for helping grow and hatch not for stalking and clicking gold mines and image free~ but thats my 2 cents~
GrowlingCupcake
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by GrowlingCupcake »

Nevaeh wrote:That`s not exactly what I meant. (I fail at making a point >>) We could improve the site by lowering the prices, which might not exactly be what they were about a year ago, but they could possibly be better then they are now.
I hope I explained myself okay. <<
Improve the site? For whom? People who BAWWW over prices? Why should they take precedence?
Nevaeh wrote:I know that when I joined, there wasn`t a problem. Donation pets we being sold at the most 10k a pop.
Why can`t we just go back to that?
*points at RL economy* You want 10k a pop? Make donation pets worth less USD.

The economy is not broken. The economy is not in need of fixing. It's people who whine and want everything handed to them on a silver platter that are the issue. Lets get rid of them!
Working on getting back into things after a forced hiatus.
LTS: Shards at 50k each.
Kynali
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kynali »

i had an idea...it might not be good or whatever....

But instead of everything being worth 1 gold a click....

Lets have adults be worth 2 gold
Hatchlings be worth 3
And eggs be worth 5

to match the prices of the DP's and to make it worth it to visit click threads. And it would make it easier to get more gold...

If it is stupid then ignore me....
shadowrose45
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by shadowrose45 »

wolfeyedangel wrote:Neveah: Thing is you're going to have to persuade either a majority of the site to boycott anything above X price. Or you're going to have to find an individual or group of individuals who can and WILL flood the market which will bring the price down.

~Wolf

And the Coalition for Fair Prices tried to do just that...lowered the prices of donation pets for a while---does anyone remember what happened?

people stopped donating.

If I can't make a decent amount on the donation pets (current ones) that I sell--I might as well buy 'em, keep 'em for five or six months and THEN sell them. Which, by the way, is exactly what many hoarders are doing. Which, of course, raises the prices of the older ones...which means that those of us that want the older ones--must sell the NEW ones high enough to earn enough to pay 2.5m for something.

Anyone from last year remember when a lot of people sold donation pets inexpensively? I used to sell them very cheap. But, I got tired of seeing my real money turned around and resold for up to 20 times what I'd charged. I buy donation pets only for a very select few anymore.
16/25 Thanks

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
shadowrose45
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by shadowrose45 »

Kynali wrote:i had an idea...it might not be good or whatever....

But instead of everything being worth 1 gold a click....

Lets have adults be worth 2 gold
Hatchlings be worth 3
And eggs be worth 5

to match the prices of the DP's and to make it worth it to visit click threads. And it would make it easier to get more gold...

If it is stupid then ignore me....

Tried to quote into my post, didn't work.

I think this is a good idea!
16/25 Thanks

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”