Creature Aging Bonus

Learn about the latest updates here.
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creature Aging Bonus

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Zunami wrote:
kiyo wrote:I think this will have the reverse effect.

We are having frequent crashes with the existing community, is adding more people really going to help?

Also having this this way may cause even more frustration for some users and cause them to leave the site. I have seen more and more people leave over the past months. For different reasons, but the point is we are LOSING people.

I think if any work is to be done it should be done to try and stabilize the servers and have other things that convince people to stay. Once we have a stable community then we should begin expanding and make sure the servers can handle the increase.

I myself have been a member for a little over a year, so I have seen the changes Magi Stream has under gone thus far.

Make things stable before you expand, in my opinion that will be better for all of us.
I agree kiyo.

And as Tinni has already said not many sites allow offsite clickables. I'm not part of a lot of other pet sites. But only one of the other sites I frequent allow offsites. Your not allowed to post offsites in your siggie. You can post them only in a thread much like the DAN we have.

The new feature is a test. Let's see what happens, but I'm sorry I'm not very optimistic about this
Any kind of boost is fine by me. Even if its limited.

i don't think it will bring too many people in though.
bebbies:

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3
I'm 800 drinks in :well:

xXAzerinXx
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by xXAzerinXx »

TalisRaye wrote:Hm. Interesting idea.

However, and please don't get mad at me, considering all of the glitches, including the fact we are, at this moment, unable to grow/earn gold for clicking, is attempting to add more people and therefore more creatures, a good idea?

I would think more users and more creatures would add strain to the server as it is. The forums might be working now, but the creatures aren't, and with all the users we have and all the pets they have and all the breeding that's going on and all the creatures Master Belmos has and all the creatures Anonymous has... isn't attempting to create even more going to overwhelm it?

I'm not knowledgeable in computers. For all I know, the full capacity of possible creatures is a constant thing, merely waiting to be selected and used, like that warehouse in the real world being stocked full and merely waiting people to sign up and pull wares from the shelves.

Just asking. It's not my site, I'm just curious and therefore questioning where I probably shouldn't.
Creature clicks/earning gold hasn't been working...? Since when..? I don't want some of the work I've been doing to earn gold and grow things to have been in vain. :/ I was wondering if something was up, though. A few moments ago, I gave the links of some of my eggs to my fiance so he could click them and give them a boost. But nothing changed, even though he was sure he hadn't clicked them. He didn't gain gold, either. I don't know if this is just a current glitch or something.. :/ I hope if gets fixed soon... I don't goldmine like I used to--I would like to spend some off my life outside of this site--but I still do try to at least click all the creature that I see in the click threads to get gold boosts so that I can buy things that he and I would like or are missing from our Keeps. Again, I just don't want to be wasting my time and doing things in vain! D: I'll go try out the click threads now to see if it is or how much it is happening, but >_<;;....

Also, a very Happy Birthday to you, GlassWalker! ^^/

EDIT: Hmm... I see a few mentions of off-site hatcheries and focusing mostly on making the site stable.... I can agree to the site-stability part, since I get really frustrated when I'm trying so hard to do things and things just will not work. Things aren't loading fully as is.... While this feature may prove itself nice--this can't be a guarantee or know thing just yet--meh..... Idk. I'd rather have the site up and running so that I can be here and post things here to have them grow. But that's partly just my opinion. Another thing that I wouldn't like that kind of also stems from this feature... is it seems to me it would give some members a somewhat "unfair" advantage, while others have to struggle posting only on this site to get things to grow. I worry with that as well... If someone can just use Twitter, Facebook, etc... why would they really need to be in the forums and click threads if their main or only goal in being there is just to get things to grow? That, in turn, would make it even harder for members who aren't part of other forums or social sites to grow things. Less people around --> less clicking/clicks --> much longer to grow creatures... (or at least... for those who don't have other places to get clicks for growing their creatures.) This is really bad when some of the newer creatures require very many clicks.... which, more often that not, I have to get over the course of a day or two because there aren't enough members or different members on to click and grow them. :/ It really slows down progress and getting things done, when at least hatching use to be... perhaps long/time-consuming, but not frustrating nor posting seemingly a waste of time and effort. Furthermore, I do NOT agree to off-site hatcheries. That would, I think, be the worst of all in a way. It promotes very little activity in the click threads and forums, and it really takes the fun out of growing things. I actually LIKE the need to be an active part of the community to get things done. There is already an egg-sitting sub-forum with many services available... I think that is enough, really. Though, I could be wrong. :/
I do understand wanting to expand the site and so allowing for twittering, posting on Facebook, and other forums,... I understand that a lot, and I wouldn't mind newer members... especially when, as I mentioned, now-a-days there never seems to be enough people on to grow things, or at least not a diverse crowd from the "regulars"... But.... I'm just not sure. I'm even moreso unsure when, as others have said, I would like the site to be stable enough to support not only all that were already have here but also the increased traffic, etc. first. I don't want people leaving or quitting because the site just won't work smoothly...
Away. );

Miss it here.
Thank you for everything.
</3

secret, much-needed vents:
Spoiler
how can I be true to you, when you're not true to me...

edit, 10/16:
I don't understand people who lie just to ****ing lie.

GPX+: Image
VDex: Image | Image
Layna
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Layna »

Same worry here about the stability, though I DO have some hope that we're just sufferign from things happing close to each other that could just as well have happened half a year apart ;).
Willing to go with the attempt wholeheartedly, and hoping the god-glitch will be resolved soon.

Layna
pixiequeen
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by pixiequeen »

Like some of the previous comments, I don't have any other sites to go to that allow posting. I don't use the other forums because there's usually no one there (I only visit Dragoncave or Dragonadopt). I don't even use the Emerald Hatchery very often (don't have time to post, take care of the kids and work, etc.) Usually I use twitter whenever I have a new egg to give it a boost, but that's about it.

I do hope we get others join since I think the art work is great. Maybe we'll even end up getting more artists (always a good thing) too. More artists = more creatures = a good thing! :D :wave: <3
Hugs, <3 Pixiequeen

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

pixiequeen wrote:Like some of the previous comments, I don't have any other sites to go to that allow posting. I don't use the other forums because there's usually no one there (I only visit Dragoncave or Dragonadopt). I don't even use the Emerald Hatchery very often (don't have time to post, take care of the kids and work, etc.) Usually I use twitter whenever I have a new egg to give it a boost, but that's about it.

I do hope we get others join since I think the art work is great. Maybe we'll even end up getting more artists (always a good thing) too. More artists = more creatures = a good thing! :D :wave: <3

But also, more Artist: More Money Tristan pays for sprite sets.

I think Artists get paid $50 per set.
bebbies:

Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

Interesting rumor, but I have to wonder what you're basing it on. *curious*

~Wolf
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
trystan830
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

since i started here, i've posted my MagiCritters on at least 5 LJ communities nightly, along with my other clicky-critters - i wonder if i'll see any changes in my Pegasus come tomorrow.

i think this is a pretty cool idea, actually.
ImageImageImageImage
Free Critters! message me with which ones you want
~*~*~
She changes everything She touches, and everything She touches, changes ~ Starhawk
Image Image
reading: the Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk (#26) | watching: Severance
she/her | discord: trystan830
IFN | dragoncave | trisphee | ravelry | goodreads
Madd
Queen of Mean
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Madd »

I hear people saying that we should have waited for stability before trying to expand. The truth is, we did wait for stability, we just didn't wait very long after it. For the past couple months I've been wrestling with various configuration settings and program combinations, and yesterday I found the perfect setup. Several hours later, I looked into expansion.

Any new feature has the possibility of having bugs, but that doesn't mean that the server is unstable. That just means that Tristan forgot a letter or two and will fix it soon. When the server goes super slow for more than 15 minutes that means its unstable.
I don't work here anymore but I do still have this egg

TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Tristan wrote:I hear people saying that we should have waited for stability before trying to expand. The truth is, we did wait for stability, we just didn't wait very long after it. For the past couple months I've been wrestling with various configuration settings and program combinations, and yesterday I found the perfect setup. Several hours later, I looked into expansion.

Any new feature has the possibility of having bugs, but that doesn't mean that the server is unstable. That just means that Tristan forgot a letter or two and will fix it soon. When the server goes super slow for more than 15 minutes that means its unstable.
Usually no longer that 5 minutes.

Also, love what you did with the stream!
bebbies:

Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Soleil
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

Curiosity makes me wonder, this bonus applies to ALL off-site postings? including Twitter and Facebook?

Return to “Site News”