Lineages

Learn about the latest updates here.
ellysketchit
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Re: Lineages

Post by ellysketchit »

I wonder. I bred John with an ocean, then dumped the gal because... well, I didn't want him mating in a "family". Of course it shows him with her, but she's gone now completely ~ does this mean he'll never breed with anyone else?

(Not that I'd be crushed if he couldn't, but wondering).

OMG JOHN'S A WIDOWER.

[eggs] IRL causing problems; sorry all

ellysketchit.deviantart

Egglock Help!
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[eggs]

No matter how bad it gets,
Zoro always has the ability
to make it all better.
[/center]
Zunami
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zunami »

This is SO great :hooray:
Thank you for doing this Tristan.

I really really like how you can see all the offspring in the Darksea family.

I wonder is it possible for other members to become part of a family?
FI I gift/sell etc etc a creature to another member, when he/she breeds her creature does the offspring then automatically become part of the family (if I have created one), or can a crea only be part of one family?

Is it possible to add already bred creas to a family? Like bred out Coals etc? probably not stupid zunami

If some kind of lineage/family thread is created I'd love to be part of it.
~ ImageImageImageImage ~

Entangled in IRL. Limited online time
dioma
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by dioma »

Thanks!

I'll be waiting for the name changing feature now <3
xXAzerinXx
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by xXAzerinXx »

Gah, I'm thinking of too many things! But I'd like them all to be addressed and settled early on.
For large lineage projects like I mentioned, perhaps there can be an option that, with permission/confirmation from the original creator, allows you to "join the family." With that, the very original creator will be the one listed as starting the entire thing, and it can just list who is also a part of it. The issue with that, though, would become how to properly list all of the offspring according to the proper progenitors. :/ I have too many ideas running through my head... I'm not trying to be troublesome. D: Hopefully I can get all these thoughts properly sorted and either resolved on my own (like for example, not just presenting an idea or issue, but also having a possible solution) or at least be able to present them in the best words/way possible.

Aside from that, with seeing some posts, it seems as though the details outside of the name would be added after, then? (
ellysketchit wrote:However, I'll add my concerns about the 'family crest' thing. Didn't see it, so hopefully there's an option to add that later. *edit: Hurrrrr. Never mind, I found it. ;3 Click on the name of the family itself. Too easy for me, and I got too exited I guess. LOL
)
I also see from her that a lineage can start with a creature that isn't stream-born/parentless... and they will still be shown as the start of the lineage.

Ohh... and that question. If you breed together two creatures who have different family names.... what happens...? ._.;

<_<;; For simplicity's sake, I might end up adding all my questions together in one post... >.-
Away. );

Miss it here.
Thank you for everything.
</3

secret, much-needed vents:
Spoiler
how can I be true to you, when you're not true to me...

edit, 10/16:
I don't understand people who lie just to ****ing lie.

GPX+: Image
VDex: Image | Image
ellysketchit
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ellysketchit »

We'll see after three days what happens to John, anyway. Since Jenn was tossed into the abyss. If he can breed with anything else it means at the very least that they are able to.

ellysketchit.deviantart

Egglock Help!
Spoiler

[eggs]

to make it all better.
[/center]
Kisaia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kisaia »

Wtf, after the lineage feature was implemented my darksea showed up as 3rd gen on the list. :t-O_O: I checked yesterday and he was 5th gen. I checked again today he turned into a 4th gen O.o Did Tristan break something during implementing the lineages?

Edit: Yup, he's now a fourth gen O.o

ImageImageImage
chui
CreaturesTrade

Post by chui »

Thank you so much for this awesome new addition! I cannot wait to make a new family of something!

I noticed the same issue with the Darkseas. For all my darkseas, it is listing both the first and second generations after Ember as 1st gens, so what should have been my fourth generation is appearing as a third.
[center][url=http://magistream.com/34-daycare/48653-lilypad-critter-sitter-open.html][img]http://i.imgur.com/YE8Qw.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
[center][color=#000080][i]banner courtesy of the amazing catsrool6[/i][/color][/center]
[center][url=http://magistream.com/32-guilds-quarter/44983-darksea-gifters-guild.html][img]http://pixelpixxie.webs.com/dsg%20sig1.gif[/img][/url][/center]
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

How the heck do you make familes?
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
ellysketchit
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ellysketchit »

Unicornsky2982 wrote:
jadecloud wrote:how do yu make a lineage
When you click breed on a creature, under the potential mates is a little box that says next to it, "Create a Family." Check the box, and then click somewhere off of it. (Not the creature you want to breed with!) A text box will appear for you to put the family name in. Once you have entered the family name you want just click the creature you want to breed with and if the breeding is successful the family is created.

Here I took a couple of screenshots to help.

Family explanation, part II.

ellysketchit.deviantart

Egglock Help!
Spoiler

[eggs]

to make it all better.
[/center]
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

ellysketchit wrote:
Unicornsky2982 wrote:
jadecloud wrote:how do yu make a lineage
When you click breed on a creature, under the potential mates is a little box that says next to it, "Create a Family." Check the box, and then click somewhere off of it. (Not the creature you want to breed with!) A text box will appear for you to put the family name in. Once you have entered the family name you want just click the creature you want to breed with and if the breeding is successful the family is created.

Here I took a couple of screenshots to help.

Family explanation, part II.
Ooooh. I made a Skyflight fmaily with an Ice Phoenix and a Gryphon! Yay!
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:

Return to “Site News”