The Magi Stream (My competition entry)

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
PKGriffin
Site Moderator
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

The Magi Stream (My competition entry)

Post by PKGriffin »

The Magi Stream

The stream whistles softly as it flushes though the bronze earth. It was once just a simple trickle of water, nothing more. Around the lush green valley that this insignificant stream trickled through, were nests of monstrous proportion and the evidence of wonderfully horrible monsters; beasts that no one would approach without pressing need. Some brave knights sought to rid the world of these terrors, and rode up to their territories on noble steeds brandishing silver shields and iron swords. But these animals meant no harm. They once had lived all over the Earth, found in every river, on every mountain, and up every tree. But warriors and soldiers seeking their share of fame and glory butchered the poor magical beings until they were existent only in a small range of peaks. As human settlements grew plentiful and edged nearer to the monster’s mountains, the creatures had no choice but to gain the trust of people.

So the animals planned and carried it through; they would make a magical stream through which they would send a message to the humans to leave them be. The mighty Leviathans and the enormous Krakens that lived in the great mountain lake forced water through the trickle that ran from the west of the mountains to the east. The trickle swelled until it was not a mere creak, but a gentle stream all through the lands of the creatures. Koi Fish swam through the stream, giving it a magical aura, beckoning forth the travelers around it. This aura gave the stream magic, and anything in it would float, but couldn’t sink. The water, fresh and cool would not extinguish flame, nor melt ice, and stayed the same all year. Soon, the next phase in the creatures’ plan unveiled itself. Every creature in the mountains would have to deposit at least one of their cherished eggs into the magical stream. It would not harm the eggs, but in the lowlands, it flowed into the human’s territory a lucky wanderer might perchance across this stream, and lift a mythical creature’s egg out. What the person did with the egg from then on was of their own choice.

Many creatures opposed this, and still many won’t forfeit their eggs to human hands, but after the caring Koi Fish, loyal Phoenix, fearful Kraken, and even the protective Gryphons agreed to lend their offspring to help people, other creatures slowly followed. The person who takes an egg from the Magi Stream, as its name is, must realize that acquiring a rare and beautiful egg from the stream is a pleasure reserved for few, as is raising the said egg. Mistreat your pet, and you shall live for little longer.

One of the most peculiar affects of the unusual stream is that if a common creature should drink from it, they are not mere Commons any longer, but just as rare and magical and intelligent as the creatures who helped create the stream first. Many of these creatures agreed to lend their own eggs, which even the non-egg layers then could produce through the stream’s magic.

Now, though only those strong of heart and spirit may become them, Magi travel the world, seeking new students to train in the art of the Mage, helping the unfortunate, and battling wrong-doers, all with the help of their noble companions, their creatures. These creatures, once only mere eggs floating down a wise old stream, until a young girl or boy, man or woman lifted the egg from the stream and took it to the Keep to care for it. This is the story of Magi Stream.
-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
WinterRaven
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Magi Stream (My competition entry)

Post by WinterRaven »

Lovely tale ^^
Nitsuni
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nitsuni »

bloody wow.
Thats it you got my thumbs up so far forget mines you rock!!
Great man great i like how you took the sites description and ran with it and made it more specific!
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Post by nightbug08 »

Oh it's wonderful! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

<3 Thank You for the Christmas Presents <3

Stones crack, and Hanging Gardens rot. 'Tis only change that changes not.
There's one enduring truth to learn: That things will change.
The wheel will turn.
PKGriffin
Site Moderator
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by PKGriffin »

Thanks! I've been thinking about the story behind the Magi Stream for a while, so this was a golden opportunity(I don't even know if that's a real phrase :P )
-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
songwolf
CreaturesTrade

Post by songwolf »

Wow, that really gave me some great mental images. ^_^
I'm female
(Just saying so there isn't any confusion.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ...~...~...~...
Niwer
Pixel Artist
CreaturesTrade

Post by Niwer »

Lovely. I enjoyed it very much. :]
.~//Staff Artist\\~.
Offering 75k for QB Hellhound born Sept 29th.
PM me.
Somariel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Somariel »

Very beautiful story.
Of course I'm normal...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I'm 90 degrees off from the rest of the world

Return to “Legend Contest”