MagiStream's Legend Writing Contest

Learn about the latest updates here.
Royal
CreaturesTrade

Re: MagiStream's Legend Writing Contest

Post by Royal »

Guenhwyvar7373 wrote:Sigh... I tried. It was mostly on a mountaintop, but as it was about GODS of creatures, how the heck does that work?

*shot*
Damien did tell me to use imagination so I'm guessing you can make a creature like maybe a gold and silver manticore that can control magic and stuff like that. The manticore I'm using. :haha:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Iceclaw
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Iceclaw »

Hmmm...might enter. If anything to compete against Royal. We've talked about writing some bit.
Mining my Keep is encouraged! Have at it!
Royal
CreaturesTrade

Post by Royal »

Oh, we have. :smirk: I have 12 pages of the story written in a notebook and it's not finished.
Iceclaw
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Iceclaw »

Royal wrote:Oh, we have. :smirk: I have 12 pages of the story written in a notebook and it's not finished.
The longer it is, the better it'll be. Just don't go overboard. Cut off on the -ly ending words, was, to bes, nots, ect, as much as you can. Went on a writing trip in school and I took how to apply journalism to writing. Very helpful stuff.
Mining my Keep is encouraged! Have at it!
Royal
CreaturesTrade

Post by Royal »

Oh, I've been taking writing classes for nine years silly. :D I'm in Creative Writer AP3 at my school.
Arimermaid
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arimermaid »

Check out my story! :hooray: I came up with it in a dream last night and it seems very fitting! :yarly: Please let me know what you think about it. :angel:
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

I've been very carefully /not/ reading anyone else's story. I'll probably go back through once the competition is over, but for now if I write something that is similar to someone else's I want it to because we had similar inspirations not because I saw theirs and wanted to take a different tack or style on it! Best (for me) to avoid temptation.

~Wolfeyedangel
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Arimermaid
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arimermaid »

wolfeyedangel wrote:I've been very carefully /not/ reading anyone else's story. I'll probably go back through once the competition is over, but for now if I write something that is similar to someone else's I want it to because we had similar inspirations not because I saw theirs and wanted to take a different tack or style on it! Best (for me) to avoid temptation.

~Wolfeyedangel
I did not peek at others stories until I had submitted my own ... :smirk: Mine is very different from the rest ... :italian: *humming "one of these things doesn't belong here" in my head* ^_^
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

*chuckles* I have a couple more percolating in my brain, if I can get the relevent styles to cooperate, so... we'll see how it goes.

~Wolfeyedangel
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Silver_Okami_bara
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silver_Okami_bara »

I wrote something, so will you let us know if we didn't make it?
A man went up Mt. Everest with no oxygen tank, when he came back down nearly dead they asked him, "Why did you go up there to die?" He replied, "I didn't. I went up there to live."
A man went up Mt. Everest with no oxygen tank, when he came back down nearly dead they asked him, "Why did you go up there to die?" He replied, "I didn't. I went up there to live."

Seeking Roleplayers!!

Return to “Site News”