Report site errors here

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
eurylike
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Report site errors here

Post by eurylike »

Katnilb wrote:The issue is that the form for naming a creature is being submitted to

Code: Select all

http://magistream.com/name
instead of

https://magistream.com/name
It should be a fairly simple fix and creatures can still be named if you right click on the text box, select Inspect in the context menu and add an s after the 'http' like below:

<form action="https://magistream.com/name" method="post">
oh neat it worked! i still feel like it seems to be a site issue since other people are having the same problem,, regardless, thank you ^^
prince, he/they
my shop, my wishlist

<3 any and all clicks appreciated <3
Spoiler
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

If you are getting an insecure form notice when trying to name a creature, please do a hard refresh on the naming page. It sounds like a cache problem if the form keeps telling you it's insecure.
AngeltheTogekiss468
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by AngeltheTogekiss468 »

Help! I cannot progress in the Missing Dragons quest even though I have a male axolotl hatchling and a female axolotl hatchling! Does it not work if one of them was from a trade?
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

AngeltheTogekiss468 wrote:Help! I cannot progress in the Missing Dragons quest even though I have a male axolotl hatchling and a female axolotl hatchling! Does it not work if one of them was from a trade?
It doesn't matter if you got them for quests from other players (trade), so long as the axolotl pair is unnamed, unfrozen and unlineaged. I see you have a pair you have named. In case you have the gold required for this particular quest, having named the axol pair should be the problem.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

This has happened before, but i don't remember the cause or the fix.

I'm logged in when I start.. I get my creature codes and add them to the IFN.. I click all the available links on the IFN.. I refresh my keep, and I'm logged out and NONE of the gold I should have earned is in my account.

Please fix

I'm using Windows 11 (totally updated) and Firefox 112.0.2 (64-bit)
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

CinnaminDraconna wrote:This has happened before, but i don't remember the cause or the fix.

I'm logged in when I start.. I get my creature codes and add them to the IFN.. I click all the available links on the IFN.. I refresh my keep, and I'm logged out and NONE of the gold I should have earned is in my account.

Please fix

I'm using Windows 11 (totally updated) and Firefox 112.0.2 (64-bit)
Make sure you don't see a "uid=(bunch of random letters and numbers)" on the browser address bar when you get your codes or start clicking. That is usually what causes the logout. This issue is not something that can be fixed on Magistream's end, as it is a built in system for session control within the forum software.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Thanks! I knew it was something wierd, I just couldn't remember what. With everything else having issues, it was just one more thing driving me batty, lol.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Wyrmburrow
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wyrmburrow »

My introduction seems to have multiplied after the site froze. It must have happened while I was reloading as an attempt to fix it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

This has happened 3 times now. I arrange to buy creatures.. other player starts trade and sends creatures.. I put the gold amount in the box and hit send. But instead of asking me to confirm, the trade goes thru WITHOUT the gold. So I wind up sending another trade with just the gold to pay for the creatures.

Very annoying. Hope all these glitches get worked out soon. Magiversary starts in just days, and it's looks like it's going to be another event with major issues.

I just wish we knew what is going on.. is it hardware, software, the game code, server or what???
Rosehill
Coder
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

CinnaminDraconna wrote:This has happened 3 times now. I arrange to buy creatures.. other player starts trade and sends creatures.. I put the gold amount in the box and hit send. But instead of asking me to confirm, the trade goes thru WITHOUT the gold. So I wind up sending another trade with just the gold to pay for the creatures.

Very annoying. Hope all these glitches get worked out soon. Magiversary starts in just days, and it's looks like it's going to be another event with major issues.

I just wish we knew what is going on.. is it hardware, software, the game code, server or what???
The gold issue has been on trades almost forever, especially for people with bigger keeps. What usually helps is waiting until the page has completely loaded.

And the major issues that the site has had: we don't know what's wrong, so we don't have a clear way to fix it. We are doing upgraded to pretty much all parts of the site, server, and stuff, but so far they haven't fixed the issues completely. Everything we do behind the scenes makes the situation a bit better, and we do have a plan of upgrading site elements in a more major way in the upcoming months.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”