Darksea Raffle (First of the lineages)

Learn about the latest updates here.
Ruffian75
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Darksea Raffle (First of the lineages)

Post by Ruffian75 »

Congratulations Pertwila. Enjoy your new lady Capricorn. May she found a big dynasty.

BTW: It was pure luck Pert had the ticket that won. The number of tickets made little difference.

Those of you who are crying "unfair" because you did not (or could not) buy a ton of them? You had as much chance to win as she did, but she had all the luck.
Spring Is Here! Image
*****************************************************************************************

To Hatchling: ImageImageImageImageImage

To Adult:
Daily Adoptable Nursery, Ruffian75.
DevilCrest
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Lounging in a tree at the Jungle of Raza surrounded by panthers.

Post by DevilCrest »

Ruffian75 wrote:BTW: It was pure luck Pert had the ticket that won. The number of tickets made little difference.

Those of you who are crying "unfair" because you did not (or could not) buy a ton of them? You had as much chance to win as she did, but she had all the luck.
Yes, it was luck. You need luck in a gamble. :P

As for the latter part of your post, I found it a bit offensive and somewhat belittling to me. You have to understand people don't have that much gold, so saying they could have had as much luck (aka gold & willingness to purchase tickets) as someone else is wrong at best because the truth is: not everyone has enough gold to purchase the tickets. :(

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
Personal SB Telvian Panther Army: 2,182
Image[/center]
LittleFireCat
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: We are all brothers under the skin, and I for one would be willing to skin humanity to prove it.

Post by LittleFireCat »

Ruffian75 wrote: BTW: It was pure luck Pert had the ticket that won. The number of tickets made little difference.

You are not adjusting your calculations to reflect the number of people available to participate in the raffle.
In something such as a state lottery, then no the number of tickets you buy does not give you any advantage because there are hundreds of thousands of people buying tickets. But here we have only 11,504 users (as of this post), and not all of them would necessarily buy tickets (especially since some would have only joined today, and others may not even have enough gold to have bought one ticket), there for the odds would be in favour of some one who says buys 3044 tickets as most would buy between 1-100 tickets.
Lasciate Ogni Speranza Voi Ch'EntrateGPX+ and other
Spoiler
ImageImage
Image ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image Now with Koi!
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

Folk, take the statistics debate to the Popsicle stand. Keep it civil all around.

~Wolfeyedangel
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SurrealSadi
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SurrealSadi »

Grats to Pertwila! May your new lineage earn you back all the gold you spent and then-some!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rinrin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rinrin »

Thank you all for the congratulations.
:wave:
I disappeared last night to sleep. School was in a few hours, lol.
And I was soo excited. Said winning nearly elicited a heart attack.
As to the amount of gold spent, I really wanted Ember. xD
I was saving for a Crystalwing auction which is why I had so much, but I decided to make a gamble and go for Ember instead. After all, she's one of a kind. ^_^
I'll be starting the Darksea lineage shortly. As soon as I have a hold of Ember and find an appropriate mate for her. So expect to see some Darkseas out there!
Taliesen
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Taliesen »

I'll be waiting for the Darkseas. And congratulations!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
GinnyLouLou
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by GinnyLouLou »

oooh... I'm jealous! Bought 100 tickets (part of my temple cat money), but hats off to that commitment Pertwila! Keep it coming Tristan, even though I didn't win, this was fun.
Image...:. ImageImageImageImage .:......Image .: I'm away this week, don't delete me, Wolfeyedangel!:.
SunsetVWF026
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by SunsetVWF026 »

Congratulations, Pertwila! :D
I wonder when we can start making lineages.
Forgotten Unicorn Hoard: 984/1000. Fun fact, I currently own 4.48% of all Forgotten Unicorns on Magistream. Almost there!
13/25 presents~
Lenalee96
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Lenalee96 »

pertwila wrote:Thank you all for the congratulations.
:wave:
I disappeared last night to sleep. School was in a few hours, lol.
And I was soo excited. Said winning nearly elicited a heart attack.
As to the amount of gold spent, I really wanted Ember. xD
I was saving for a Crystalwing auction which is why I had so much, but I decided to make a gamble and go for Ember instead. After all, she's one of a kind. ^_^
I'll be starting the Darksea lineage shortly. As soon as I have a hold of Ember and find an appropriate mate for her. So expect to see some Darkseas out there!

CONGRATZ!! lol, i hope to get one of her babyz, how much r they going for anywayz??

Return to “Site News”