March Donis: Lynx Cabbits (#1486-#1487)

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

March Donis: Lynx Cabbits (#1486-#1487)

Post by Pallastronomy »

Sprites by Mysfytt, descriptions by Kestrad

Creature #1486: Calico Lynx Cabbit
Large fuzzy ears have emerged from this calico egg.

ImageImage
Hatchling (M/F)

ImageImage
Adult (M/F)

Creature #1487: Spotted Lynx Cabbit
Large fuzzy ears have emerged from this leopard-spotted egg.

ImageImage
Hatchling (M/F)

ImageImage
Adult (M/F)

Hatchling, adult, and general descriptions are identical for both

Hatchling description
Spoiler
Lynx cabbits are the size of a housecat when they emerge from their eggs, and already always pleasantly warm - a blessing during the early spring, when nights are still chilly and days can turn unexpectedly cold. Soft, cuddly, and playful, they are a well-loved springtime companion. Given their usual hatching time and their relative fertility compared to most magical creatures, they have come to symbolize the return of spring and it’s not uncommon for people to gift each other lynx cabbit hatchling plushies in the early spring. Some people gift actual hatchlings, since the hatchlings are pleasant and easy to care for, requiring only to be left a bowl of milk and some vegetables every day, and some toy mice to play with when not seeking pets. Since most people are not prepared for the hatchling to grow into an adult predator the size of a small pony though, this practice is now heavily discouraged by the magi at the Keep.
Adult description
Spoiler
After three months as a cute, affectionate, carrot-munching hatchling, lynx cabbits hit a sudden growth spurt, whereupon they grow so fast they are noticeably larger each day. At this point, lynx cabbits are no longer content with only milk and vegetables, and begin to hunt, consuming a great quantity of meat to fuel their growth. While still affectionate towards the magi that raised them, adult lynx cabbits are generally slightly more aloof and dignified, preferring to wander off for days at a time to hunt and explore. However, for some unknown reason, they all like to converge on the Keep and stay there at the start of spring, just in time to shed their winter coats all over the castle. Magi think this is most likely because the shedding process itches, and the residents of the Keep obligingly provide plenty of scritches. It’s not uncommon during this time to spot a fully grown lynx cabbit forget its massive size and attempt to park itself in its magi’s lap for pets, engulfing the poor magi in fluff.
General description
Spoiler
While lynx cabbits have some vague control over heat and life magic, magi generally agree that their true power is the ability to fill an entire room with fur. Lynx cabbits have some of the softest, warmest fur known to exist, and come spring, they take it as their solemn duty to shed an unfathomable amount of it. Magi attempt to combat this excess of fluff by combing their companions regularly and gathering up the soft fur. Being considerably larger than most other cabbits, measuring about half the height of an average magi at the shoulder, a single lynx cabbit can produce enough to fill several large bags, and still somehow shed more the instant they are let loose. During this season, magi armed with brooms and many other cleaning spells work overtime to sweep up the fur all over the Keep, and those poor souls who are allergic find excuses to be far away. Nesting birds take full advantage of the bounty, as do many other creatures who like lining their dwellings with soft scraps. The gathered fur is spun into yarn and used to make soft, warm clothes in preparation for the following winter.
Last edited by Pallastronomy on March 2nd, 2024, 11:52:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: March Donis: Lynx Cabbits (#1486-#1487)

Post by feralkiwi »

oh no i already love the egg sprites, i might have to get some T.T lol <3 moar cabbits!!!
(pronouns: they/them)

<3 clicks appreciated (to hatchling only please) <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nexosa
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nexosa »

CABBIT :woo: :woo:
Wish list:Hummingbirds,Any grpyhon hatchling,Any jackalope hatchling,,Pygmy wolpertinger,Rabbitsune

My Wishlist

Fox by Munin,Joey doggo by Seabra
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

ImageImage
M/F Calico Lynx Cabbit

ImageImage
M/F Spotted Lynx Cabbit
Spoiler
Lynx cabbits are the size of a housecat when they emerge from their eggs, and already always pleasantly warm - a blessing during the early spring, when nights are still chilly and days can turn unexpectedly cold. Soft, cuddly, and playful, they are a well-loved springtime companion. Given their usual hatching time and their relative fertility compared to most magical creatures, they have come to symbolize the return of spring and it’s not uncommon for people to gift each other lynx cabbit hatchling plushies in the early spring. Some people gift actual hatchlings, since the hatchlings are pleasant and easy to care for, requiring only to be left a bowl of milk and some vegetables every day, and some toy mice to play with when not seeking pets. Since most people are not prepared for the hatchling to grow into an adult predator the size of a small pony though, this practice is now heavily discouraged by the magi at the Keep.

Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
Altairia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

I look forward to seeing what the adults look like, the hatchlings are cute and I like lynxes quite a lot!
Visit my new shop!
~~~
Looking for gender swaps- see the corresponding tab in my keep!
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thank you for clicking my creatures! <3
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Buns.

I got to say, the fur patterns on the babies look awesome. I'm really hoping the adults live up to the gorgeous hatchlings.

Edit: Well, they do and don't. The babies are 100% bun and the adults are 100% lynx. :t-shrug:
Last edited by Airasyraye on March 5th, 2024, 12:08:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

OHHHHMMMMMGGGGGGG DONI CABBITS and they LOOK LIKE DA BOMB!

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES*

OMG THEY'RE SO FREAKING CUTE AND CUDDLY!!!!

YAYYYYY birthday month!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
DarkRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarkRider »

O my goodness!!! These are gorgeous!! :woo: I need some of these
ImageImage Image
Don't take artwork thanks!Avatar by Munin thank you!Tulcadhiel made Fox! Thank you!
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Them PEETS <3

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence

Return to “Community Discussion”