Creature 1485: Spring Kuei

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Creature 1485: Spring Kuei

Post by Pallastronomy »

Male hatchling, can confirm no dimorphism
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
BeeNme
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by BeeNme »

artist bugs, how awesome!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wishlist:
Spoiler
Tanzanite Gemstone Kirin, White Cukurba, Catalana Dismot, White or Piebald Cervinus Deer, Angora Jackalope, Ouranian Koi, Arkenian Sakeira, winged cats
Dream creatures: Silver Alicanto, Calico Tienko
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Stop releasing when I’m locked/not available! D: D:

Not really. Off to the click thread. This really looks like a critter I want. Is bug, but is Mysfytt sprited.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

adult female

As soon as the snow melts, hundreds of spring kuei come to life from their dormant stage. While the hatchlings wander about, ready to create their first piece of art, the adults revise paintings partly erased by the snow. They are thorough with their projects and move on to a different painting only after they are satisfied with their current work. For the spring kuei to be happy with something that they painted, everything must be well-balanced. All lines have to be of a certain width, and all colors must be in the spring kuei's desired shade. Otherwise, they will toil for many hours and stop only when they deem the art they created perfect. Although decorators view them as useful companions, some would live a happier life without having these creatures around. When there is nothing else left to paint, the spring kuei will start working on buildings. If a wall is blank today, tomorrow it could be covered in strange, yet colorful shapes. Not everyone is happy to have their house colored in permanent ink by strange beetles, let alone the walls of the Keep. When there is nothing else left to paint, the spring kuei will start working on buildings. If a wall is blank today, tomorrow it could be covered in strange, yet colorful shapes. Not everyone is happy to have their house colored in permanent ink by strange beetles, let alone the walls of the Keep.
gummiphrog
CreaturesTrade

Post by gummiphrog »

Wow :o so scary yet so beautiful

something about bugs with spots just make my silly brain feel some instinctual fear like "DANGER DANGER, FREAKY THINGS RIGHT THERE. GET AWAY!!" Thankfully this one is just a digital bug :P (very good bug :italian: :italian:
They/them | Glubleko Collector | Filling The Pokedex
not too active, need a break. will be on for events though.
!! Please do not gold mine adults as it causes the site to lag !!
You are welcome to mine eggs and hatchlings in my "main" and "growing hatchling" tabs
/)/)
( . .)
( づ♡
~egg and hatchling clicks are much appreciated~

ImageImageImageImageImage
Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

Are these based on a specific type of bug? My first thought was boxelder beetle, though the shape is not quite right, but I think that's just because they invade the house by the dozens every summer and are a harmless nuisance.
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

omg these are GORGEOUS :D
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Mysfytt
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mysfytt »

Mathcat wrote: February 24th, 2024, 4:22:45 pm Are these based on a specific type of bug? My first thought was boxelder beetle, though the shape is not quite right, but I think that's just because they invade the house by the dozens every summer and are a harmless nuisance.
Look up Picasso Beetle....
I am so excited...- ImageWheeeeeeee!
Evil does not understand beauty for it can never possess it,
so hidden away, secretly, in the dark - It destroys it.

Myouki
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Myouki »

Are they still flooding? The announcement says they're supposed to flood 'up to and including the 25th', but I haven't seen a single one today despite grabbing eggs to try to get one to pop up.

edit: after grabbing 19 random eggs, I finally unearthed a beetle~
~Mostly looking for shop (especially Water and Herbal), quest, event, and hybrid creatures. Details in my wishlist (updated 12/20/2023), please and thank you~
Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

Mysfytt wrote: February 25th, 2024, 12:21:44 am
Mathcat wrote: February 24th, 2024, 4:22:45 pm Are these based on a specific type of bug? My first thought was boxelder beetle, though the shape is not quite right, but I think that's just because they invade the house by the dozens every summer and are a harmless nuisance.
Look up Picasso Beetle....
Okay, that's really cool!
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)

Return to “Community Discussion”