Creature 1485: Spring Kuei

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Nekoi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Creature 1485: Spring Kuei

Post by Nekoi »

New stream critter!!!

This egg has a dry shell, but touching it will leave you with wet paint on your fingers.

Hatchling (no dimorphism):
Spoiler
If anyone looked under the thick blanket of snow, they would observe that dozens of simple-looking spring kuei hatchlings await in a dormant stage. Once the white layer melts, they come to life and start exploring, eager to color everything in their path. If a surface is smooth enough, the hatchlings will paint it. They color everything in strange, abstract shapes, and as soon as they discover their backs are blank, the hatchlings will take turns painting each other. Although the patterns appear different for each growing hatchling, they become the same by the time they reach adulthood. It remains a mystery if the hatchlings know how to paint a single pattern or if their hard carapace absorbs the paint and reshapes it. However, even if the design is always the same, these creatures are always beautiful to look at.
Adult (no dimorphism):
Spoiler
As soon as the snow melts, hundreds of spring kuei come to life from their dormant stage. While the hatchlings wander about, ready to create their first piece of art, the adults revise paintings partly erased by the snow. They are thorough with their projects and move on to a different painting only after they are satisfied with their current work. For the spring kuei to be happy with something that they painted, everything must be well-balanced. All lines have to be of a certain width, and all colors must be in the spring kuei's desired shade. Otherwise, they will toil for many hours and stop only when they deem the art they created perfect. Although decorators view them as useful companions, some would live a happier life without having these creatures around. When there is nothing else left to paint, the spring kuei will start working on buildings. If a wall is blank today, tomorrow it could be covered in strange, yet colorful shapes. Not everyone is happy to have their house colored in permanent ink by strange beetles, let alone the walls of the Keep. When there is nothing else left to paint, the spring kuei will start working on buildings. If a wall is blank today, tomorrow it could be covered in strange, yet colorful shapes. Not everyone is happy to have their house colored in permanent ink by strange beetles, let alone the walls of the Keep.
There is no other creature as passionate about art as the spring kuei is. Not only do they take inspiration from nature's shapes, but they also produce the paint needed to create stunning art. The paint they produce through their brush-like antennae is of various colors. They turn into paint a part of what they consume, the most common colors being red, green, and turquoise. They feed mainly on grass but also poppies and wood-stain mushrooms. The spring kuei live to paint, and they are the happiest when given the task of painting something. Time and time again, they were assigned to reproduce a painting or to make a copy of a simple image. However, they never seem to hold enough interest in it. Soon enough, the started image turns into something original made with abstract shapes. As such, they are most suited to decorate wrapping paper or to design gift cards. This does not stop people from trying to train a spring kuei to only copy ready-made images.

Sprites: Mysfytt
Description: Real
Last edited by Nekoi on February 24th, 2024, 10:47:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Egg and Hatchies codes for Ninjas
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[url=https://magistream.com/creature/14909903][img]https://magistream.com/img/14909903.gif[/img][/url]
Eggs and Hatchies beneath spoiler
Spoiler
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creature 1485: Spring Kuei

Post by Windi1 »

I'm thinking that this may be another duck or some kind of bird. I believe that last Spring, we had ducks.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Alvean Yale, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 00/25 gifts
Nekoi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nekoi »

Windi1 wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 12:58:59 am I'm thinking that this may be another duck or some kind of bird. I believe that last Spring, we had ducks.
Description says they have antenna, so I'm guessing more of a moth or butterfly. Could be completely wrong though... :D

>^_^< V
Last edited by Nekoi on February 23rd, 2024, 1:06:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egg and Hatchies codes for Ninjas
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[url=https://magistream.com/creature/14909903][img]https://magistream.com/img/14909903.gif[/img][/url]
Eggs and Hatchies beneath spoiler
Spoiler
Arkinine
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Arkinine »

ooh, i wonder if it's a literal painted butterfly? or perhaps a moth, since butterflies don't usually have ''brush-like antennae''

very eager to see these! whatever they are, i hope they're cute :D
Image~~Image
Mysfytt
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mysfytt »

I hope you guys like them.
I am so excited...- ImageWheeeeeeee!
Evil does not understand beauty for it can never possess it,
so hidden away, secretly, in the dark - It destroys it.

Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pugnacious »

Of course, right when I'm egglocked! Grow, donecs, grow! D:

But I'm super excited to see these guys! I'm thinking maybe rabbits or some kind of bird.
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lunalux
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunalux »

Female Spring Kuei
Spoiler
If anyone looked under the thick blanket of snow, they would observe that dozens of simple-looking spring kuei hatchlings await in a dormant stage. Once the white layer melts, they come to life and start exploring, eager to color everything in their path. If a surface is smooth enough, the hatchlings will paint it. They color everything in strange, abstract shapes, and as soon as they discover their backs are blank, the hatchlings will take turns painting each other. Although the patterns appear different for each growing hatchling, they become the same by the time they reach adulthood. It remains a mystery if the hatchlings know how to paint a single pattern or if their hard carapace absorbs the paint and reshapes it. However, even if the design is always the same, these creatures are always beautiful to look at.

There is no other creature as passionate about art as the spring kuei is. Not only do they take inspiration from nature's shapes, but they also produce the paint needed to create stunning art. The paint they produce through their brush-like antennae is of various colors. They turn into paint a part of what they consume, the most common colors being red, green, and turquoise. They feed mainly on grass but also poppies and wood-stain mushrooms. The spring kuei live to paint, and they are the happiest when given the task of painting something. Time and time again, they were assigned to reproduce a painting or to make a copy of a simple image. However, they never seem to hold enough interest in it. Soon enough, the started image turns into something original made with abstract shapes. As such, they are most suited to decorate wrapping paper or to design gift cards. This does not stop people from trying to train a spring kuei to only copy ready-made images.
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

"It's a bug, not a feature." :t-:3:
The hatchlings look very cute and I love their description.
OverlordVOX
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by OverlordVOX »

Looks like a Firefly
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Lunalux wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 10:03:57 am Image
Female Spring Kuei
Spoiler

Looks like some kind of little beetle

Return to “Community Discussion”