Breeding Patterns and Hybridisation

Put your entry for any competition here.
georgexu94
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Breeding Patterns and Hybridisation

Post by georgexu94 »

Title: Breeding Patterns and Hybridisation in the MagiStream World

Research Problem
The study aims to explore the breeding patterns of creatures, with a particular focus on hybridisation. The research will investigate the odds of getting a hybrid, and with the following hypothesis, "Hybrid offspring occur in one out of four breeding attempts between eligible parent species."

Data Collection
Breeding mechanics: How often creatures can breed, the success rate of breeding, and any special conditions required for breeding hybrids.
Hybrid creatures: The parent species required to breed each hybrid, and the unique characteristics of these hybrids.
Generations and lineages: How generations are determined in the breeding system, and the concept of creature families or lineages.
Historical Records: Past Breeding shows the following [2]:
Kaibigan Winged Cat with Philia Dove. 3 times. Result: 2 Heartfire Gryphon and 1 failed attempt.
Monarch Butterfly fish with Monarch Butterfly fish. 6 times. Result: 6 Swallowtail Butterfly fish

Conclusion
After comparing the collected data to the hypothesis, the study concludes that:
Breeding is a complex process with many variables. Creatures can breed once every three days, and the success of breeding is not guaranteed.
Hybrid creatures are indeed produced by breeding two different species. However, the occurrence of hybrid offspring in one out of four breeding attempts could not be conclusively confirmed due to the complexity and variability of the breeding system and insufficient data.

This study sheds light on the intricate breeding system and its implications for the creatures’ diversity and evolution. Future research could explore the impact of these breeding patterns on the creatures’ habitats and interactions.

Sources
1. "Magistream Creature List." Magistream Wiki, https://magistream.fandom.com/wiki/Creature_List. Accessed 17 Feb. 2024.
2. "Breeding History." Records. Accessed 17 Feb. 2024.

Accredited Water Mage
Storyteller

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand

ImageImageImage

Return to “Competition Entries”