February Midmonth Doni: Longjing (#1484)

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

February Midmonth Doni: Longjing (#1484)

Post by Pallastronomy »

Sprites by Mysfytt, description by Kestrad

Oh my, there is a tiny tree growing out of this egg.

Hatchling (No dimorphism)

Adult (No dimorphism)

Hatchling description
Spoiler
Longjing hatchlings have not yet fully realized their powers, and are only capable of miniaturizing small plants over a small area. However, they greatly enjoy practicing their magic, and hatchlings will play with each other by competing to see who can miniaturize the largest area with the biggest plants. Longjing hatchlings don’t require much tending, as they mainly eat soil, so magi raising one only need to provide their hatchling plenty of fresh water. However, longjing are very fond of tea, and magi who drink tea while raising one may well find their cup suddenly empty of beverage and full of small woody dragon instead.
Adult description
Spoiler
Longjing are considered adults once they have miniaturized their first tree. Usually by this point their whiskers have grown impressively long and their wooden horns have several branch spokes. It is often hard to tell, looking at an adult longjing, where it ends and its miniaturized plants begin, and some magi speculate that for older ones, the distinction is no longer meaningful, as the oldest plants may well truly be part of the creature’s body. Longjing all carry a blue light in the curl of their tails, which they guard extremely carefully. It is thought that his is the source of their miniaturization powers, though no one has been able to study the light in order to confirm this.
General description
Spoiler
Longjing are powerful users of life magic, which they use to lovingly nurture their favorite plants. They have a strange power that allows them to always have their favorite plants with them, which is the ability to miniaturize an area of vegetation and grow it on their backs. They themselves seem to be made of living wood, and as their scales shed, they decompose into rich soil and mulch to feed the plants they carry. The ground from which they miniaturize the trees and plants is left suddenly bare, ready for new growth to take advantage, though sometimes the longjing will change its mind and expand and replant some of what it’s carrying. Fortunately for farmers and gardeners, they greatly prefer naturally occurring plants and trees, usually from deep in the forest, and so rarely disturb carefully tended gardens. For a bribe of bucketfuls of freshly brewed tea though, they will help magi terraform an area, using their powers to miniaturize plants as appropriate and transport them to a new home.
Last edited by Pallastronomy on February 15th, 2024, 7:34:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
DarkRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: February Midmonth Doni: Longjing (#1484)

Post by DarkRider »

Sounds like a dragon or a Kirin!
ImageImage Image
Don't take artwork thanks!Avatar by Munin thank you!Tulcadhiel made Fox! Thank you!
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

It probably is one
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

DRAGONNNNN!!!!! Knew it 😂
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Alvean Yale, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 00/25 gifts
Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shakura »

Bonsai eastern dragon? neat!
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

ohhhhh my goodness. tree dragon. this is a need. the egg sprite is fantastic oh god i love it
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
Orathty
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Orathty »

Here's the adult one. (No dimorphism) They look amazing. Congratulations to the artists for the stunning work :hooray: <3
My all the year Wishlist!
25/25 Gifts Thank you <3

ImageImageImageImage

for kind ninjas :) to hatchling only please

Code: Select all

[url=https://magistream.com/creature/14929428][img]https://magistream.com/img/14929428.gif[/img][/url][url=https://magistream.com/creature/14929429][img]https://magistream.com/img/14929429.gif[/img][/url][url=https://magistream.com/creature/14929434][img]https://magistream.com/img/14929434.gif[/img][/url][url=https://magistream.com/creature/14929435][img]https://magistream.com/img/14929435.gif[/img][/url]
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

ahh how pretty! i love it at every stage <3 ngl, the lunar new year doni critters are consistently my faves, i look forward to the new one each year
(pronouns: they/them)

<3 clicks appreciated (to hatchling only please) <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

These are absolutely majestic! They look like something out of a Ghibli movie.
DarkstarWolf
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarkstarWolf »

ooh i want one, these are pretty!
~DarkstarWolf

25/25 gifts
Wishlist on my profile, birthday is February 23!

Ѳℓ∂ Ƭσм βσмвα∂ιℓ ιƨ α мɛяяʏ ғɛℓℓσω!
βяιɢнт вℓʋɛ нιƨ ʝαcκɛт ιƨ, αи∂ нιƨ вσσтƨ αяɛ ʏɛℓℓσω!
Ƭнɛяɛ αяɛ иσиɛ ωнσ нαʌɛ cαʋɢнт нιм ʏɛт, ғσя σℓ∂ Ƭσм нɛ ιƨ тнɛ Ѧαƨтɛя!
Ħιƨ ƨσиɢƨ αяɛ ƨтяσиɢɛя ƨσиɢƨ αи∂ нιƨ ғɛɛт αяɛ ғαƨтɛя!

Return to “Community Discussion”