Lady Alua seeks assistance with her research

Learn about the latest updates here.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Re: Lady Alua seeks assistance with her research

Post by Rosehill »

Ayakashi wrote: February 28th, 2024, 10:43:55 pm Random question:
Do I have to actually post the whole paper in the forum, or could I post the abstract, and then a link to a google doc for the full paper. I ask because I have graphs in my paper, and I'm afraid the images of them won't show up in the forum.
Yes, it's okay to link to a google doc! ^.^
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

Rosehill wrote: February 29th, 2024, 9:12:46 am
Ayakashi wrote: February 28th, 2024, 10:43:55 pm Random question:
Do I have to actually post the whole paper in the forum, or could I post the abstract, and then a link to a google doc for the full paper. I ask because I have graphs in my paper, and I'm afraid the images of them won't show up in the forum.
Yes, it's okay to link to a google doc! ^.^
Thank you!! :hooray:
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

out of curiosity, when will participation prizes be awarded?
ImageImage

🕸️ 𝖒𝖞 𝖆𝖗𝖙: https://lucard.neocities.org/
🕸️𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖗𝖙: https://sugarjolt.neocities.org/

Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

castlevania wrote: March 4th, 2024, 11:54:36 am out of curiosity, when will participation prizes be awarded?
Participation awards and winner awards will be handed out around March 10th after the site maintenance has been completed. ^_^
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

Rosehill wrote: March 4th, 2024, 1:32:44 pm
castlevania wrote: March 4th, 2024, 11:54:36 am out of curiosity, when will participation prizes be awarded?
Participation awards and winner awards will be handed out around March 10th after the site maintenance has been completed. ^_^
thank you for letting me know!
ImageImage

🕸️ 𝖒𝖞 𝖆𝖗𝖙: https://lucard.neocities.org/
🕸️𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖗𝖙: https://sugarjolt.neocities.org/

Rosehill
Coder
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

Participation prizes have been handed out! Please check your inventories! :smirk:

Judging of the entries is still ongoing, the results will be posted a little later today or latest by tomorrow. :t-boo:
zee113
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by zee113 »

Rosehill wrote: March 10th, 2024, 9:44:43 am Participation prizes have been handed out! Please check your inventories! :smirk:
A new potion? Thanks bunches!
I must wonder what the new potion does though.
Wishlist:
Spoiler
M/F Oliva, Gelb, Argent, and Aurum Psittarx Dragons - lowest possible generation, no inbreds
M/F Lapis, Levante, Larimar, Pavo, and Farfalla Crested Psittarx Dragons - lowest possible generations, no inbreds
new Halloween creatures

LTS old and new achievement pets and elementals here.

Please DO NOT MINE my keep, I ran into a nasty lag already.
Thane
High Archmage
CreaturesTrade

Post by Thane »

Everyone has gathered in one of the library's side rooms and a charged murmur goes around as every magi seems to have their own theory of what is going on. Someone is heard exclaiming they must've broken at least five Keep records with their breeding project whereas someone else is exasperatedly offering anyone who's willing to listen a second-by-second recollection of that one time their Nandi bears produced an albino egg.

Once again silence settles on the crowd as High Archmage Thane steps into the room. Lady Alua follows close behind bearing a basket woven of seaweed filled to the brim with greenish potions.

"Dear friends," Thane says. "It is my great pleasure today to offer the podium to Lady Alua. All of your research help gave her just the data she needed to get to the breakthrough with her latest project." Thane offers his hand to Lady Alua who deposits the basket onto his outstretched arms before stepping up, beaming, to address the eager audience. She gives a look around the room and claps her hands together in excitement.

"My dearest fellow magi! Ever since the elemental magics started flowing more freely again through the Keep grounds, and all around us, I have been noticing small changes throughout our companions. With time and dedication and the help of all your research I came to conclude that certain breeding habits could be harnessed for gathering ingredients for my latest potion innovation!" Lady Alua picks up a small vial filled with something green as well as a smooth stone with crisscrossing lines. "Here we see a Vial of Life as well as a Crossing stone. The Vial of Life I've concluded can sometimes be obtained when creatures attuned to life element breed, regardless of if the breeding is successful or not. Likewise the Crossing Stone can be obtained by breeding creatures that are of different species. When these two are combined together via crafting you will be able to obtain my latest potion: the Breeding Enhancer Potion! This potion will increase the likelihood of your creature pairs producing offspring!

The findings of all the breeding research and especially life magic has also helped us to successfully breed species that have never before been bred in captivity. By applying all this information we are excited to tell you that we have managed to make multiple creatures breedable, who prior to this were unable to produce offspring!"
Beaming ever so wider as she speaks, Lady Alua grabs her new potions from the basket Thane is holding and starts handing them around the room and the excited murmur starts to pick up again.

======================================

Competition results:

Thank you all for participating. Reading all your entries was such a delight and we are so happy you all seemed to have such fun with this competition as well! There were so many great papers!

For everyone who submitted a paper, a participation prize of fifteen Breeding Enhancer Potions has been awarded.

Honorary mentions for dedication, wit, and the joys and exasperations of research go to the following:
An attempt to grow the population of Oaxacan Citellan within the keep. by @Dunstan
The Limited Breeding Phenomenon: Data Collection and Hypothesizing on Wyrms, Ornamental Penguins, and Arkai by @faedemon
A Research - Breeding Pumpkins by @Real
Establishing statistical boundaries for breeding difficulty categories as defined in The Bestiary by @Kestrad
The Breeding Success Rates of Three Types of Unicorns and the Significance of the Vials of Life by @Ayakashi

And the Winning entries chosen to be published in the library, these authors will be rewarded with a pair of Calico Lynx Cabbits.
A Comparison of Wild and Keep Breeding Populations: an Introduction to Colour Variants by @fierfly567
Leafpiles: Implications of Farir breeding on hybrid color projects and life magic attunement by @crazyflight
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

> we have managed to make multiple creatures breedable, who prior to this were unable to produce offspring!

HELLO???

edit: WE CAN BREED KOI POND CREATURES AND PAST EVENT CREATURES HOLY FUCK :woo:
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

BBkat wrote: March 10th, 2024, 10:22:56 pm > we have managed to make multiple creatures breedable, who prior to this were unable to produce offspring!

HELLO???

edit: WE CAN BREED KOI POND CREATURES AND PAST EVENT CREATURES HOLY FUCK :woo:
Sooooo excited about this!

EDIT. I still can't make baby dismots. :derp:
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:

Return to “Site News”