Lady Alua seeks assistance with her research

Learn about the latest updates here.
PinkStrawberries4
CreaturesTrade

Re: Lady Alua seeks assistance with her research

Post by PinkStrawberries4 »

Rainwater wrote: February 18th, 2024, 1:28:24 pm
PinkStrawberries4 wrote: February 18th, 2024, 11:49:52 am A research paper...? -__ - I don't wanna do schoolwork can I just click eggs or something? this is confusing.
It really wasn't that bad to do (at least, once I had my idea). You could look at entries and see what others have done for inspiration. :angel:

But in any case, no one will force you to do the competition if you don't' want to.
I re-read the entire thing while I wasn't half asleep and I am relieved its just a competition O.o I feel so bad, I though it was a legit monthly event. Thank goodness its optional. Thank you for explaining!
loopsanddots
CreaturesTrade

Post by loopsanddots »

This is SO cool.

I wanted to ask whether there is metadata or smth that makes some creatures of the same breed more viable for breeding than others, apart from just RNG?
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

loopsanddots wrote: February 20th, 2024, 5:15:01 pm This is SO cool.

I wanted to ask whether there is metadata or smth that makes some creatures of the same breed more viable for breeding than others, apart from just RNG?
i actually think you might be onto something here... just speculation, but the vial of life could have something to do with enhancing a creature's viability/breedability. i also like to think that there's something like a "love" factor that make some pairs more likely to produce offspring than others.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
Thane
High Archmage
CreaturesTrade

Post by Thane »

Multiple people have gathered around scrolls after scrolls of breeding history information, quickly scribbled notes with drawings of eggs and arrows everywhere. A pair of Herbalist Guild members can be seen in what looks like a heated argument over a small green vial, and a disheveled looking first year student is anxiously circling other people and asking if anyone's seen Lady Alua, as he needs more breeding cool down potions ASAP to continue conducting his experiment.

The chaos settles down a bit when High Archmage Thane walks in.

"Dear fellow magi, how nice to see us all come together in such dedication to figuring out all that we can for our dear Lady Alua! As it so happens I have just been to see her," (the frantic first year student is all but ready to leap onto grabbing Thane's robes but the arguing Herbalists have come to a mutual agreement to prevent him) "and I am most pleased to report that all your work has helped her to solidify the finding, that the magical energies flowing through everything can be harnessed in small quantities. For the time being this only seems to happen when creatures attuned to the element Life are in question, but I have no reason to doubt further studies will shed more light into other types of magic as well. However, Lady Alua theorized that the one unknown variable to her research is within our grasp, and she herself is now especially looking into results from breeding different species together. I am certain she will grace us with her findings in no time!"

As soon as the tail of Archmage Thane's robes disappears out to the hallway, the room bursts into a cacophony of all the magis trying to exclaim what this new information means. Someone bursts into tears lamenting all their research work now being in vain, while another student tries to comfort them. The two Herbalist Guild members have gotten into another argument about something, the green vial now forgotten on the first year student's lap. He looks defeated. Everything is back to normal.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

loopsanddots wrote: February 20th, 2024, 5:15:01 pm This is SO cool.

No, all individuals of the same species have the exact same probability of producing offspring within the assigned randomness. ^.^
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Part 2 of my competition entry posted :D
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

does this new discovery impact the research paper contest? or are the discoveries of the vial of life and crossing stone to be considered distinct from the criteria for judging the contest, especially since many entries had already been submitted before the hints regarding the crossing stone?
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

crazyflight wrote: February 21st, 2024, 11:17:19 pm does this new discovery impact the research paper contest? or are the discoveries of the vial of life and crossing stone to be considered distinct from the criteria for judging the contest, especially since many entries had already been submitted before the hints regarding the crossing stone?
For judging purposes the research papers don't have to have anything to do with the Vial of Life or the Crossing Stone. They can be taken into account or even be the subject of the research paper if someone wants, but it is not required! ^_^
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

Rosehill wrote: February 22nd, 2024, 3:34:03 am
crazyflight wrote: February 21st, 2024, 11:17:19 pm does this new discovery impact the research paper contest? or are the discoveries of the vial of life and crossing stone to be considered distinct from the criteria for judging the contest, especially since many entries had already been submitted before the hints regarding the crossing stone?
For judging purposes the research papers don't have to have anything to do with the Vial of Life or the Crossing Stone. They can be taken into account or even be the subject of the research paper if someone wants, but it is not required! ^_^
brilliant, that's what i suspected but wanted to make sure. thanks rosehill!
<3 <3 <3
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

Random question:
Do I have to actually post the whole paper in the forum, or could I post the abstract, and then a link to a google doc for the full paper. I ask because I have graphs in my paper, and I'm afraid the images of them won't show up in the forum.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D

Return to “Site News”