Concerns for the forums

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
LittleMaple
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Concerns for the forums

Post by LittleMaple »

Hey all! I am a newer player, but even though I've only been here for a short time, I've noticed that a LOT of threads haven't been posted on since last year, or even 2 years ago. I was just feeling concerned with what this means for gold production. There aren't that many options for threads to post on that are active thst you can come back to, and I've been wondering if anyone felt the same or if it's just me? Also I apologize if this comes off as rude, I'm not the best with tone and this isn't meant to be mean at all :(((
Meowdy!! I'm Maple :3 I have a fantastic soulfriend offsite <3

I'm a newer user and I struggle with social cues and have minor anxiety around pms. Please keep this in mind when messaging me :3

Mobile user only </3
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Concerns for the forums

Post by pegasi1978 »

The forums have been a little slower lately. Some of that could still be from the instability the site had, though it has been more stable since goldmining was pointed out as the cause. It's also common for the forums to go through times of lower activity and times of higher activity.

Also last year was just a few weeks ago, so it's not unexpected that some threads haven't been posted in since then. ^.^
| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Been back since August, and the forums mainly seem to be active on the click threads and the games threads, as well as bug reports and new player questions. I don't see very much conversational activity here, and that holds true for most of the PBBGs I play. They used to have a lot of activity, but the forums sort of died in favor of Discord channels. There are 2 games I quit this summer because all the staff announcements were done in Discord and if you didn't have a Discord account you couldn't figure out what was going on. The forums were literal ghost towns with maybe one post a month from a newbie that never got answered. I think that the most likely explanation here at MS is that a lot of the active players have been around a long time, have done most of the things there are to do, collected most of the things there are to collect and only really check in for the events/holidays and the bi-monthly cash shop releases to do gifting and get the new limited edition pets. I remember the couple months I was here in 2011 before my life blew up there were lots of active conversations on the forums, but that was when people still posted on forums in general, before Discord came along and sucked the social life away into their platform.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
LittleMaple
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by LittleMaple »

Yeah :/ I've noticed that Discord overtakes a lot of petsims. The only one I'm active on that is still going strong is chicken smoothie.
Meowdy!! I'm Maple :3 I have a fantastic soulfriend offsite <3

I'm a newer user and I struggle with social cues and have minor anxiety around pms. Please keep this in mind when messaging me :3

Mobile user only </3
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mochipet »

I think the fact that you can get gold from posting in the forums is what saved it from dying completely.

I imagine as site changes and updates continue to roll out over time, it'll attract more activity back to the forums and site as a whole as well.
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

There are natural ups and downs in conversation. Both in real life when the room seemingly goes quiet, and on online forums when posts seem to dip. It happens. They'll pick back up.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.

Return to “Community Discussion”