Voltarian Alphyn

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
PrincessOfVampires
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Voltarian Alphyn

Post by PrincessOfVampires »

It would be nice if Voltarian Alphyn was available again. Since you can't trade it or breed it, there is currently no way you could obtain it.
If I remember correctly it was a participation prize for either a quest or some competition, but it was so long ago the memory is fuzzy.

I get that it is supposed to be special but except for allies, you can potentially obtain every pet on the site, either by breeding or trading with others.
And since it has egg and hatchie form I would like to have a complete collection. I don't mind it being obtainable while participating in some quest/event but it would be nice for it to return.

↓Visit my shop↓
Princess treasures

Gifts: 25/25 Thank you. <3

Wishlist:
male Donec
Jasper/Malachite Miu
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Voltarian Alphyn

Post by sammythethief »

I remember when they were only given away for people who were notably generous or kind, those who were the embodiment of a Very Good Magi, without expecting anything in return.

Part of me wants to go back to that, but in the end I prefer to see it as a creature that's far more attainable to everyone.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
PrincessOfVampires
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

sammythethief wrote: January 15th, 2024, 11:37:27 am I remember when they were only given away for people who were notably generous or kind, those who were the embodiment of a Very Good Magi, without expecting anything in return.

Part of me wants to go back to that, but in the end I prefer to see it as a creature that's far more attainable to everyone.
That was the original purpose, but this pet was released in 2009 originally but the one I own is from 2016.

↓Visit my shop↓
Princess treasures

Wishlist:
male Donec
Jasper/Malachite Miu
Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shakura »

The winners(?) of one of the group challenges got one as a gift. I don't know which one, but I also got one.

Edit: it must've been the breeding competition, because while my 1st gen Rainbow Connection does not have a birth date, her offspring were born in 2016, just like my Alphyn.
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

It's not breedable, but I'd still like to have a pair just because.

I've just been considering it like an ally; there can be only one. :P
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
PrincessOfVampires
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

CinnaminDraconna wrote: January 15th, 2024, 3:10:51 pm It's not breedable, but I'd still like to have a pair just because.

Ally has only an adult form. What is the purpose of it having egg and hatchie form if you can't collect it?

↓Visit my shop↓
Princess treasures

Wishlist:
male Donec
Jasper/Malachite Miu
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

PrincessOfVampires wrote: January 15th, 2024, 3:21:30 pm
CinnaminDraconna wrote: January 15th, 2024, 3:10:51 pm It's not breedable, but I'd still like to have a pair just because.

Ally has only an adult form. What is the purpose of it having egg and hatchie form if you can't collect it?
But you are technically adding it to your collection. You just can't collect multiples. The reason for that probably goes back to its original distribution.

It still has a "purpose" even if you can't collect multiples :t-shrug: I like the way CinnaminDraconna views it.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

I kind of forgot about these even being a thing. I always did like the colors. As others have said, they were given out to exceptionally kind magi years back. Last dates I've seen were 2016, so I don't think any have been given out since. Kind of sad the tradition wasn't continued really. I feel these have been rather forgotten amongst the great number of other creatures on the site.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Tyriagris
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyriagris »

The 2016 ones were given out as prizes for the breeding competition that took place, that's how I got mine. I definitely agree that we could use some fresh ones, though, I would definitely like another someday!

Return to “Community Discussion”