Creature #1473: Yunikon

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
sunsprite
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Creature #1473: Yunikon

Post by sunsprite »

noticed a new fella came out !

Yunikon
It is a permanent creature and will not be able to breed. (Found in the artificer shop for 1200g)

egg Image
This folded paper has an odd shape.
- - - - -

hatchling Image
no dimorphism
Spoiler
If initially the egg gave no clues on what this creature would turn into, it is now obvious. A small paper unicorn waits calmly, seemingly devoid of life. It twitches whenever someone passes by as if it wants to do something but is uncertain. The yunikon will come to life only when offered small pieces of paper. It consumes the treat silently, which is a strange sight, considering this creature is not alive. While there are no visible changes when the yunikon eats, they show the next day. The hatchling will be slightly bigger and even heavier sometimes. Slowly but surely, it will reach what most consider to be maturity while maintaining its calm demeanor.
- - - - -

adult Image
no dimorphism
Spoiler
Most adult yunikons have an elegant air when moving around, with their heads held up high. Male yunikons fight constantly for what one would assume to be dominance but do so in a very apathetic manner. It appears the yunikons know the unicorns act this way and try to mimic the behavior, but they lose interest almost completely and stop soon after they start. Female yunikons watch them do so, mimicking the unicorns as well, but have no interest in picking the winning male as a mate and continue to watch in the same bored manner long after the males have stopped fighting. The only thing the yunikons have an interest in is consuming paper. They get so into it that they sometimes bite another yunikon's leg or tail. Fortunately, they regrow what they lost with the help of the paper they've just eaten.
- - - - -

general description
Spoiler
Creating a yunikon is not about casting a complex spell but about folding the paper into the perfect shape. Once the paper is folded, the spell needed to animate it is simple. Sometimes people like to add some flavor to it so their yunikon is different from the standard ones. But even in those cases, the yunikon acts like all other unicorns: it eats, sleeps, and prances around. When it comes to food, the yunikons eat small pieces of paper, slowly consuming them and thus growing in size every time they feed. A curious thing about the yunikons is that once they reach a specific size, they will shed the old paper. They sleep on top of paper piles, remaining motionless for many hours. To wake a yunikon, one needs to recast the animating spell. They do not show emotions as they have no life, but they are cute enough for people, especially young students, to keep a few yunikons as companions.
sprites: Mysfytt | description: Real
Last edited by sunsprite on January 9th, 2024, 11:34:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
xxxxxxpreviously delspresso
[supply my orange rabbitsune addiction]
Smores
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: New Creature #1473

Post by Smores »

I'm on mobile, so unable to grab the egg image, but found the new creature!

It's called Yunikon and found in the Artificer Shop ^^
I am a collector and hoarder of birds and bird-like creatures ^_^
Feel free to click through/browse my Keep.

Appreciate any clicks and try to help back!

previously: meep5109 | they/them
----
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sunsprite
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: New Creature #1473

Post by sunsprite »

Smores wrote: January 9th, 2024, 12:13:19 am I'm on mobile, so unable to grab the egg image, but found the new creature!

It's called Yunikon and found in the Artificer Shop ^^
thank u for telling me! added some more stuff to the main post :]
xxxxxxpreviously delspresso
[supply my orange rabbitsune addiction]
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Creature #1473: Yunikon

Post by Pallastronomy »

Artificer unicorns!!! So excited to see these guys grow
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

YUUUUUUUUUUNICORN!

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

Merkwerkee wrote: January 9th, 2024, 12:40:38 am Image
YUUUUUUUUUUNICORN!
Someone else remembers that movie! I think that one is actually what introduced me to the fantasy genre.

I'm quite excited to see how this looks as an adult, and I'm glad it's so cheap in the store
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

YUUUUUUUUUUNICORN!
I wish Phoenixwildfire were still around, she loves this movie. I shall react accordingly in her absence.

Ahem.

:woo: :woo: :woo:

I do love a good unicorn critter, so I'm excited to see these grow up!
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Seabra
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Seabra »

Hatchling (No Dimorphism)

Spoiler
If initially the egg gave no clues on what this creature would turn into, it is now obvious. A small paper unicorn waits calmly, seemingly devoid of life. It twitches whenever someone passes by as if it wants to do something but is uncertain. The yunikon will come to life only when offered small pieces of paper. It consumes the treat silently, which is a strange sight, considering this creature is not alive. While there are no visible changes when the yunikon eats, they show the next day. The hatchling will be slightly bigger and even heavier sometimes. Slowly but surely, it will reach what most consider to be maturity while maintaining its calm demeanor.

Creating a yunikon is not about casting a complex spell but about folding the paper into the perfect shape. Once the paper is folded, the spell needed to animate it is simple. Sometimes people like to add some flavor to it so their yunikon is different from the standard ones. But even in those cases, the yunikon acts like all other unicorns: it eats, sleeps, and prances around. When it comes to food, the yunikons eat small pieces of paper, slowly consuming them and thus growing in size every time they feed. A curious thing about the yunikons is that once they reach a specific size, they will shed the old paper. They sleep on top of paper piles, remaining motionless for many hours. To wake a yunikon, one needs to recast the animating spell. They do not show emotions as they have no life, but they are cute enough for people, especially young students, to keep a few yunikons as companions.

FEEL FREE TO MINE MY KEEP!
*My Pixel Art Shop* (Closed)

ImageImage
Wishlist

CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

I see a new addition to my wishlist, lol. They'll also be part of my Unicorn herd. Just hope they don't try to eat my library. :P
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
MaighdeanDubh
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by MaighdeanDubh »

sammythethief wrote: January 9th, 2024, 6:06:45 am
YUUUUUUUUUUNICORN!
I wish Phoenixwildfire were still around, she loves this movie. I shall react accordingly in her absence.

Ahem.

:woo: :woo: :woo:

I do love a good unicorn critter, so I'm excited to see these grow up!
More fans!!!! :woo: :woo: I too am a lover of this movie!! My Mom, RIP, was the one who got me into horses, but this movie got me into unicorns, a love that I have to this very day. I will always love this movie. I have the book, the movie on vhs that my Dad taped for me, the one anniversary DVD and I have the graphic novel...which has gorgeous artwork.

Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image () Image Image Image
Wishlist: Temple Cats, Caul Vaether, Solar/Lunar Fox, White male ice dragon, Male Ember/Female Fire Drake, Black/white keep rats, Argaent & Aerum kirins, Karadis Dragons, white/black Soladis swans

Return to “Community Discussion”