What's this site's capacity for hosting minigames?

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

What's this site's capacity for hosting minigames?

Post by audrei9 »

I was thinking of a solution to the unbalanced economy and the gold mining thing, and also an incentive for people to click on other eggs not just for money. I had an idea, where every day you could play a game where you could gain points by bumping into other people's eggs, which counts as clicking and progressing them, and you get bonus money by doing so which balances out the economy more. It also helps with getting stalled by double clicking.

I'm guessing that you only get to click an egg if it's placed in a certain tab? Such as the main tab. Because growing up someone's creature when they don't want it isn't really cool.

The issue is, with the site being up for 15 years, if you could have done this earlier I think you already would have done it. Can I get thoughts on this?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LTB any and all holyhounds and deadwood deer! No inbreds please!
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: What's this site's capacity for hosting minigames?

Post by Rosehill »

Minigames is a thing that have been discussed on and off for pretty much the whole 15 years of the site's existence, but thus far minigames haven't been implemented, as the intention for the site has been to mostly focus on getting, growing, collecting, and breeding creatures.

Minigames is a thing we have been discussing a bit more lately again with the team, but nothing definitive has come out of those talks yet, as we're still balancing between what we want the focus of the site to be, what the actual problem with the economy is, and what we would want to accomplish with possible minigames and how those would fit within the feel of the site if such things were implemented.

Regarding clicking: Currently you can click and advance creatures that are in any tab that is not protected or hidden.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: What's this site's capacity for hosting minigames?

Post by froglady »

I think the remark about only using the creatures in someone's Main tab was meant in the context of everyone's non-adult creatures being put into the pool of the suggested minigame automatically to give more creatures to click and to get more clicks for everyone.

I'm not against minigames, but a couple of sites on which I've played over the 30 years I've been online gave you a random amount of gold (I mean a small amount, like between 5 and 10) every time you get an egg and again when it hatches and when it becomes an adult. Since there's a limit on eggs you can have at once there's a built-in governor on how much gold you can earn this way. It won't be goldmining or straining the server or upsetting people by clicking stuff they don't want clicked and it won't distract players from the main purpose of the game.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”