Are we going to talk about the fact that many whales don't exist

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: Are we going to talk about the fact that many whales don't exist

Post by crazyflight »

i don't think audrei meant any harm by drawing attention to that part of the tiexos ixsu creature description. i also think it bears emphasizing that a lot of work has gone into all of the writing on this site, from creature descriptions to quests to world lore and everything in between.

even in "the real world" people refer to elephants as the largest creatures that walk the earth, or whatever, because considering creatures of the ocean opens up a new can of worms. i also enjoy the idea that, what with creature descriptions presumably being written by intrepid explorers making novel discoveries, their word is not necessarily infallible. there's room for magi error, which perhaps by occam's razor would be a more natural explanation rather than "whales don't exist." and any insinuation that asesina orcae, one of my armies and favorite creatures on here, don't exist, ruffles my feathers :srs:

on that thread, i would loveeee some kind of scavenger hunt type quest situation that would encourage more close reads of the lore and legends of the various parts of the world. it's been years and years since i read some of those threads, like how the leviathans got their colors, etc. not to mention that there are several parts of the world that are new since my longest hiatus. of course, i know the world map isn't fully operational at the moment so for now, i'l sit tight and be patient. :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Are we going to talk about the fact that many whales don't exist

Post by BBkat »

pegasi1978 wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 7:21:08 am There's the Aurora whales.
sammythethief wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 9:07:40 am The asesina orcae are technically whales, too, despite living in the sky.

I always say, create the content you want to see! You like writing and worldbuilding, right? I'd love to see more whales, aquatic or otherwise, so maybe it could be a fun exercise and challenge to come up with creature descriptions and designs!
There's also the Narwhals (both of them) and the Caeralis (tho it's a dolphin and thus much smaller).

But if you want more whales/have ideas for whale creatures, that's what the Creature Suggestion thread is for! :D

Return to “Community Discussion”