The Failbreed Shelter

Put your LTB (looking to buy) and LTT (looking to trade) requests here

Moderator: Merchant District Moderators

sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

The Failbreed Shelter

Post by sammythethief »

You've heard the rumours - people in the Keep, Synara City, and even folk in the scattered villages in the Arkene have all spoken of this place. It was easy to find, once you knew what you were looking for, and yet you'd never seen it during your previous excursions. Sprawling fields at the foot of a mountain bleed into a dense forest, out of which the land is bisected by a stream which seems to be trying its very best to be a proper river. That ambitious flow ends in a pond which appears to share a similar aspiration to the stream, for it is large and seems quite deep. There are a few stables, though all are lacking fences of any kind, and a modest building that appears to be half private residence, half storefront.

When you shift your gaze from the beautiful landscape, you notice myriad creatures going about their business. There are leviathan in the pond and pegasus and enox grazing peacefully in the fields. A screech above you draws your attention, and you see several hippogryphs engaging in mock battle in the skies. Nearly two dozen direwolf hatchlings play noisily near the edge of the forest, diligently watched over by many attentive adults. The creatures seem to be living peacefully, and their appearances suggest they are well cared for and content. They barely lift their heads as you approach and enter what turned out to simply be someone's home. The sign hanging beside the door reads "If the door's open, come in!", and so you do just that. You quickly understand why the door was left ajar, with no hint of protective spells on its smooth wooden surface: a large Manticore is dozing peacefully by the fire, one wing stretched out and draped lightly over an equally huge Nandi Bear. The Manticore is asleep, but the Nandi Bear is not, and it eyes you with a keen intelligence that makes you feel as though it's grading your essays from when you were a student rather than sizing you up to determine if you're a threat. It doesn't move, it doesn't make any noise. In fact, the only indication that it's alive at all is the soft sound of its breathing and the subtle shift in the muscles of its face, which make it look... judgmental?

"He wants a treat," a voice to your right says. You startle slightly, turning to see a magi emerge from a doorway, carrying serving tray laden with a steaming teapot, two cups and saucers, a little stack of scones, and dishes of clotted cream and marmalade. They set the tray down on a low table next to a cozy looking chair and pick up two of the scones. Forgetting your existence entirely, the Nandi Bear gently nibbles the scone from the magi's hand. The magi extends a scone to the sleeping Manticore, whose nose twitches once and, without opening its eyes or otherwise moving, laps up the scone with one swipe of its tongue, swallows it whole, and goes back to impersonating a statue. The magi looks over at you and chuckles, and you realize you must have been gawking just a little.

"They were unwanted by their magi," they say matter-of-factly. They don't sound sad about it, though you can see a grim sort of determination in the set of their jaw as they speak. They stroke the head of the Nandi Bear, who leans into the touch with a content rumble. "His fur was the wrong shade, and he was abandoned. He was my inspiration for this sanctuary." They run their fingers through the Manticore's thick, beautifully maintained mane.

"All are wanted here, not for what they were expected to be, but for who they are."

Toy Story really did a number on me, and as a result I hate seeing bred creatures punted off to Bellamoo to rot in his sales threads, never being purchased or given a permanent home. I want all of your failbreeds, all of your accidentally inbred creatures, all of your 36th gen critters that you had as part of a personal project to reach 100 generations and gave up on.

Did your Copei pair give you yet another Beach Copei when all you wanted was a Swamp variant? Did you get a Me'chuan Bengolo instead of a Me'chuan Rewana? Get your thirtieth Rakkaus Agaori instead of a single Dragoste? Bad Psittarx Dragon luck? Maybe you accidentally inbred a couple of creatures. You don't need to freeze them. Send them to me, please. I genuinely want all of the little ones that weren't quite what you were looking for. I don't care if you're sending me an inbred 9th gen fire gryphon with four different creatures bred into its history. Gimme *grabby hands*

Here are a few guidelines and things of note:
Some people want compensation for their failbreeds and others just want to get rid of them; if you would like gold for the creature, I'm willing to pay.
Since it doesn't go against the rules of Kancha, and due to the myriad creatures that fall into the category of failbreed, I'm not setting prices for these creatures.
In your post, please tell me how much you'd like to sell the creatures for. Please be reasonable, as I am not made of gold and goldmining is strictly off the table.
If you have multiple creatures, it would be very helpful for you to put the total gold price in the trade notes.
The failbreeds I receive will never be sold or gifted, and they will never be bred; I like to think of it like I'm adopting senior animals to live comfortably and loved for the rest of their days.

You get to clean out your Keep, and I get to give these creatures a good home. Win-win, right? Right. Fork 'em over!
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Failbreed Shelter

Post by crazyflight »

i love this idea! as a collector of those creatures with high failbreed potential (farir, cervinus deer, gemstone kirin, psittarx dragons) i release a ton of eggs when things don't go my way. i'd love to see them go to a new home.

for now, i have these two that i'll send along once they hatch. 1g per creature sounds about right to me, if you're willing.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
auctioning off an alt cypheles crystalwing for parentless rewin dragons
<3 <3 <3
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

crazyflight wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:55:58 pm i love this idea! as a collector of those creatures with high failbreed potential (farir, cervinus deer, gemstone kirin, psittarx dragons) i release a ton of eggs when things don't go my way. i'd love to see them go to a new home.

for now, i have these two that i'll send along once they hatch. 1g per creature sounds about right to me, if you're willing.

ImageImage
:t-swoon: I'd love them! Thank you!
Be kind.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

Do you take Cervinus Deer and Green Farir failbreeds as well? I have a few hatchies of these that I don't need ^.^

Also have 21 Direwolf hatchlings I don't need. Was trying for Albinos ^.^
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Enchanteddil wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 12:22:09 am Do you take Cervinus Deer and Green Farir failbreeds as well? I have a few hatchies of these that I don't need ^.^

Also have 21 Direwolf hatchlings I don't need. Was trying for Albinos ^.^
You bet I do! Any and all failbreeds will get a loving forever home :t-swoon:
Be kind.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

Sending you a few failbreeds ^.^ No gold necessary <3 <3
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Enchanteddil wrote: March 11th, 2024, 1:06:30 am Sending you a few failbreeds ^.^ No gold necessary <3 <3
I appreciate it! <3
Be kind.
NaoKitsune
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by NaoKitsune »

I sent over a few as well! No charge <3
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

NaoKitsune wrote: March 12th, 2024, 4:15:46 pm I sent over a few as well! No charge <3
Thank you so much! :bounce:
Be kind.
Nayotrie
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nayotrie »

Hello! I now have 39 of these creatures, they are all in the "Team FB" tab. (I bred hybrids or looked for albinos). I want to give them away for free. If you need them, contrary to the starting post, to give them away, breed them or donate them, I don’t mind.
Last edited by Nayotrie on May 6th, 2024, 2:41:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, feed creatures from Main tab!

Many thanks to everyone for the gifts!

Wishlist: Black Tundra Tylluan, Arcanum Serpaen, Fogo Kelung, Wallatrice, Darkfrost Wallatrice, Winterlight Wallatrice, Satura, Giant Sylph, Pocket Sylph, Black Pearl Alasre Fyrin, Seal Point Alasre Fyrin.

Return to “Kancha”