January Donis 2024

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

January Donis 2024

Post by Danafox »

Solar Seaglass Dragon Turtle - 3 shard #1470
This egg looks like it's made from smooth, polished glass. A wickedly sharp ridge of spines has emerged from it.

General Description
Spoiler
Seaglass dragon turtles derive power from heat, like their common cousins. However, they store considerably less of it, preferring to convert that power into waves which they then surf upon to go anywhere, and in fact refusing to swim under their own power unless in a dire emergency. Solar seaglass dragon turtles prefer getting their heat from the sun, and thus are constantly moving, following the sun west so as to never be deprived from the source of their power. It is said that in certain places in the world, where crossings are relatively few and narrow, one can tell the time by when a particular solar seaglass dragon turtle swims past. Solar seaglass dragon turtles are just as unsociable as other dragon turtles, but since they devote so much of their energy to following the sun, rarely bother with fighting each other or other creatures.
Hatchling Description
Spoiler
Seaglass dragon turtle hatchlings suffer each other's company mostly to bicker and fight, though less constantly than their more common cousins do. Magi familiar with both types think this is mainly because they are lazier in general, and because it takes more of their stored energy to move about in their preferred way of surfing on generated waves. Magi must keep a careful eye on their hatchling for the first day or two, to make sure it does not attack any creature that can't defend itself, but soon after, the hatchling will generally fight its own kind. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to seaglass dragon turtle fights, beyond that they seem to enjoy inflicting violence upon something that will retaliate in kind and not fall apart.
Adult Description
Spoiler
Adult seaglass dragon turtles do not linger once they've grown to their full size. The solar variety swims south, to where the days are always long, and constantly surf west, following the sun, while the abyssal variety dives deep in to the ocean, surfing along the fiery deep-sea vents. This constantly moving lifestyle makes them less prone to instant violence against each other than their common cousins are, though they make poor companions for a magi that expects their creatures to be summonable. Seaglass dragon turtles will at best provide their magi some power from afar when requested. Since they are always near the source of their power, though, this is often not an insignificant help despite the distance.
Sprites: Mysfytt
Description: Kestrad

Abyssal Seaglass Dragon Turtle - 5 shard #1471
This egg looks like it's made from smooth, polished glass. A wickedly sharp ridge of spines has emerged from it.

General Description
Spoiler
Seaglass dragon turtles derive power from heat, like their common cousins. However, they store considerably less of it, preferring to convert that power into waves which they then surf upon to go anywhere, and in fact refusing to swim under their own power unless in a dire emergency. Abyssal seaglass dragon turtles prefer getting their heat from deep sea vents, and seek out places where the earth bleeds fire into the ocean. Abyssal seaglass dragon turtles may have the option of being relatively stationary, unlike solar ones, but they seem to abhor staying still, and swim along the vents wherever they lead. Aspiring magi researchers who track their abyssal seaglass dragon turtle companions have mapped sections of the seafloor this way, and discovered that many deep sea vents are in fact connected to each other. In general, though, much less is known about the habits of the abyssal variety of seaglass dragon turtle due to their preference for inhospitable depths.
Hatchling Description
Spoiler
Seaglass dragon turtle hatchlings suffer each other's company mostly to bicker and fight, though less constantly than their more common cousins do. Magi familiar with both types think this is mainly because they are lazier in general, and because it takes more of their stored energy to move about in their preferred way of surfing on generated waves. Magi must keep a careful eye on their hatchling for the first day or two, to make sure it does not attack any creature that can't defend itself, but soon after, the hatchling will generally fight its own kind. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to seaglass dragon turtle fights, beyond that they seem to enjoy inflicting violence upon something that will retaliate in kind and not fall apart.
Adult Description
Spoiler
Adult seaglass dragon turtles do not linger once they've grown to their full size. The solar variety swims south, to where the days are always long, and constantly surf west, following the sun, while the abyssal variety dives deep in to the ocean, surfing along the fiery deep-sea vents. This constantly moving lifestyle makes them less prone to instant violence against each other than their common cousins are, though they make poor companions for a magi that expects their creatures to be summonable. Seaglass dragon turtles will at best provide their magi some power from afar when requested. Since they are always near the source of their power, though, this is often not an insignificant help despite the distance.
Sprites: Mysfytt
Description: Kestrad
Last edited by Danafox on January 2nd, 2024, 3:07:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: January Donis 2024

Post by sammythethief »

Oh, I'm SO excited for these! As soon as the Arkai are gone, I'm grabbing these asap. The eggs are just gorgeous - they give me Lakiran Seahorse egg vibes, and I am too poor for that :lol:
Be kind.
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

I'm with you, Sammy! I'm def getting a few of each. While the Artificer? Shop has seaglass turtles already, we can't be too spoiled with more. Oh no no no... Just like the Rose imps, we got donis for them as well. Wonder what these babies will look like!
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Alvean Yale, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 00/25 gifts
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Hey, just so you know, the abyssal ones have a different general description than the solar ones.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Pallastronomy »

Solar hatchling

Abyssal hatchling

No dimorphism for either

Hatchling description, identical for both
Spoiler
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

Lil' cuties! Looking forward to seeing them all grown up.

Oh wow. They turned from lil' cuties to fierce!

Female Solar Seaglass

Female Abyssal Seaglass
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
KallenTu
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by KallenTu »

The solar ones are so nice and bluee
I love the texture on these adults :o
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Kestrad wrote: January 1st, 2024, 1:21:09 am Hey, just so you know, the abyssal ones have a different general description than the solar ones.
Thank you for the correction, I fixed it, but just letting u know that I bought my doni eggs the moment they went live and I copy pasted the descriptions from each egg exactly as it was. If they were identical when they shouldn't have been, then there was an error and they got ninja fixed at some point. I'm pretty meticulous and what I copy pasted was what I copy pasted at the moment. Just letting you know, no disrespect. ^.^

The turtles look super fierce btw! Their looks remind me of our stream turtles somewhat.
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

omg these are really pretty! i love the colors on the solar one best but they're both great!
(pronouns: they/them)

<3 clicks appreciated (to hatchling only please) <3
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

I love how cranky they are :lol: I relate so much.
Be kind.
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!

Return to “Community Discussion”