Unable to edit About Me section in Profile?

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
AmenoSakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Unable to edit About Me section in Profile?

Post by AmenoSakura »

I've been looking forever and can't seem to find the section where I can edit my About Me area in my Profile.
Image Ameno Sakura. Nonbinary. Asexual. Panromantic. Greymuzzle.
Furry - Gamer - Artist - Writer
ImageImageImageImageImage I have the same username on Discord, ToyHou.se, Twitter and BlueSky. Image
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: Unable to edit About Me section in Profile?

Post by froglady »

I think someone else asked about this recently and the answer was that it's one of the things still being worked on after the reboot.

Edited to add it's the last post on the next to last page of the FAQ post.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Sorry to hop on this to hijack but are we also unable to update our Avatars?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Danafox wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 6:27:02 pm Sorry to hop on this to hijack but are we also unable to update our Avatars?
It should be possible, considering I changed mine the other day to what it is now.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

EstherGamer wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 6:30:40 pm
Danafox wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 6:27:02 pm Sorry to hop on this to hijack but are we also unable to update our Avatars?
It should be possible, considering I changed mine the other day to what it is now.
Wierd I just tried to update my Avatar and the site won't let me. I swear I have been experiencing a lot of bugs on my side of things and I'm wondering if its because of Firefox browser.

Edit: UPDATE: Yup it's Firefox browser....things show up differently prolly due to the site update but I found that it was hidden in a drop down menu that I had missed and so finally was able to update my avatar....something is also missing compared to before, there isn't a field to place any image links from
images hosted within magistream nor any outside sources. You can only upload images that you have saved from your computer.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I use Firefox and never had a problem, but maybe FF has been updated since I changed my avatar and created a problem.

I'm thinking that a lot of things related to customization of the site are still broken, because obviously the team is concentrating on the functional parts first. I'm sure that we can all agree that fixing the moving of creatures, trading, broken quests, etc are all higher priority than features that enable personal expression.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

froglady wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 8:46:15 pm I use Firefox and never had a problem, but maybe FF has been updated since I changed my avatar and created a problem.

I'm thinking that a lot of things related to customization of the site are still broken, because obviously the team is concentrating on the functional parts first. I'm sure that we can all agree that fixing the moving of creatures, trading, broken quests, etc are all higher priority than features that enable personal expression.
True, but it is always good to know if something is a known issue or not.

I was about to ask this myself, as I keep my wishlist on my 'About Me' page. I wanted to update it since I got some items as gifts. Not a major issue, no. But I would have asked just for clarification.
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
froglady
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

It is on the FAQ forum and on the list of things broken by the reboot.

I was making a general comment on why some things are still broken while others have been fixed.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”