I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

I want my money back!!!!!

I was happy to see the mysterious bags in the Black Market, because I needed to replenish my supplies of Gender Change Potions, Boxes of Chocolates and Breeding Cooldown Potions. Didn't really need the Bone Venom, Breeding Restoration Potions or colored corn, but didn't mind getting them.

But why should we be paying for the crafting items that we can get for free if we want them?????
In order to get ingredients for the recipes you need to interact with the site. Currently ingredients can sometimes be randomly gotten when clicking on a specific creature (eggs, hatchlings, adults, frozen, unfrozen, in normal tabs and in protected tabs all count) or visiting that creature's bestiary page.
Once I crafted a pair of each pygmy gemdragon and pygmy crystalwing, I no longer needed crafting items. Now I'm stuck with..
242 gallium blobs
255 porcelain feather chips
255 pieces of wood and some strings
215 plushie cloth and stuffing
and
255 ferrofluid globs
-----
1,222 crafting items THAT I WILL NEVER USE and had to pay 1,010g for every one I didn't already have.

That's over 1.2 million gold WASTED on something that I could have gotten for free, IF I wanted crafting items.

I wasn't totally out of the potions/items I wanted, but even if I was that would have only costed me 772,650 gold. Which I gladly would have paid for, because I use those things. Not to mention the around 200 colored corn for another 200k gold.

I started the day with a little over 1.4 million and now I'm down to just over 137,000... most of which I shouldn't have had to spend. So YOU OWE ME MONEY MAGISTREAM!!!!!

ETA: And it's not like I can gold mine to get it back either!!!
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

Post by Airasyraye »

I do agree that it's awfully unfair to have free items in those bags. It's bad enough how hard it is to get things we need a lot of, like the gender change potions, but that's the chance you take with items of chance. But items you get by clicking creatures? I am so glad I saw what was in those before I spent any, or I would have been absolutely furious to find gold that is so hard to get getting wasted on stuff I don't even have need for.

It's already ridiculous trying to get gold in this place. Now that we can't gold mine, and prices for creatures are astoundingly unbalanced, and it's all but impossible to find people selling certain things, it's frankly insulting to have stuff like this. Especially since 80% of new creatures that aren't just color morphs are donation pets for like the last 2 years. I don't even really try to sell and buy anymore. I just gift everything because I know how disheartening it is trying to collect anymore and only the people who can afford to throw disposable income month after month can feasibly get ahead.

IDK how this post is going to work out for you, but I sure do hope you get your gold back.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
Munin
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Munin »

So by that logic if I buy 20 lottery tickets and do not win I get to go back to the shop and ask for my money back?

The bag only gives crafting supplies if you are not already maxed out on them, so maxing out your inventory is an option if you do not want to take the gamble. Is that tedious? Certainly. But it is also not particularly hard to do, just takes a bit of patience, which you obviously have given that if my math is not off you have bought and opened hundreds of those grab bags.
You bought those bags completely voluntarily, and kept buying them despite seeing that you get items you do not want to have. How is the site at fault here?
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

....I don't get it.

So, the crafting supplies drop pretty often, especially if you started out with very few of them, like you said in your post. So it probably only took you a few bags to realize that crafting supplies were in the item pool this time, and a few more bags to realize that they drop fairly frequently. The nature of RNG being what it is, though, it's entirely possible that you got lucky and got a run of several bags with useful items before getting any crafting items. Taking that into account, let's say you bought 25 bags before realizing that crafting items drop with somewhat high frequency this time around.

With that in mind, you had a few options. You could stop buying the bags because they drop stuff you don't need a lot and the bag isn't worth it. You could go max out the items you don't want for free, and then come back and buy the bags, which at that point will only drop useful (or at least not free) stuff.

You then proceed to do none of those things and instead buy 1000+ more bags.

I just don't get it. Why did you pick that option if you felt the bags weren't worth it? And why would you then decide that actually, it's the site's fault that you decided to buy so many bags?
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

First off, I know I will NOT be getting my money back (tho I sure wish I could). I'm trying to prove a point/make a statement about how BROKEN the economy here is.

1. Crafting items should NOT have been in the bags in the first place.
2. Egg prices in ALL the shops need to be reduced.. and I'm not the only player saying it, read the Black Market and stop gold-mining threads.
3. While we supposedly 'need' gold sinks, RANDOM is NOT the way to do it. Some of the items in our inventories are one-off items that are no longer needed or wanted, but we can't get rid of them. The crafting stuff being the case on point; those items should be totally separate from our regular inventory simply because of the way they work. Not to mention that until you have 255 of something, you'll still keep getting the item.. we should have the option to OPT OUT of getting items we neither need or want.. being able to sell back things would also be appreciated.
and
4. There are items in our inventories that we can't get anywhere else BUT the bags/boxes/tins/whatever and yet the bags NEVER contain them. Things like the Pawprint Sapphires, Dark Fudge with a Candied Black Rose, etc. Things that could serve the purpose of a gold sink and that players actually want. Since I NEEDED/WANTED the Gender Change Potions, Boxes of Chocolates and Breeding Cooldown Potions, I kept buying bags until I maxed them out and wound up with the huge amount of wasted crafting items.

Why not have gold sinks/shops that make sense?
Why not have prices that are actually affordable?
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

Instead of complaining about the amount of crafting items you get that you don't want, just use them, then sell the pets that come from the crafting items. You'll get your money back if that's your worry or concern. I see nothing wrong with this so-called "money sink" and I agree with Kestrad and Munin.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Diamond Wyrm, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 00/25 gifts

Return to “Support and Suggestions”