Magistreams LARGEST Creature

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Magistreams LARGEST Creature

Post by MothballMilkshake »

What would you say is the largest creature (In comparison to a human) on Magistream?
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magistreams LARGEST Creature

Post by froglady »

I've not been (back) here that long, but I should think it would be one of the Leviathan species, not only because their name carries the "enormous" connotation, but also because they are aquatic, which means their skeleton does not have to support their weight and is why whales can be so large compared to terrestrial mammals.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Just based on the descriptions alone, I'd say either the Lakireldar and Fjallaugar or the Jormungandr. The Fjallaugar specifically states that some sleeping ones have been mistaken for mountains. In a similar vein, Jormungandr are described as a species which grows endlessly.

That's just off the top of my head, though.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

....I think I may have an inkling why you posted this thread :orly:

So Krakens are described as "growing to two tons or more in weight" in their descriptions, and I'm pretty sure we're supposed to read that as them being pretty huge, but on the other hand they also allegedly can fit into Lake Lakira without any issues. So unless Lake Lakira is like, bigger on the inside (which, given how it seems capable of holding every aquatic creature known to magi, it might well be), I guess they're probably not the largest creature.

A lot of descriptions of dragons on this site say that they never stop growing, and imply that they can live for very long, which means that probably the oldest dragons are unfathomably huge.

Fun fact - when I was writing the descriptions for the Laikas, I thought the clouds around their feet made them look like they should be as large as mountains. Mysfytt had no objections and in fact expanded on that idea in her outline for their lore, and so that's how we ended up with doggos similar to the dragons mentioned above - they never stop growing, and live for long enough that there *should* be extremely huge ones out there. But no one, at least in living memory, has actually found ones that large and recorded their experience.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by MothballMilkshake »

Kestrad wrote: December 6th, 2023, 10:15:10 pm ....I think I may have an inkling why you posted this thread :orly:

So Krakens are described as "growing to two tons or more in weight" in their descriptions, and I'm pretty sure we're supposed to read that as them being pretty huge, but on the other hand they also allegedly can fit into Lake Lakira without any issues. So unless Lake Lakira is like, bigger on the inside (which, given how it seems capable of holding every aquatic creature known to magi, it might well be), I guess they're probably not the largest creature.

A lot of descriptions of dragons on this site say that they never stop growing, and imply that they can live for very long, which means that probably the oldest dragons are unfathomably huge.

Fun fact - when I was writing the descriptions for the Laikas, I thought the clouds around their feet made them look like they should be as large as mountains. Mysfytt had no objections and in fact expanded on that idea in her outline for their lore, and so that's how we ended up with doggos similar to the dragons mentioned above - they never stop growing, and live for long enough that there *should* be extremely huge ones out there. But no one, at least in living memory, has actually found ones that large and recorded their experience.
Caught out, hahah! I struggle to remember all the Magistream creatures sometimes (There's more than Pokemon I swear!) and was thinking of continuations for my tale!
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

MothballMilkshake wrote: December 6th, 2023, 10:54:54 pm
Kestrad wrote: December 6th, 2023, 10:15:10 pm ....I think I may have an inkling why you posted this thread :orly:

Caught out, hahah! I struggle to remember all the Magistream creatures sometimes (There's more than Pokemon I swear!) and was thinking of continuations for my tale!
Haha, well, I'm excited to see what creature you decide on if you decide to continue it!

Also, we're approaching 1500 creatures on the site at this point, so we've definitely surpassed pokemon at this point! (Shh, don't point out that a bunch of them are the same creature recolored.)
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon

Return to “Community Discussion”