Critters #1463 and 1464

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
leica
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: Critters #1463 and 1464

Post by leica »

Rosehill wrote: December 6th, 2023, 4:47:29 am For especially those who have been longer with the site, and are used to the Koi Pond being very stingy with eggs, to the point of frustration and giving up: With the release of the Common Cerapicta the drop rates of the Pond were tweaked so that getting eggs from the Pond is much more likely than before. These new drop rates are permanent, so while there is still an element of randomness in whether you get something from the Pond or not, the odds are far more favorable.

We (the team) have also had plans for adjusting the mechanics and game play of the Koi Pond for quite some time already, and most likely those changes will go live some time during next year. :t-woo:
Now that the drop rate has been adjusted, that's good news. :D
The pond's system itself is fun, so I think it's good as it is. (it's just my personal opinion, if there's a better way, that's good too.)
Thank you for team's efforts. :t-hugs:
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Pallastronomy »

Rosehill wrote: December 6th, 2023, 4:47:29 am For especially those who have been longer with the site, and are used to the Koi Pond being very stingy with eggs, to the point of frustration and giving up: With the release of the Common Cerapicta the drop rates of the Pond were tweaked so that getting eggs from the Pond is much more likely than before. These new drop rates are permanent, so while there is still an element of randomness in whether you get something from the Pond or not, the odds are far more favorable.

We (the team) have also had plans for adjusting the mechanics and game play of the Koi Pond for quite some time already, and most likely those changes will go live some time during next year. :t-woo:
I thought it felt like the odds had been raised! I owe you my life for how much easier getting eggs is now
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

The drop rates being tweaked is just awesome! I was so worried about getting some of the new release, but it has been so much more reasonable. <3
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImage
Nekoi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nekoi »

froglady wrote: December 6th, 2023, 1:28:05 am As a newer player, I don't have a lot of gold to throw into the pond (13.5k or so). I've put gold in there at least 50 times in the past month and gotten nothing. Not one single egg. How are you guys getting anything? Do I just have rotten luck? Or is there a threshold of money you have to chuck in before you have a chance at an egg?
1st of all...your chances don't increase with the amount of gold (unless they have changed how the pond works, which I don't recall reading anything about any changes to it, other than the above mentioned drop rate change), so just tossing in the minimum amount over and over until you get an egg works fine...eventually. 2nd...don't waste your money if you can get someone to breed you a pair of what you need/want for a lot cheaper (or even free!). Unless you really want a parentless pair. Which sadly, I usually do. :t-sweat:

Wahoo!!! This is excellent news! And also explains why I kept getting ruby kois when I was trying for the new critter... :t-xD: Thank you!!!

>^_^< V
Egg and Hatchies codes for Ninjas
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[url=https://magistream.com/creature/14909903][img]https://magistream.com/img/14909903.gif[/img][/url]
Eggs and Hatchies beneath spoiler
Spoiler
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Thanks. I thought perhaps from the flavor text (which doesn't always mean anything, but sometimes it does) that you might not get the first egg until you had given a certain amount in total and then you started having a random chance for one, which would explain my abject failure. I don't really need any creature here (I'm not a rabid completionist and I don't give a darn if a creature is the 5000th generation if it's something I want), I just wanted to see if I could get something, anything, at least just once to say I did it. I know, I'm weird.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Pallastronomy »

Pallastronomy wrote: December 6th, 2023, 2:12:07 am Image
Female common adult

Adult description
Spoiler
Adult common cerapicta spend a good part of their time tending for their young, providing them with food or hunting for brightly colored things like themselves. The common cerapicta mate for life and the constant need to build different shelters or sandcastles together is what keeps them interested in each other. Masters of water manipulation the common cerapicta will change the flow of water when hunting for parasites that hide in the sand. They also use this technique to move around rubble or to disturb the fish swimming nearby, changing their trajectory completely, spinning, and disorienting them. Common cerapicta prefer to stick to their kind, but this does not stop them from competing with the other creatures living in the pond. They hoard the gold that is thrown into the pond and have the habit of stealing it from other creatures when they do not pay attention simply for decorating their sandcastles.
Pond refused to stop giving me females but after considerable effort here’s the adult male as well
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I finally got something from the Koi Pond after another 25 tries. Fabari eggs. Now I can stop for a while, because I've done it at least once. :)
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by MothballMilkshake »

I got my first Lunar Koi lol
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

Nekoi wrote: December 6th, 2023, 4:40:37 pm
froglady wrote: December 6th, 2023, 1:28:05 am As a newer player, I don't have a lot of gold to throw into the pond (13.5k or so). I've put gold in there at least 50 times in the past month and gotten nothing. Not one single egg. How are you guys getting anything? Do I just have rotten luck? Or is there a threshold of money you have to chuck in before you have a chance at an egg?
1st of all...your chances don't increase with the amount of gold (unless they have changed how the pond works, which I don't recall reading anything about any changes to it, other than the above mentioned drop rate change), so just tossing in the minimum amount over and over until you get an egg works fine...eventually. 2nd...don't waste your money if you can get someone to breed you a pair of what you need/want for a lot cheaper (or even free!). Unless you really want a parentless pair. Which sadly, I usually do. :t-sweat:
For at least as long as I have been coding the site (and most likely waaay before that, probably right from the beginning), the amount of gold you throw in the pond does affect your chances. :orly:
Nekoi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nekoi »

Rosehill wrote: December 9th, 2023, 2:56:13 am
Nekoi wrote: December 6th, 2023, 4:40:37 pm
For at least as long as I have been coding the site (and most likely waaay before that, probably right from the beginning), the amount of gold you throw in the pond does affect your chances. :orly:
When I first joined and asked about it I was told it doesn't. So other than a few attempts at the higher amounts, I've only ever thrown in the minimum amount and it doesn't seem to have affected my results.
Egg and Hatchies codes for Ninjas
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[url=https://magistream.com/creature/14909903][img]https://magistream.com/img/14909903.gif[/img][/url]
Eggs and Hatchies beneath spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Community Discussion”