Critters #1463 and 1464

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Re: Critters #1463 and 1464

Post by VilaWolf »

WWECornSerpent wrote: December 5th, 2023, 6:27:49 pm Hopefully the Common Cerapicta is actually "common" for awhile as I've poured hundreds of thousands of gold coins into that pond over the years and still do not have everything that can be found there. And some I have are from the generosity of others during gifting seasons.
I get that it's a gold sink. I get that it is suppose to be hard to get eggs from there.
But during release times, they should flood the pond. Give people hope and maybe more people would use the damn the thing.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Personlly, I'd prefer a Pond SHOP.. the pond as it is, is a gamble.. and I do not like to gamble. If I'm going to spend money.. which I will if I want/need something.. but I'd prefer a sure thing.

I got my 2 common eggs from the pond, but believe me, I will not be getting more than the one pair. Fortunately, they didn't gender wrong, so I didn't have to use a potion.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Bluewyrm
CreaturesTrade

Post by Bluewyrm »

... :O these guys are SHRIMPILY marvelous!!!
ImageImageImageImageImage<-Help grow my train! ImageImageImage
Myouki
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Myouki »

Doing the math, it looks like I spent 495 gold to get three Common Cerapicta eggs using the 15 gold option, getting a Dragon Koi, Charaen, and Aurean Globefish (all frozen to free up space) in the process... I suppose I've had worse odds.
~Mostly looking for shop (especially Water and Herbal), quest, event, and hybrid creatures. Details in my wishlist (updated 12/20/2023), please and thank you~
Nekoi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nekoi »

VilaWolf wrote: December 5th, 2023, 6:38:23 pm
WWECornSerpent wrote: December 5th, 2023, 6:27:49 pm Hopefully the Common Cerapicta is actually "common" for awhile as I've poured hundreds of thousands of gold coins into that pond over the years and still do not have everything that can be found there. And some I have are from the generosity of others during gifting seasons.
I get that it's a gold sink. I get that it is suppose to be hard to get eggs from there.
But during release times, they should flood the pond. Give people hope and maybe more people would use the damn the thing.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!! :t-poledance: :t-corner:

>^_^< V

Edit: Finally got my 2 and that's all the gold I will waste on the pond. Thankfully, I did get another fish I've never been able to get before...but only one... :sulk:
Egg and Hatchies codes for Ninjas
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[url=https://magistream.com/creature/14937651][img]https://magistream.com/img/14937651.gif[/img][/url][url=https://magistream.com/creature/14937649][img]https://magistream.com/img/14937649.gif[/img][/url][url=https://magistream.com/creature/14937650][img]https://magistream.com/img/14937650.gif[/img][/url]
Eggs and Hatchies beneath spoiler
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

The Pond has been as it has been... a game of chance. People think they're doing a gamble when they toss their gold into it. It's not tying you to the waters; it is simply a game of chance. True, those of MS could have put the egg into the stream, but as it is a permanent creature, I'd rather take a chance to see what I get. I got 1 common while the other two were a goldfish and a lunar koi. I think I got the koi on a 40g toss, then the common when I switched back to the 15g toss.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Alvean Yale, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 00/25 gifts
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

As a newer player, I don't have a lot of gold to throw into the pond (13.5k or so). I've put gold in there at least 50 times in the past month and gotten nothing. Not one single egg. How are you guys getting anything? Do I just have rotten luck? Or is there a threshold of money you have to chuck in before you have a chance at an egg?
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

froglady wrote: December 6th, 2023, 1:28:05 am As a newer player, I don't have a lot of gold to throw into the pond (13.5k or so). I've put gold in there at least 50 times in the past month and gotten nothing. Not one single egg. How are you guys getting anything? Do I just have rotten luck? Or is there a threshold of money you have to chuck in before you have a chance at an egg?
I was like that and sometimes still am. It's just a game of chance or luck of the draw (toss). I don't frequent the pond as it is a money sink, but it is kind of fun to toss and see what I get. Sometimes I toss up to about 13 times, other times it's like 5. I quickly get bored of tossing and wondering what I get. It is fun, though.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Alvean Yale, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 00/25 gifts
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Pallastronomy »

Female common adult

Adult description
Spoiler
Adult common cerapicta spend a good part of their time tending for their young, providing them with food or hunting for brightly colored things like themselves. The common cerapicta mate for life and the constant need to build different shelters or sandcastles together is what keeps them interested in each other. Masters of water manipulation the common cerapicta will change the flow of water when hunting for parasites that hide in the sand. They also use this technique to move around rubble or to disturb the fish swimming nearby, changing their trajectory completely, spinning, and disorienting them. Common cerapicta prefer to stick to their kind, but this does not stop them from competing with the other creatures living in the pond. They hoard the gold that is thrown into the pond and have the habit of stealing it from other creatures when they do not pay attention simply for decorating their sandcastles.
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

For especially those who have been longer with the site, and are used to the Koi Pond being very stingy with eggs, to the point of frustration and giving up: With the release of the Common Cerapicta the drop rates of the Pond were tweaked so that getting eggs from the Pond is much more likely than before. These new drop rates are permanent, so while there is still an element of randomness in whether you get something from the Pond or not, the odds are far more favorable.

We (the team) have also had plans for adjusting the mechanics and game play of the Koi Pond for quite some time already, and most likely those changes will go live some time during next year. :t-woo:

Return to “Community Discussion”