Critters #1463 and 1464

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Nekoi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Critters #1463 and 1464

Post by Nekoi »

#1463 Tropical Cerapicta
Egg:Image
This small egg is smooth and slippery.

Hatchlings: ImageImage (female/male hatchlings)

Spoiler
Unlike other hatchlings, the tropical cerapicta prefer to build things rather than play. Be it a castle made of sand and colorful pebbles or a hideout of algae, these hatchlings put their creativity to good use, always finding new things to add to their small constructions. When not busy collecting rubble for their architectural plans, the hatchlings chase starfish alongside their parents, mastering their innate hunting skills. They are fierce even as hatchlings, never backing down from attacking something bigger than them if feeling threatened. Water magic comes naturally for them and the young cerapicta will sometimes use it in small flows to ruin their recently built castles if not satisfied with the result, or, in other cases, to playfully scare nearby creatures.
Adults: Image Image F/M
Spoiler
Known for their vividly colored bodies, tropical cerapicta are small, zealous creatures found in the shallow-water coral reefs near the Callisto Islands. They feed exclusively on starfish, which makes them beneficial for the corals. Not only do they rid their home of its natural predators, but they also keep it clean of any rubble that may find its way into the area. They use water magic to push things around, and on some occasions, to prank other creatures. Whilst small in size, the cerapicta are ferocious creatures. Barely reaching five centimeters in height, they will take on creatures that are up to six times bigger than them, knowing they can count on their potent water manipulation abilities. Although many prefer to keep away from these creatures, dedicated sailors consider them useful companions. If coaxed with enough common starfish treats, the tropical cerapicta can be trained to push and even power vessels.

Once they reach adulthood, tropical cerapicta will spend a good part of their time tending to their young or hunting for brightly colored things like themselves. They mate for life and one of their favorite activity to do with their partners is to build different shelters or sandcastles even if at the end of the day they return to their coral reef homes. Masters of water manipulation the tropical cerapicta will skillfully change the flow of water when hunting for starfish, flipping their prey and disorienting it completely. They also use this technique to move around rubble or to just playfully push a crab off its perch. Tropical cerapicta prefer to stick to their kind, but this does not stop them from competing with nearby zeratus while hunting for shiny things. They seem to be especially infuriated by these crabs and will stop at nothing from prying a shiny stone off of a zeratus sandcastle, even if it means making a trip on land while using their water magic to help them survive.
#1464 Common Cerapicta (found in the pond (Thanks @BBkat!!))
Egg: Image
This small egg is smooth and slippery.

Hatchlings: ImageImage (f/m)
Spoiler
Common cerapicta hatchlings are carefree and playful, always up to building something. Be it a castle made out of sand decorated with colorful pebbles, or intricate hideouts made out of algae, these hatchlings always put their creativity to good use. They can easily get lost while collecting rubble for their small structures and often spend a lot of time gathering more and more things on their way to their homes. Because of this, they are not too skilled at hunting for their own meals. The hatchlings are very dependable on the adults and expect to be fed by them regularly. Water magic comes naturally for them, and the young cerapicta will sometimes use it to demolish recently built sandcastles if they are not pleased with the result.
Adults: ImageImageF/M (Thanks @Pallastronomy!!)
Spoiler
Known for their vividly colored bodies, common cerapicta are small, zealous creatures found in freshwater ponds. Adapted to the pond climate and the lack of starfish, the common cerapicta feed exclusively on parasites. Along with keeping the other pond residents free of parasites, the common cerapicta also take it upon themselves to keep the area clean of any rubble. Using water magic, they push and pull things around to their liking, and on some occasions, they even move other creatures. Whilst small in size, the cerapicta are brave creatures. Barely reaching five centimeters in height, they will take on creatures that are up to six times bigger than them, knowing they can count on their potent water manipulation abilities. Magis who travel wide masses of water consider them useful companions. If given enough treats, a group of common cerapicta can be trained to push and even power small vessels.
Adult common cerapicta spend a good part of their time tending for their young, providing them with food or hunting for brightly colored things like themselves. The common cerapicta mate for life and the constant need to build different shelters or sandcastles together is what keeps them interested in each other. Masters of water manipulation the common cerapicta will change the flow of water when hunting for parasites that hide in the sand. They also use this technique to move around rubble or to disturb the fish swimming nearby, changing their trajectory completely, spinning, and disorienting them. Common cerapicta prefer to stick to their kind, but this does not stop them from competing with the other creatures living in the pond. They hoard the gold that is thrown into the pond and have the habit of stealing it from other creatures when they do not pay attention simply for decorating their sandcastles.
Last edited by Nekoi on December 7th, 2023, 2:18:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Egg and Hatchies codes for Ninjas
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[url=https://magistream.com/creature/14909903][img]https://magistream.com/img/14909903.gif[/img][/url]
Eggs and Hatchies beneath spoiler
Spoiler
Seejey
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Re: Critters #1463 and 1464

Post by Seejey »

Nothing new in the Herbalist Shop. I bet on a breeding only creature.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CLICKING AND FOR THE PRESENTS! I WISH EVERYTHING BACK! DOUBLE! ^_^

Wishlist: F Green, Bronze CWs; M Diamond Wyrm; any Cascara Amagnae, Water Shop and Dark Shop parentless creatures, pretty please! :t-puppyeyes:

Wanna get more clicks? Try this! Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Nekoi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nekoi »

I'm not having any luck at the koi pond, so you're probably right. An attempt to google cerapicta gave results of ceramic or decapods (shrimp and other shelled marine life)

>^_^< V
Spoiler

[url=https://magistream.com/creature/14909903][img]https://magistream.com/img/14909903.gif[/img][/url]
Spoiler
Ryves
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ryves »

I think it's a harlequin shrimp, google says they love to eat sea stars.
Any water guild members around to check the water shop?
Image Find something you love as much as a pumpkin wyrm loves pumpkin seeds. Image

Nekoi
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nekoi »

If anyone finds it, post it and when I jump on again tomorrow I will update the top post. BTW, is the koi pond broken? I spent the last 20 min throwing gold in and didn't get a single egg...

>^_^< V
Spoiler

Spoiler
Chimera
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chimera »

Nothing new in water shop
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Nekoi wrote: December 5th, 2023, 1:07:35 am If anyone finds it, post it and when I jump on again tomorrow I will update the top post. BTW, is the koi pond broken? I spent the last 20 min throwing gold in and didn't get a single egg...

>^_^< V
I got a globefish from it earlier, so it probably isn't broken?
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Creature 1463 will flood the stream up to and including December 7th.
Does this make the tropical cerapicta an event creature? :orly:

Either way, the egg is pearly and pretty!
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

MadameRed wrote: December 5th, 2023, 6:15:41 am
No, it's just that all new stream creatures will flood the stream for a few first days when they are released to make it easier to get them. After the flood period they will still appear in the stream, but in a more normal ratio, similar to other permanent stream creatures. ^_^
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Rosehill wrote: December 5th, 2023, 6:25:44 am
MadameRed wrote: December 5th, 2023, 6:15:41 am
No, it's just that all new stream creatures will flood the stream for a few first days when they are released to make it easier to get them. After the flood period they will still appear in the stream, but in a more normal ratio, similar to other permanent stream creatures. ^_^
I literally thought about this about 15 seconds after I posted it and now I feel like a boob :lol: This is my punishment for accessing the Internet at the buttcrack of dawn instead of slumping through my morning routine like the rest of the adults in the world.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!

Return to “Community Discussion”