Creature 1456

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Creature 1456

Post by BBkat »

A new creature has dropped! Head to The Keep and click the quest 'This is Halloween, everybody scream'
It's only around till Nov 20th tho!

Quest - This is Halloween everybody scream!
Spoiler
You head out for the festivities you heard are held at the Keep. Everyone's dressed up as their favourite companion - some so skillfully you need to take a second glance to make sure no-ones snuck their creatures in the party.

At the doorway you are greeted by two ominous hooded figures. The other one tries to greet you with a lot of scare, but instead succumbs into giggles and snickering. The other one then takes over with a reproaching "ahem" and welcomes you to the scariest feast of the year. As a party favour they tell you to put your hand in a massive pointed hat turned upside down and pull out whatever you first touch. Dare you do it?
Quest - This is Halloween everybody scream!
Spoiler
With just a little bit of healthy suspicion you stick your hand into the giant hat. Your hand brushes against something a little bit coarse and by instinct you snag your hand out of the hat without a second thought. When you open your palm, five little eggs are nested in it.
Sauin Peist
Bits of bark and leaves decorate this small egg.

Spoiler
Sauin peist hatchlings are nothing like the adults people are used to seeing all the time. Their bodies are not covered by the magnificent shells the adults sport, as the hatchlings cannot yet produce the glue needed to construct a shell. Even so, the hatchlings start gathering trinkets as soon as they dare to explore, carefully picking mushrooms and fruit, preparing for the moment they can start building their shells. They can be overwhelmed by all the things nature has to offer and, at the same time, can get excited about almost everything they find. A sauin peist nest can be so full of trinkets that some adults will throw away the things that are rotten or broken, creating drama with the hatchlings. But this only encourages the hatchlings to gather even more things they think could make for a good shell.
ImageImage male/female
Spoiler
Sauin peist adults would be small if it weren't for the bones, fabric, and wood arranged in tall piles on their backs. They are friendly and curious creatures, eager to learn new things about the world around them. On the other hand, they are shy and hide under their shell-like trinkets whenever they feel overwhelmed. The adults form small families and take turns caring for their young. While one parent remains with the hatchlings, the other is out exploring, searching for new trinkets and food for the family. One adult can be away from the family for a full day if the creature's curiosity is piqued by something. Occasionally, the adults can lose track of time when watching a milliner create an intricate hat or a group of people build a house. The sauin peists imitate these things when making their shell and take great pride in the results.
Every community has its beliefs, from faith in new or old gods to worshipping nature and the things it gives to people day by day. Those who have reverence for nature put together important festivities at the end of each harvest season. They build small altars to honor the earth for all that it gave throughout the year. During these festivities, they leave objects such as wood, fabrics, bones, and other small trinkets on the altars for nature and its creatures to take. The sauin peists are the most eager creatures to use these items. The adults gather all the things that catch their eye, adding them to their bodies, slowly building magnificent coverings from themselves. They make a special glue that keeps all the trinkets together for many years without any of the things ever falling apart. When produced in excess, the peists discard the glue in small piles, leaving it on leaves and tree bark. Carpenters later gather this sticky substance as it is useful when putting together delicate furniture ornaments.
Last edited by BBkat on November 1st, 2023, 6:08:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creature 1456

Post by blockEdragon »

My money's on a bagworm.
PaleoMage
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by PaleoMage »

"Oh, I want mine to be born on Halloween; I should wait until tomorrow to do this. Well, I guess I could get started- oh there they are." I didn't realize it would be so simple. :crazy:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sale Tab | Free Tab
Always buying Ambula bats at 300g each!
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by vipor »

PaleoMage wrote: October 31st, 2023, 1:26:49 am "Oh, I want mine to be born on Halloween; I should wait until tomorrow to do this. Well, I guess I could get started- oh there they are." I didn't realize it would be so simple. :crazy:
Creatures birthdate depends on the sites date, according to the site it is already Halloween.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

Image Doesn't seem to be dimorphism in the hatchlings

description:
Spoiler
Sauin peist hatchlings are nothing like the adults people are used to seeing all the time. Their bodies are not covered by the magnificent shells the adults sport, as the hatchlings cannot yet produce the glue needed to construct a shell. Even so, the hatchlings start gathering trinkets as soon as they dare to explore, carefully picking mushrooms and fruit, preparing for the moment they can start building their shells. They can be overwhelmed by all the things nature has to offer and, at the same time, can get excited about almost everything they find. A sauin peist nest can be so full of trinkets that some adults will throw away the things that are rotten or broken, creating drama with the hatchlings. But this only encourages the hatchlings to gather even more things they think could make for a good shell.
PaleoMage
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by PaleoMage »

vipor wrote: October 31st, 2023, 3:44:51 am
PaleoMage wrote: October 31st, 2023, 1:26:49 am "Oh, I want mine to be born on Halloween; I should wait until tomorrow to do this. Well, I guess I could get started- oh there they are." I didn't realize it would be so simple. :crazy:
Creatures birthdate depends on the sites date, according to the site it is already Halloween.
...Oh, duh! I was even taking advantage of that for other event creatures. Not sure why I forgot.
Sale Tab | Free Tab
Always buying Ambula bats at 300g each!
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Okay so I did this quest and it gave me 5 eggs of this new creature.
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by falsanthin »

Image Male
Spoiler
Sauin peist adults would be small if it weren't for the bones, fabric, and wood arranged in tall piles on their backs. They are friendly and curious creatures, eager to learn new things about the world around them. On the other hand, they are shy and hide under their shell-like trinkets whenever they feel overwhelmed. The adults form small families and take turns caring for their young. While one parent remains with the hatchlings, the other is out exploring, searching for new trinkets and food for the family. One adult can be away from the family for a full day if the creature's curiosity is piqued by something. Occasionally, the adults can lose track of time when watching a milliner create an intricate hat or a group of people build a house. The sauin peists imitate these things when making their shell and take great pride in the results.
Circle
Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Circle »

Omg it's like a little hermit crab!! <3
Wishlist: Any shop/quest/event creatures, nimbii, hybrid-type bred creatures, and any newly released stream creatures! Thanks for reading! C^:
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

This gives me Howl's Moving Castle vibes! :D
Be kind.
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!

Return to “Community Discussion”