question, less limited creatures released at the same time

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

question, less limited creatures released at the same time

Post by vipor »

I know this will be very unpopular, but do we have to have 8 new creatures in a single 9 day event?

I know hatching goes fast when your in the American timezones, but when you're on the other side of the world or have a full time job, it gets hard to get any time to hatch anything to complete sets before the event is over.

Don't get me wrong, everybody working on the site does an amazing job, but could we just have 4 limited event creatures per event and have 1-2 new stream/shop/guild shop/repeatable quest a month?
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: question, less limited creatures released at the same time

Post by pegasi1978 »

I agree with feeling a little overwhelmed with so many event creatures at one time. I'd even go so far as to recommend no more than three per event and if past event creatures are released again to reduce their frequency slightly.
| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

I agree. Too many creatures at once can be overwhelming. I'd also like to request that egg slots be changed or adjusted to 2 slots per type of creature; so if you release 3 creatures, give us 6 egg slots (then allow the 2 extra slots for donis).

I would much rather have fewer creatures, than be tearing my hair out trying to get at least one male/female pair of everything released at once in the limited time available to us.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Usually we do tend to have less creatures for events! This year for Halloween our artists came up with quite a number of such awesome creatures!

Due to the remnants of the big downtime and most effort having been put to fix the things that are still not working as they should, my brain capacity to think about the event came in a bit too late, and when putting everything together I ran into all kinds of technical difficulties, so I sort of went to autopilot mode and just put everything in without giving it much thought.

Seeing how the event progresses it's also possible that we may pick up some or even all of the creatures to be rereleased some time in the future.
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by vipor »

I know the coding has been the main focus. It should be and you have done great work.

What might also be an idea to maul over is having creatures be season locked. Split the year is 4 seasons of choice and having certain creatures only be available in the stream in their season. Giving a limited feel with less rush.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunatheDragoness »

It would be nice to have less new limited event creatures pushed out all at once. I'm in college and can't always be on here.
Also would be nice to have past limited event creatures to be available through a shop or event bag too. I've missed a lot of limited event creatures and would love to get some without having to pay an arm and a leg for it from another player. It would also be another way for users to use their gold if they are blessed with millions of gold. Although...people who aren't blessed with a lot of gold..that would be another problem I guess..If we can have a simple game like 2048 or something like Tetris to earn gold that would also help level out things and prevent site lag through too many people gold mining. Or doing daily quests that gives us gold, daily log in gold, posting to a new thread for the first time gold...stuff like that. We need more gamification on MagiStream.
TSDaMan
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by TSDaMan »

Honestly, anytime there is a large creature dump like this, I just go through and pick out the ones I want and ignore the ones I don't really care for.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Granitore
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Granitore »

...or make it more time for collecting said creatures / or less egg hatching time (or both),my time was because of work and real life pretty limited when it came to collecting these beauties. <3
-- <3 Ty for your clicks <3--
-- <3 I love crystalwings <3 --
<3 Thank you all so much for the gifts! <3

ImageImageImageImageImage
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

Maybe MS could have longer events broken up into waves for the larger releases. That way creativity doesn't have to go to waste but the userbase won't be overwhelmed.
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

Granitore wrote: November 9th, 2023, 3:28:30 pm ...or make it more time for collecting said creatures / or less egg hatching time (or both),my time was because of work and real life pretty limited when it came to collecting these beauties. <3
yeah i'd love to see event times extended a little bit just to make egg grabbing a little easier, esp for the small ones (or maybe just when we have more creatures than usual). def don't begrudge the artists/ms wanting to give us more fun creatures at once tho <3

(i know it was changed awhile ago/why it was changed, but i do miss just having event eggs flood the stream- maybe have like select times during events when it's just the event eggs and not the usual stream things like the platy floods? like not for the whole event, but just at certain times throughout the day?)
(pronouns: they/them)

<3 clicks appreciated (to hatchling only please) <3
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”